Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• redbuttle said:

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Unless I've misunderstood the latest situation, we have 2 potential buyers who have both put in bids? If that's the case then why would the deal be going through so quickly? I would expect Roland to play one off against the other. What bit of info have I missed?

You have FAR too much common sense for this thread, dear friend !

Most of us think with our hearts.

But you think with your head !
    That is unusual for a woman to say, most women say that men think with another part of their body
    I can assure you that this doesn't apply to @Arsenetatters.

One of a kind & non conforming ?

:smile:
    I have done it again haven't I? assuming Arsentatters is a male, and did not read the name before adding my comment, am I wrong? if so, sorry
    :blush:

I've just been outside getting the washing off the line and can confirm that I am not male. No man would be taking washing off the line on a Sunday. That's before I start the dinner. Mr Tatters, however, is having a nap. :wink:
    Sorry, I am s man and I took the washing off the line today and it’s Sunday here as well
    Apologies @redbuttle. I am assuming that all men are like the current Mr Tatters and the 2 ex Mr Tatters.

I forgot to add that he also lit a bonfire before I managed to get the washing down.
    You think by the third model you would have got one that does. ;)
  • Markg2004 said:

Rudders22 said:

thanks Markg2004. I don't mind him sharing something I picked up. The issue was that I asked him something verbally a year (in person) and he gave me the cold shoulder. He posts about "takeover imminent" and "done deal" when clearly it wasn't, then blames others for people misentrepraeing what he meant. (Well how else could you?). I asked him to PM here ang got ignored. and yes I would be a hyprocrite if I sad I didn't share and forward messages. Anyway I have said my piece now and "got it off my chest"

Fair play, I actually saw the tweet giving credit before the one sharing the story in this instance.

Yeah that would annoy me too about ignoring, but he is getting a bit of stick recently, rightly or wrongly, and this time was undeserved so thought I'd mention. Coincidently, the bite size thread doesn't give any credit to you at the moment, but all other info on there is credited.

Great little excerpt picked up though. Just one throwaway question to a reporter in Scotland but means a little bit more in terms to CAFC fans. Great spot.

Here's to it being imminent/done!
    Thanks. Just went on to "the other site" and now see "he did quote me".

I am man enough to apologise to Rick. On this occasion I am big enough to say "I got it wrong".

Yep, got a feeling in my bones it may happen today (Australia time). It is currently 4.45am there now. I am guessing 10am here and 8pm there.

I live in hope.

• cfgs said:

redbuttle said:

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Unless I've misunderstood the latest situation, we have 2 potential buyers who have both put in bids? If that's the case then why would the deal be going through so quickly? I would expect Roland to play one off against the other. What bit of info have I missed?

You have FAR too much common sense for this thread, dear friend !

Most of us think with our hearts.

But you think with your head !
    That is unusual for a woman to say, most women say that men think with another part of their body
    I can assure you that this doesn't apply to @Arsenetatters.

One of a kind & non conforming ?

:smile:
    I have done it again haven't I? assuming Arsentatters is a male, and did not read the name before adding my comment, am I wrong? if so, sorry
    :blush:

I've just been outside getting the washing off the line and can confirm that I am not male. No man would be taking washing off the line on a Sunday. That's before I start the dinner. Mr Tatters, however, is having a nap. :wink:
    Sorry, I am s man and I took the washing off the line today and it’s Sunday here as well
    Apologies @redbuttle. I am assuming that all men are like the current Mr Tatters and the 2 ex Mr Tatters.

I forgot to add that he also lit a bonfire before I managed to get the washing down.
    You think by the third model you would have got one that does. ;)
    Fair point. He's very good about me going to football though - as he's not a great fan of football. He seems to enjoy the long peaceful afternoons working on his computer.....Odd though, as he retired 3 years ago.
  • cfgs said:

I haven't taken any washing in today but stuck on a packed train that stinks of vomit.

Sounds like you over did the celebration of Cafc win yesterday
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

It’s got to the point I don’t care who takes over, I just want @DOUCHER to Scoop it first

Come on the Douche!! Don’t let me down :-)

Thanks AFKA - i reckon i could scoop it first actually if i put some effort into it but when all is said and done, this is a bit of fun on here, i'm not a journalist so being ITK / credible and all the rest of it isn't really a big thing although annoying some of the know it alls on here does have its is funny side. What really matters is we get this takeover done and get back to at least the championship and have a team and club that we can enjoy again. My kids have probably seen 1 decent season since they've been going and it would be nice to have a few more. When i started supporting, we were crap, but at least i saw the promotion of mid 80's, the re birth in the 90's and the prem days - lets hope we can do something similar in the near future.
    btw - rick everitt is not one of those i like to annoy - i think the guy is very intelligent, has charlton's best interests at heart and needs to be brought back into the fold as he has a lot to offer in getting the club back to where it should be
    The desperate squeaks of back-pedalling?
  • Question.. if and when Charlton are sold do Roland and the third party have to sign the same contract at the same time together.......ie be sitting in the same office together.

