Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Today is the day - nailed on.
  • redbuttle said:

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Unless I've misunderstood the latest situation, we have 2 potential buyers who have both put in bids? If that's the case then why would the deal be going through so quickly? I would expect Roland to play one off against the other. What bit of info have I missed?

You have FAR too much common sense for this thread, dear friend !

Most of us think with our hearts.

But you think with your head !
    That is unusual for a woman to say, most women say that men think with another part of their body
    I can assure you that this doesn't apply to @Arsenetatters.

One of a kind & non conforming ?

:smile:
    I have done it again haven't I? assuming Arsentatters is a male, and did not read the name before adding my comment, am I wrong? if so, sorry
    :blush:

I've just been outside getting the washing off the line and can confirm that I am not male. No man would be taking washing off the line on a Sunday. That's before I start the dinner. Mr Tatters, however, is having a nap. :wink:
    Sorry, I am s man and I took the washing off the line today and it’s Sunday here as well
    Apologies @redbuttle. I am assuming that all men are like the current Mr Tatters and the 2 ex Mr Tatters.

I forgot to add that he also lit a bonfire before I managed to get the washing down.
    In Mr Tatters defence, washing lines do make very good taper sticks.
  • ross1 said:

Unless I've misunderstood the latest situation, we have 2 potential buyers who have both put in bids? If that's the case then why would the deal be going through so quickly? I would expect Roland to play one off against the other. What bit of info have I missed?

You have FAR too much common sense for this thread, dear friend !

Most of us think with our hearts.

But you think with your head !
    That is unusual for a woman to say, most women say that men think with another part of their body
    Aresene is not a man! Therefore thinks with her head :)
  • It's now gone 7.30pm here in Sydney, and still nothing :neutral:
  • edited February 2018
    Just announce this shit already!!!!!!! Arghgggghhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018
    There are only two/three sets of people that know the value of the deal and when it will be concluded, believing anything else is just a "rumour" nothing more nothing less as this hasn't been disclosed by the seller of the club or either buyer.
  • There are only two/three sets of people that know the value of the deal and when it will be concluded, believing anything else is just a "rumour" nothing more nothing less as this hasn't been disclosed by the seller of the club or either buyer.

Agree with @WhenIwasLittleBoy

Others may have snippets and some insights but it will happen when it happens.

WIOTOS. Till then get on and live, love, laugh and be happy.
  • Can we set up a Just Giving “Like” fund for Rudders to help him through this , puts it all in to perspective
  • I have heard it may not happen today from my contacts. Then again, they have told me it might. I will feed more when I get info.
  • edited February 2018
    fear not peeps i have today received an email from The International Monetary Fund to inform me they have reviewed my dealings in "the market" and im owed $5 million --- as this can only relate to weekly fruit buying at Folkestone Market my aim is to buy cart loads of fruit and claim £50 million from the IMF and therefore buy Gaffa Tape Boy out------ just have to send my details off , loverly jubberly
  • There are only two/three sets of people that know the value of the deal and when it will be concluded, believing anything else is just a "rumour" nothing more nothing less as this hasn't been disclosed by the seller of the club or either buyer.

This, 100%.
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:

I have heard it may not happen today from my contacts. Then again, they have told me it might. I will feed more when I get info.

It might happen, or it might not, that is one top quality contact. ;-)
  • masicat said:

I have heard it may not happen today from my contacts. Then again, they have told me it might. I will feed more when I get info.

It might happen, or it might not, that is one top quality contact. ;-)
    To be fair............it’s on par with all the others.
  • edited February 2018
    Scoham said:
    Beautiful cut & paste by lno. I could be a journo.

PS my sources also tell me it may or may not happen today :smile:
  • Vintage Charlton .
    Guaranteed to let you down , doesn’t matter who buys us or how rich they are they’ll definitely be better than Roland and they’ll also be shit , it’s what we do .

The above TRUE 99%. The above FALSE 1%
  • Redhenry said:

Haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks, was told the end of the month so will treat that as the earliest date it will get done, if at all.

My 28th February prediction still looking good!

In all seriousness, such negotiations are slow and complicated matters. We've missed the transfer deadline, it really makes little difference whether the club is sold today, next week or in March
  • Announcement will be made on Saturday... I reaaaally hope.
  • Only true if there are no lawyers, accountants, agents, former directors or employees involved - oh, and if they or any of those others involved haven’t confided in friends, family and acquaintances.

I think you are forgetting the scarf makers!
    And their suppliers, families, friends and local bar staff.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!