Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Here’s some proper gossip for you - a pic from the directors’ box last Tuesday. I have no idea who the guy in the big scarf is or whether he is significant. But I’m guessing he just got a new scarf.

Blackpool 72 - recognise an old mate of ours sitting in the front row?
    Certainly do.
    I'll give you his initials
    MB
    Michael Bentyne?
    I loved Potty Time :-D
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Here’s some proper gossip for you - a pic from the directors’ box last Tuesday. I have no idea who the guy in the big scarf is or whether he is significant. But I’m guessing he just got a new scarf.

How come no one noticed this last week?
    Photoshopped I reckon
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Macronate said:

How come no one noticed this last week?
    I did see him from the lower west - mentioned in passing earlier on this thread after the game - copied here: "There was an Asian man in the party yesterday that gathers in the centre circle prior to kick-off (FWIW)... also Peter Varney was back in his usual seat in the lower west (but I suspect that he will probably be a regular again now that his involvement with Ebssfleet is over.)". He was the guy I saw - brand new scarf and spent a lot of time looking all around.
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

This takeover has been happening "within the next week" since November. Think someones source is not that reliable, as well as until it is officially announced i can't see how people can forecast when this will be concluded.

An entirely false statement. Evidence?
    Still a done deal?
    Still not paid up on the charity sweep stake?
    Certainly have and added some extra as well..........
  • Options
    Could be Alexander Mashkevitch his business partner sat next to him. Either that or it’s a little bit uncanny that two people looking roughly similar to them are sat there
  • Options

Is the bloke in the middle this bloke.

• Options

DiscoCAFC said:

This takeover has been happening "within the next week" since November. Think someones source is not that reliable, as well as until it is officially announced i can't see how people can forecast when this will be concluded.

An entirely false statement. Evidence?
    Still a done deal?
    According to the legal source, it was a done deal ten days ago and still was last week. I wonder if Duchatelet is discovering that selling English clubs is, like English football on the pitch, a whole other world from selling clubs on the continent. He may think that because there are so many interested parties he can keep playing silly buggers until he gets what he wants.

A view put to me a long time ago was that he would keep being disappointed because buyers are realistic about what they should pay and eventually he would be forced to accept a realistic deal whether he liked it or not.

The Aussies or people close to them have thought they had a deal four times - in the summer, in October, in January and earlier this month. I’ve compared what came from that source with what was coming out of the process. Ten days ago was the first time both parties have said the same thing at the same time.
    I understand what you’re saying but you gave a lot of people the impression it was a done deal and we all of a sudden were going to be under new ownership. It has been 1 1/2 weeks since you tweeted ‘done deal’ and we’re still none the wiser.

Not doubting your source but for a lot of Charlton fans like myself try and add two and two together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 billion views.. how much do you get per view again?
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/kJQP7kiw5Fk

4.8 billion views. Can't imagine why :wink:
  • Options
    I think I see Richard Murray in that photo I maybe wrong
  • Options

Stevie Nicks extreme left centre
  • Options
    The fugitive cop killer...from Red Bull. It's not..but he'd still probably pass the football league fit and proper owners test.
  • Options

Hold on, that’s me back right...I’d know who the bescarfed guys were if I wasn’t convinced that I was actually in the covered end...spooky
  • Options

Is the bloke in the middle this bloke.

No
  • Options

Is that Donald Trump front row.

That is Kashi's hopes of a new contract ended then.
  • Options
    I am opening the laundry for all the bed wetting and the need for new sheets in numerous houses tonight

Stop guessing now it’s not doing anyone any favours

If your mate is saying it’s done then keep it to yourself

Then those that have gone into meltdown chill out and just wait
  • Options
    clb74 said:

F@ck me and lifers on here wonder why most fans just want to turn up and watch the game on a Saturday and cant be bothered with all the ins and outs of Charlton.

Most fans don't go anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    breathe slowly and repeat

When it's on the OS
    When it's on the OS

• Options

wonder how long the Club can operate 'properly' without a CEO or COO?

Would not worry about that.

It'll probably run better this way.
  • Options
    Ban the sacred cow
  • Options
    So we don’t know who those peeps actually are ? Pathetic
  • Options
    Right this take over has just under 96 hours to happen. I have arranged cover at the day job just in case there is a leaving do at The Valley on Saturday, but now the fire service want me to be on call. Last moment I can commit to being on call is 6pm Friday, so takeover will be finalised at 7pm and I will miss the party.
  • Options
    The state of this thread over the last several pages, damn. Bit of a shitshow.

Also can we stop this "Guess Who" bollocks unless one of us happens to be someone in the intelligence service who can do that totally-not-fake enhancing of images like you see on shows like CSI...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!