Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Uboat said:

Can you imagine the amount of traffic dan and the guys will have to cope with tomorrow especially if there’s no news by lunchtime

We pay enough in subscriptions for them to cope with that.

That reminds me, I need to upgrade to Platinum membership.
    us CL badge holders get it free for 6 months
  • So having read the link, the Scots and Donald Muir are out, 1 down I wonder how many 'really' to go?

Isn’t it fairly certain that two bids have been deemed accepted ? That implies two until the niceties have been worked out and Roland signs it over.

FWIW. I still don’t think it’s next week.

Hi @ShootersHillGuru my comment was purely made on the basis of do we really know? Like you I think its 2, but with some saying its a done deal tomorrow, perhaps we are now down to 1? So much conjecture now that I think its difficult to really know what the story is. For what its worth I don't think tomorrow is the day, but I do have a sneaking feeling, based on nothing at all, that it could well be this week, in time for the big game against Shrewsbury.
    this is a pretty accurate summary of the situation from what i know although i also know the nationalities of those remaining but not able to divulge although i'm sure others probably know as well
  • cafcwill said:

Just had another thought.

When would the match day programmes for Saturday need to be sent for the printers?

I only ask because in there it will show the Directors and Chairman and owner etc. If we have new owners by then, the printers will (need to) know. Or will it be a case of putting a sticky label over it?

Friday mornings.
  • cafcwill said:

Just had another thought.

When would the match day programmes for Saturday need to be sent for the printers?

I only ask because in there it will show the Directors and Chairman and owner etc. If we have new owners by then, the printers will (need to) know. Or will it be a case of putting a sticky label over it?

It’s no big deal - they only have to change Roland’s name to Roderick - his son who is taking over. Making him pay 45m is a piss take. He should have just waited inherit the club.
  • Charged me a fortune to advertise my cottage..
  • It’s got to the point I don’t care who takes over, I just want @DOUCHER to Scoop it first

Come on the Douche!! Don’t let me down :-)
  • razil said:

Charged me a fortune to advertise my cottaging business.

Now there’s an idea..

Forgot to put the link in too
  • Perhaps this is his new strategy. Remove any public targets for protests to centre on (ie Daisy) and then just carry on exactly as before. Certainly worked for him this season.
  • Sod this waiting around lark, I’m off to the legion for a beer
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

Uboat said:

Can you imagine the amount of traffic dan and the guys will have to cope with tomorrow especially if there’s no news by lunchtime

We pay enough in subscriptions for them to cope with that.

That reminds me, I need to upgrade to Platinum membership.
    us CL badge holders get it free for 6 months
    I did, as I was part of the early access group. Maybe you weren't invited to that. Awkward.
  • I know £45m has been mentioned, but that'd be with add ons for reaching the Prem etc. Are we guessing around £28m for initial payment?
  • Unless I've misunderstood the latest situation, we have 2 potential buyers who have both put in bids? If that's the case then why would the deal be going through so quickly? I would expect Roland to play one off against the other. What bit of info have I missed?
  • Unless I've misunderstood the latest situation, we have 2 potential buyers who have both put in bids? If that's the case then why would the deal be going through so quickly? I would expect Roland to play one off against the other. What bit of info have I missed?

You have FAR too much common sense for this thread, dear friend !

Most of us think with our hearts.

But you think with your head !
    That is unusual for a woman to say, most women say that men think with another part of their body

Both bids have been accepted.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018

ross1 said:

Unless I've misunderstood the latest situation, we have 2 potential buyers who have both put in bids? If that's the case then why would the deal be going through so quickly? I would expect Roland to play one off against the other. What bit of info have I missed?

That is unusual for a woman to say, most women say that men think with another part of their body
    I can assure you that this doesn't apply to @Arsenetatters.

One of a kind & non conforming ?

:smile:
    I have done it again haven't I? assuming Arsentatters is a male, and did not read the name before adding my comment, am I wrong? if so, sorry
  • Thanks Rick Everitt. Nice to see you copying my link about McGleish, then posting it on your twitter page as though you scooped it yourself. Yet I asked you a question and you ignored me.
  • edited February 2018
    Rudders22 said:

Thanks Rick Everitt. Nice to see you copying my link about McGleish, then posting it on your twitter page as though you scooped it yourself. Yet I asked you a question and you ignored me.

To be fair he did quote you at the time, just the tweet after but at same time.

Either way, confirmation one bid is out.

• edited February 2018

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Unless I've misunderstood the latest situation, we have 2 potential buyers who have both put in bids? If that's the case then why would the deal be going through so quickly? I would expect Roland to play one off against the other. What bit of info have I missed?

I have done it again haven't I? assuming Arsentatters is a male, and did not read the name before adding my comment, am I wrong? if so, sorry
    :blush:

I've just been outside getting the washing off the line and can confirm that I am not male. No man would be taking washing off the line on a Sunday. That's before I start the dinner. Mr Tatters, however, is having a nap. :wink:
    My Tatters has got you well trained. Can you please go to the fridge and get him an ice cold beer - he’s had a very busy day.
  • edited February 2018
    Rudders22 said:

thanks Markg2004. I don't mind him sharing something I picked up. The issue was that I asked him something verbally a year (in person) and he gave me the cold shoulder. He posts about "takeover imminent" and "done deal" when clearly it wasn't, then blames others for people misentrepraeing what he meant. (Well how else could you?). I asked him to PM here ang got ignored. and yes I would be a hyprocrite if I sad I didn't share and forward messages. Anyway I have said my piece now and "got it off my chest"

Fair play, I actually saw the tweet giving credit before the one sharing the story in this instance.

Yeah that would annoy me too about ignoring, but he is getting a bit of stick recently, rightly or wrongly, and this time was undeserved so thought I'd mention. Coincidently, the bite size thread doesn't give any credit to you at the moment, but all other info on there is credited.

Great little excerpt picked up though. Just one throwaway question to a reporter in Scotland but means a little bit more in terms to CAFC fans. Great spot.

Here's to it being imminent/done!
  • ross1 said:

ross1 said:

:blush:

I've just been outside getting the washing off the line and can confirm that I am not male. No man would be taking washing off the line on a Sunday. That's before I start the dinner. Mr Tatters, however, is having a nap. :wink:
    Sorry, I am s man and I took the washing off the line today and it’s Sunday here as well
  • I haven't taken any washing in today but stuck on a packed train that stinks of vomit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!