Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

In @Redhenry we trust !!

Redhenry said:

Haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks, was told the end of the month so will treat that as the earliest date it will get done, if at all.

Hold on. Thought only a couple of days ago you said the big money men were still in the mix?

• Options

If we're picking people up on getting song's wrong then it's actually

"When I was a little bitty boy
    My grandmother bought me a cute little toy"

I hope your version doesn’t continue on to mention a palarse fan?
  • Options

or maybe

"when i was a little bitty baby
    my mama used to rock me in the cradle"
  • Options
    Never mind all this takeover nonsense, there's a vacant date in the Prediction thread for anyone who hasn't already had a go. Open to all.
    It's a February date btw.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

I take any 'ITK' posts with a very large pinch of salt, and wait for the club to officially announce our new owners.

I try very hard to do this, but it's easier said than done.
  • Options
    Just treat it as a bit of fun. And the takeover thread.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Never mind all this takeover nonsense, there's a vacant date in the Prediction thread for anyone who hasn't already had a go. Open to all.

Which date?
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

JamesSeed said:

Which date?
    My date. I'm out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:

Questioning AB isn't simply a case of 'personal narratives/ grievances'. Many moons ago, I questioned him on one of his posts and was called a 'petulant child' even though AB finally admitted that what he had posted amounted to nothing more than 'gossip'.
    AB has - I'd imagine - more contacts in the club than most on here, and reports their rumours for our benefit. But until the deal is 'done' they remain nothing more than rumours and people are entitled to question them.
    AB has something of a sacred cow status on here, and questioning him or calling him out on his rumours doesn't amount to 'Airman bashing'.
    I take any 'ITK' posts with a very large pinch of salt, and wait for the club to officially announce our new owners.

AB is also a useful conduit to pass information through without having to take the heat yourself :wink:
  • Options
    thought this might catch on....

Whats up Airman Brown! whats up Airman Brown!
    Out of the CL Clique You must go E Ei E Ei E Ei O...
    You got all our hopes up with news of a done deal
    Oh Whats up? whats up? dont get our hopes up whats up Airman Brown?
  • Options
    When is the next trip to Belgium now the deal has fallen through!
  • Options

Are you calling me a dingaling now!? Outrageous.... admin!
  • Options
    edited February 2018

In @Redhenry we trust !!

Redhenry said:

Haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks, was told the end of the month so will treat that as the earliest date it will get done, if at all.

Hold on. Thought only a couple of days ago you said the big money men were still in the mix?

Jesus fucking Christ take a break.
    Wouldn't normally dig somebody out, but when so many people appear to be hanging on his every word and also considering he is a major cause of the furore on here,I thought it only appropriate to bring it up.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

They won't help you, all useless.

I was pointing out that it was WhenIwaslittleboy that got the lyrics wrong.

As the Spanish translation of WIOTOS goes,

Que Sera Sera
    whatever will be, will be
    The takeover will be done by 3.00*
    Que Sera Sera

*not to be taken as literal prediction.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

HarryLime said:

This takeover has been happening "within the next week" since November. Think someones source is not that reliable, as well as until it is officially announced i can't see how people can forecast when this will be concluded.

An entirely false statement. Evidence?
    Well this was your VOTV in November.......

Yes, and compare that with the official line until December 28th that nothing was happening and the club was not for sale. Which was more accurate? Yet people still want to rely on the official version of events, which has been a joke since 2013 when Slater denied the club was for sale while documents trying to sell it were being hawked around the City.

Were “lawyers working to sell the club” as reported or does anyone seriously think now that wasn’t true?
    The point is that what you’re saying also isn’t true. You’re slating the club for being a joke for saying ‘nothing was happening’ which was not true, but you’ve said a deal was to be announced within the next week back in October then you said done deal, which, again turned out to be nonsense.

