Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

It was stated in October that AB had four sources and that the deal would be concluded by the end of the week, it was then stated that on twitter it was a "done deal". As my previous posts suggest there are only a few parties know what is actually happening and anything else but are nothing but rumours and should be treated accordingly.

No true but even if it was it still wouldn’t amount to saying it was “happening within the next week since November” would it?
  • Options

This takeover has been happening "within the next week" since November. Think someones source is not that reliable, as well as until it is officially announced i can't see how people can forecast when this will be concluded.

An entirely false statement. Evidence?
    Well this was your VOTV in November.......

Yes, and compare that with the official line until December 28th that nothing was happening and the club was not for sale. Which was more accurate? Yet people still want to rely on the official version of events, which has been a joke since 2013 when Slater denied the club was for sale while documents trying to sell it were being hawked around the City.

Were “lawyers working to sell the club” as reported or does anyone seriously think now that wasn’t true?
    The point is that what you’re saying also isn’t true. You’re slating the club for being a joke for saying ‘nothing was happening’ which was not true, but you’ve said a deal was to be announced within the next week back in October then you said done deal, which, again turned out to be nonsense.

So am I right in thinking, by the same standards of you saying the clubs a joke, that you are also a joke?
    I can't remember AB saying in October that it would be announced in the next week and also 'done deal' seems correct in that two parties have agreed deals with RD.

The articles above, go and have a look for yourself. And you and I must have a different definition of done deal. If two parties are still in contention, the deal is anything but done.
  • Options

It was stated in October that AB had four sources and that the deal would be concluded by the end of the week, it was then stated that on twitter it was a "done deal". As my previous posts suggest there are only a few parties know what is actually happening and anything else but are nothing but rumours and should be treated accordingly.

No true but even if it was it still wouldn’t amount to saying it was “happening within the next week since November” would it?
    Did you tweet "Done Deal ?"
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Bloody hell I thought my midday protest was early for kicking off. Looks like it's been upstaged.
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

Missed It said:

I'm sure I said this before, way back when this thread was just a nipper.

I thought I was the only one old enough to remember those halcyon days! Does anyone else remember a time when this thread was nothing but fields and the sun shone everyday?
    There used to be Daisies too. I wonder what happened to them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

This takeover has been happening "within the next week" since November. Think someones source is not that reliable, as well as until it is officially announced i can't see how people can forecast when this will be concluded.

Yes, and compare that with the official line until December 28th that nothing was happening and the club was not for sale. Which was more accurate? Yet people still want to rely on the official version of events, which has been a joke since 2013 when Slater denied the club was for sale while documents trying to sell it were being hawked around the City.

Were “lawyers working to sell the club” as reported or does anyone seriously think now that wasn’t true?
    The point is that what you’re saying also isn’t true. You’re slating the club for being a joke for saying ‘nothing was happening’ which was not true, but you’ve said a deal was to be announced within the next week back in October then you said done deal, which, again turned out to be nonsense.

So am I right in thinking, by the same standards of you saying the clubs a joke, that you are also a joke?
    Go and read the story I published in October. Happy to be called out on what I actually wrote but not invented versions of it.
    2nd paragraph, ‘a deal could be announced by the end of the week’. You wrote that, you were wrong. As I said a while back, Doucher gets criticised when he was wrong, therefore I think you should to.
    Is that wrong? How do we know it couldn't have been?
    Because, what’s come to the forefront since that was published is that a price hadn’t even been agreed by that point and the Aussies were still looking for the funds.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

JWADDICK said:

Missed It said:

I think they moved to Sheffield.
  • Options

But you still made the satement that "the takeover will take place at the end of the week" right or wrong ?
    I think I’ll have a nap now.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Taxi_Lad said:

@Greenie Junior you obviously have a deep personal grievance with AB. Let it go ffs!!! Quite frankly it's embarrassing
    None at all, I just don’t think anyone’s above criticism. I’m also not one bit arsed if you think it’s embarrasing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed It said:

JWADDICK said:

Missed It said:

I'm sure I said this before, way back when this thread was just a nipper.

I thought I was the only one old enough to remember those halcyon days! Does anyone else remember a time when this thread was nothing but fields and the sun shone everyday?
    Weedkiller.
  • Options

HarryLime said:

FFS The Airman is just a supporter like the rest of us, he just gives us snippets, on the way he sees things are going. He isn’t actually running the takeover process, it’s not his fault that the takeover hasn’t happened yet. It will happen at some point, but give him a break.
    No ones saying it’s his fault ffs, I don’t really doubt his intentions, he like so many of us want the club sold. But when you put yourself at the front of the action like rick has, when you make certain claims and they turn up to be wrong I think it’s right that people speak up about it.
    “Hey this person isn’t holed up in their bedroom masturbating into their sock like I am. I guess that means I have every right to criticise what they do and don’t do”
    Hahaha wtf
  • Options
    Uboat said:

JamesSeed said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Still a done deal?
    According to the legal source, it was a done deal ten days ago and still was last week. I wonder if Duchatelet is discovering that selling English clubs is, like English football on the pitch, a whole other world from selling clubs on the continent. He may think that because there are so many interested parties he can keep playing silly buggers until he gets what he wants.

A view put to me a long time ago was that he would keep being disappointed because buyers are realistic about what they should pay and eventually he would be forced to accept a realistic deal whether he liked it or not.

The Aussies or people close to them have thought they had a deal four times - in the summer, in October, in January and earlier this month. I’ve compared what came from that source with what was coming out of the process. Ten days ago was the first time both parties have said the same thing at the same time.
    Thanks for that. Now can the messenger shooters take a breather please?
    No, apparently they can't. For some reason this is really really important to them.
    RICK EVERRITT SHOULD BE IN JAIL. WE NEED TO SEE HIS EMAILS.

King of fake news. Sad.

THERES NO COLLUSION WITH DUCHATELET.
  • Options

Uboat said:

JamesSeed said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Still a done deal?
    According to the legal source, it was a done deal ten days ago and still was last week. I wonder if Duchatelet is discovering that selling English clubs is, like English football on the pitch, a whole other world from selling clubs on the continent. He may think that because there are so many interested parties he can keep playing silly buggers until he gets what he wants.

A view put to me a long time ago was that he would keep being disappointed because buyers are realistic about what they should pay and eventually he would be forced to accept a realistic deal whether he liked it or not.

The Aussies or people close to them have thought they had a deal four times - in the summer, in October, in January and earlier this month. I’ve compared what came from that source with what was coming out of the process. Ten days ago was the first time both parties have said the same thing at the same time.
    No, apparently they can't. For some reason this is really really important to them.

King of fake news. Sad.

I want to see his birth certificate, otherwise how will I know he's not a Muslim.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

JamesSeed said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Still a done deal?

King of fake news. Sad.

I want to see his birth certificate, otherwise how will I know he's not a Muslim.
    Rick Everitt is the founder of staprix.
  • Options
    I’m calling for a total shutdown on this thread until we can figure out what’s going on.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    seth plum said:

A deal could be done by Wednesday lunchtime if I win Euromillions.
    However don't take that as gospel or bet on it, that's what I'm doing.
    I will post an update if it becomes a certainty.

Don’t forget you need to go through the due diligence process.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!