Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Oops
  • Options
    Rick Everitt won a staring contest with Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Airman Brown
    October 2017
    I've got four sources on the story. There are no guarantees until they are gone but this is real.

Even 88 people liked it.
  • Options
    F@ck me and lifers on here wonder why most fans just want to turn up and watch the game on a Saturday and cant be bothered with all the ins and outs of Charlton.
  • Options
    A deal could be done by Wednesday lunchtime if I win Euro

seth plum said:

A deal could be done by Wednesday lunchtime if I win Euromillions.
    However don't take that as gospel or bet on it, that's what I'm doing.
    I will post an update if it becomes a certainty.

Don’t forget you need to go through the due diligence process.
    I have decided not to bother. I will offer 45 mil to be free and c!ear, and then give 51% of the ownership of the Valley to the supporter's trust.
  • Options
    And here was me thinking that it was only the Brexit thread where posters try to provoke arguments - it must be catching :wink:
  • Options

Airman Brown
    October 2017
    I've got four sources on the story. There are no guarantees until they are gone but this is real.

Even 88 people liked it.

Indeed. On the story for which I posted the link above, which has one factual inaccuracy in it concerning the directors’ loans, which I’ve since been told can be rolled over without their consent if there are no leases or other disposals involved.

With hindsight I should have given less weight to the source which said it could “even” happen within the next week, but the four sources were all about the deal in general, only one was about timing, which the story states. The club said “nothing was happening”.
  • Options

Airman Brown
    October 2017

Even 88 people liked it.

Indeed. On the story for which I posted the link above, which has one factual inaccuracy in it concerning the directors’ loans, which I’ve since been told can be rolled over without their consent if there are no leases or other disposals involved.

With hindsight I should have given less weight to the source which said it could “even” happen within the next week, but the four sources were all about the deal in general, only one was about timing, which the story states. The club said “nothing was happening”.
    And as for the tweet "Done Deal? " Should that have been given less weight ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Airman Brown
    October 2017

Even 88 people liked it.

Could well be a 'done deal' in that a price has been mutually agreed- but there is no way the club is going to announce it until all the paperwork is complete, funds transferred and (probably the most important bit) that the FA have done there 'right and proper ownership test.
  • Options

Airman Brown
    October 2017

Even 88 people liked it.

The whole story has come out over many months because I’ve trusted my sources. If we’d only listened to the club people would have believed there was no hope of getting rid of Duchatelet right up until December 28th. I haven’t got everything right or had the full picture at any point and nobody never would, but the story has come out via these sources (and others) and one of them here is better placed than anyone talking, including Richard Murray, to know. So we’ll see.
    But you cannot disclose any information during DD or whilst the takeover is taking place, what would concern me if i was buying the club is that information is being leaked and secondly is being placed on a forum, surely there is a potential for the deal to collapse by putting the information in the public domain.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

The CEO of one of the clubs sponsors has been informed that Duchatelet has sold. That’s what this implies ?

I’m certainly not suggesting that this is wrong but if the club is putting the news out there to sponsors then a, it’s very close and b, it’s only a matter of time before the sports media gets wind. The club are obviously now comfortable that people not on non disclosure agreements are in the loop. If that’s correct I would think the identity of the preferred bidder will come to light very soon as well.

Depends which sponsor. I can think of at least one who would get information from other sources than the club. There is no obvious reason for the club to tell sponsors in advance. The relationship is with the club, not the owner.
    Change of control clause in sponsorship agreement would usually have the sponsor being told in advance of any sale.
    With the best will in the world, I don’t think we have any sponsors with that sort of clause/clout. They may have an option to walk away after a deal, should there be some clash with new owners. Do we have any energy drink sponsors?? :wink:
    I would guess our shirt sponsors, who are in the betting and gaming industry would certainly have a change of control clause for any owner who held anti gaming views or if the club was bought by a competitor. For example Stoke City are owned, not just sponsored, by Bet 365. I am sure that Betdaq would have a view if the club were bought by someone associated with 888 or Rank.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options

This takeover has been happening "within the next week" since November. Think someones source is not that reliable, as well as until it is officially announced i can't see how people can forecast when this will be concluded.

An entirely false statement. Evidence?
    Well this was your VOTV in November.......

Yes, and compare that with the official line until December 28th that nothing was happening and the club was not for sale. Which was more accurate? Yet people still want to rely on the official version of events, which has been a joke since 2013 when Slater denied the club was for sale while documents trying to sell it were being hawked around the City.

Were “lawyers working to sell the club” as reported or does anyone seriously think now that wasn’t true?
    But you still made the satement that "the takeover will take place at the end of the week" right or wrong ?
    Wrong. Clearly. It's in black and white. Drop it.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Airman Brown
    October 2017

Even 88 people liked it.

Could well be a 'done deal' in that a price has been mutually agreed- but there is no way the club is going to announce it until all the paperwork is complete, funds transferred and (probably the most important bit) that the FA have done there 'right and proper ownership test.
    Not a done deal then is it.
  • Options

Thread has reached a new low. I’m as obsessed as anyone regarding this but I think I’ll just give it a wide birth for a while. Some of the recent posts on this thread are truly embarrassing. That is a fact.

The thought of you with your legs in stirrups has just turned my stomach

:wink:
  • Options
    Chizz said:

We have actually got people lying about what someone wrote, in order to "prove" that they were lying. It's all gone a bit Jacob Rees-Mogg for my liking.

Fake news. Sad.
  • Options

Out of interest is that Mick Hucknall?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!