So am I right in thinking, by the same standards of you saying the clubs a joke, that you are also a joke?
    FFS The Airman is just a supporter like the rest of us, he just gives us snippets, on the way he sees things are going. He isn’t actually running the takeover process, it’s not his fault that the takeover hasn’t happened yet. It will happen at some point, but give him a break.
    No ones saying it’s his fault ffs, I don’t really doubt his intentions, he like so many of us want the club sold. But when you put yourself at the front of the action like rick has, when you make certain claims and they turn up to be wrong I think it’s right that people speak up about it.
    I personally don't think Airman has lied, he has only fed back source information. The "done deal" tweet was the only bit that irritates like immac on your scrote.

I however believe that RD is currently sitting back and enjoying seeing fans go into meltdown and two bidders jostling to get the best price for both RD and our potential new owners?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

FFS. Been in meetings all morning. Logged on over 100 messages and all it amounts to is bickering.
    Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm....meetings...... doesn't sound like a great life to me :wink:
    Don't I know it :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Max offer £28m upfront.

Source: None.
  • Options
    IanJRO said:

It's 100% done

Not ITK but thought i'd take the heat off of AB. Personally grateful that he shares what he hears.

It is 100% done I agree. It will 100% be announced prior to kick off on Saturday.... maybe
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

HarryLime said:

This takeover has been happening "within the next week" since November. Think someones source is not that reliable, as well as until it is officially announced i can't see how people can forecast when this will be concluded.

An entirely false statement. Evidence?
    Well this was your VOTV in November.......

Yes, and compare that with the official line until December 28th that nothing was happening and the club was not for sale. Which was more accurate? Yet people still want to rely on the official version of events, which has been a joke since 2013 when Slater denied the club was for sale while documents trying to sell it were being hawked around the City.

Were “lawyers working to sell the club” as reported or does anyone seriously think now that wasn’t true?
    The point is that what you’re saying also isn’t true. You’re slating the club for being a joke for saying ‘nothing was happening’ which was not true, but you’ve said a deal was to be announced within the next week back in October then you said done deal, which, again turned out to be nonsense.

So am I right in thinking, by the same standards of you saying the clubs a joke, that you are also a joke?
    FFS The Airman is just a supporter like the rest of us, he just gives us snippets, on the way he sees things are going. He isn’t actually running the takeover process, it’s not his fault that the takeover hasn’t happened yet. It will happen at some point, but give him a break.
    No ones saying it’s his fault ffs, I don’t really doubt his intentions, he like so many of us want the club sold. But when you put yourself at the front of the action like rick has, when you make certain claims and they turn up to be wrong I think it’s right that people speak up about it.
    I personally don't think Airman has lied, he has only fed back source information. The "done deal" tweet was the only bit that irritates like immac on your scrote.

I however believe that RD is currently sitting back and enjoying seeing fans go into meltdown and two bidders jostling to get the best price for both RD and our potential new owners?
    I don't think anyone's saying that.

Are they?

Oh they're not are they....
  • Options

If you want the truth,

Go to Belgium and ask Roland Duchatelet (He has all the answers)

AB was fed second hand gossip, but I grateful for his information at the time.

How can we blame him , the final decision is with Roland.

We should remember that, and not turn on each other and bicker.

??
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Que Sera Sera
    Que Sera Sera

Think you will find it was James Seed that got the lyrics wrong, however in true Irving fashion will come back with something.
  • Options

I wonder if Roland was watching today on iFollow.

Probably too tired after dancing the night away following STVV's win over Anderlecht last night.
    Somebody put Roland off his dancing on Friday night. His only moves were a rapid exit out of the Rvue bar.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Que Sera Sera
    Que Sera Sera

Think you will find it was James Seed that got the lyrics wrong, however in true Irving fashion will come back with something.
    it's

"When I was a little bitty boy"

not "When I was little boy"

Hence why James Seed confused your name with "When I was just a girl" which is the first line from another song, the one he adapted.

Happy now?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!