Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

Looks very Middle Eastern

And the Takeover merry-go-round starts again

Looks more Asian than Middle Eastern if you ask me. Thai perhaps?
  • Options
    The guy sitting in front of the mystery scarf man is Hairy Biker, Dave Myers, so I'm hoping the catering is going to be much better post takeover.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Addickted said:

Here’s some proper gossip for you - a pic from the directors’ box last Tuesday. I have no idea who the guy in the big scarf is or whether he is significant. But I’m guessing he just got a new scarf.

So if we could only find out who ordered the 1000s of red and white scarves we'd know who was buying the club.

Surely someone must know who it was? Who's ITK on Scarfgate?
    Patokh Chodiev.
    Not another billionaire Belgian!
    AKA “preferred bidder”
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Looks very Middle Eastern

And the Takeover merry-go-round starts again

Looks more Asian than Middle Eastern if you ask me. Thai perhaps?
    Bit of an upgrade on a Pot Noddle.

• Options

I wonder if Roland was watching today on iFollow.

Probably too tired after dancing the night away following STVV's win over Anderlecht last night.
    Somebody put Roland off his dancing on Friday night. His only moves were a rapid exit out of the Rvue bar.
    Really wish that I had been able to be there to see that. I hope that it truly spoilt his evening and I look forward to reading a full report from the B20 in due course.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Here’s some proper gossip for you - a pic from the directors’ box last Tuesday. I have no idea who the guy in the big scarf is or whether he is significant. But I’m guessing he just got a new scarf.

So if we could only find out who ordered the 1000s of red and white scarves we'd know who was buying the club.

Patokh Chodiev.
    If that's him, it wouldn't rule out the link with with family of Momofuku Ando, as Chodiev speaks fluent Japanese.

And, again, if it's Chodiev (who lives in London, but is a Belgian national), then Alexander Mashkevich and Alijan Ibragimov are likely to be his partners.

Mashkevich is part-Israeli, which might add weight to the rumours about Guy Luzon.

In short, if these three people are involved, there would be significant interest in Eastern Europe, Belgium, Israel and Japan as well as London.

And, they would be worth significantly more than Roland, Red Bull and all the other rumoured buyers put together.

This "Trio" is worth SERIOUS money.

• Options
    Have I been whooshed or are we all ignoring the fact that he looks absolutely nothing like this bloke. Or is it unrelated?
  • Options

Addickted said:

Patokh Chodiev.
    AFKA “preferred bidder”
    Thats our subcriptions going up then.
  • Options

Have I been whooshed or are we all ignoring the fact that he looks absolutely nothing like this bloke. Or is it unrelated?

I am left wondering also as it looks nothing like him. So thought it was just a joke.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story :smiley:
  • Options
    Looks a bit young for Patokh Chodiev
  • Options

Frankie Boyle in the back row. Maybe he has replaced McLeish at Donald Muir’s front man.
  • Options

Blackpool 72 - recognise an old mate of ours sitting in the front row?
  • Options
    edited February 2018

He’ll have to get his magnifying glass out first - the old eye sight isn’t what it once was.
  • Options

Certainly do.
    I'll give you his initials
    MB
  • Options
    Perhaps he is our new owner
  • Options

Perhaps he is our new owner

Haha you have got more money than him.
    I think all his ex wife's have got his money
  • Options
    To the left of scarfy I'm pretty sure that's the Honorable Elijah Muhammad (1897-1975), one-time leader of the Nation of Islam and mentor to Malcolm X.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s happening!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Addickted said:

Patokh Chodiev.
    If that's him, it wouldn't rule out the link with with family of Momofuku Ando, as Chodiev speaks fluent Japanese.

And, again, if it's Chodiev (who lives in London, but is a Belgian national), then Alexander Mashkevich and Alijan Ibragimov are likely to be his partners.

Mashkevich is part-Israeli, which might add weight to the rumours about Guy Luzon.

In short, if these three people are involved, there would be significant interest in Eastern Europe, Belgium, Israel and Japan as well as London.

And, they would be worth significantly more than Roland, Red Bull and all the other rumoured buyers put together.

This "Trio" is worth SERIOUS money.

It does look like him to be fair
  • Options

To the left of scarfy I'm pretty sure that's the Honorable Elijah Muhammad (1897-1975), one-time leader of the Nation of Islam and mentor to Malcolm X.

Well that will send the political threads into meltdown
  • Options

Certainly do.
    MB
    Michael Barrymore?
  • Options

Can’t tell if this is meant to be a takeover ‘wink wink nudge nudge’ or not :weary:
  • Options

Certainly do.
    MB
    Michael Barrymore?
    His first name is Martin and he was an old school covered end boy back in the 70s.
    A good mate of mine and raytreacy
  • Options

How come no one noticed this last week?
  • Options

Addickted said:

Patokh Chodiev.
    AKA “preferred bidder”
    Let's look at the facts.

@Addickted is a club insider as he sits on the Safety Advisory Group where he meets with club officials on a regular basis.

Chodiev holds Belgian nationality although he's originally from Uzbekistan.

Chodiev was estimated to be worth $2.2bn in 2018

Roland Duchatelet is Belgian and was said to have someone "he trusts" to sell the club to.

Other former USSR oligarchs have bought English clubs with a degree of success ie Chelsea.

I haven't seen clearer proof that he is the man buying Charlton since Capricorn 1 proved the moon landings were a fake.

Ah, Capricon 1. Good film. I'm still waiting for the sequel, Capricon 1 2.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!