• Sponsored links:

• In order to manage my expectations, could someone please tell me when "imminent" became "not as imminent as we thought" and when this is likely to become "imminent" again?

Thanks in advance.
  • Question.. if and when Charlton are sold do Roland and the third party have to sign the same contract at the same time together.......ie be sitting in the same office together.

I very much doubt it.
  • Cheers covered end
  • edited February 2018
    So let me get this straight..

Bidder A: Scottish Muir and his associates pulled out because RD wanted too much for the club. This has been confirmed in a recent interview by McLeish.

Bidder B: Aussie Muir (not part of the AFC Consortium) is still in the frame and is RD's "preferred bidder"? Offer accepted by RD.

@Redhenry as yet unnamed (but supposedly mega rich) Chinese/Arabs/Russians is possibly the second bidder still in the mix. Offer accepted by RD.

Who's your money on then?
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

It’s got to the point I don’t care who takes over, I just want @DOUCHER to Scoop it first

Come on the Douche!! Don’t let me down :-)

Thanks AFKA - i reckon i could scoop it first actually if i put some effort into it but when all is said and done, this is a bit of fun on here, i'm not a journalist so being ITK / credible and all the rest of it isn't really a big thing although annoying some of the know it alls on here does have its is funny side. What really matters is we get this takeover done and get back to at least the championship and have a team and club that we can enjoy again. My kids have probably seen 1 decent season since they've been going and it would be nice to have a few more. When i started supporting, we were crap, but at least i saw the promotion of mid 80's, the re birth in the 90's and the prem days - lets hope we can do something similar in the near future.
    btw - rick everitt is not one of those i like to annoy - i think the guy is very intelligent, has charlton's best interests at heart and needs to be brought back into the fold as he has a lot to offer in getting the club back to where it should be
    The desperate squeaks of back-pedalling?
    1)why would i be desperate to back peddle?
    2) i am not back peddling
    3)you are one of the cling on muppets who it is fun to annoy
  • In order to manage my expectations, could someone please tell me when "imminent" became "not as imminent as we thought" and when this is likely to become "imminent" again?

Thanks in advance.

Imminently.

• I spilt a pot noodle down my shirt, got the missus to wash it, but I fetched it in from the line.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018
    From angle dust on ITTV

The Scottish contingent are not the only group to have walked away in the past few months. The owners valuation and stubbornness has put pay to much potential investment.
    The Australians are still in waiting but the offer provides little financial risk to them initially.This again raises the question of their financial suitability going forward.
    Duchatelet has kept them in his back pocket should a group offering close to his valuation for all assets not come to the fore. The second group in negotiations are somewhat of a mystery but I am told talk of them being a group of substantial and significant wealth is wide of the mark.

• Fuck. That's not encouraging.
  • edited February 2018
    We can wait longer than you Roland. Tick tock.
  • At this stage I don’t know who to believe
  • Yawn, yawn, yawn. Think this bloody thread will still be going this time next year!
  • J BLOCK said:

sammy391 said:

From angle dust on ITTV

The Scottish contingent are not the only group to have walked away in the past few months. The owners valuation and stubbornness has put pay to much potential investment.
    The Australians are still in waiting but the offer provides little financial risk to them initially.This again raises the question of their financial suitability going forward.
    Duchatelet has kept them in his back pocket should a group offering close to his valuation for all assets not come to the fore. The second group in negotiations are somewhat of a mystery but I am told talk of them being a group of substantial and significant wealth is wide of the mark.

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/22075/richard-murray-on-takeover-talks?page=7#ixzz57V0P3qHo

As soon as I saw the word IITV, I stopped reading.
    Angeldust is the only one on there worth listening to.
  • J BLOCK said:

sammy391 said:

From angle dust on ITTV

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/22075/richard-murray-on-takeover-talks?page=7#ixzz57V0P3qHo

As soon as I saw the word IITV, I stopped reading.
    Angeldust is the only one on there worth listening to.
    That doesn't bode well then.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!