Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited February 2018

Yet another major disappointment for supporters tonight, Robinson needs to go when new owners come in.
    But if I was looking to buy now after last 3 matches I would wait until May , as no way this squad or manager have what it takes to win play offs , that’s assuming we even get there.
    This is a team of chokers no guts and no drive.

You don't wait until May if you want to plan for next season.

Get it done ASAP, get some players scouted and get signings done by the first couple of weeks of June.
    Do you bollox. You make the idiot owner sweat for another 6 months.
    I can't see why there would be any urgency on the buyers side.

There is already urgency on Roland's side.

Not suggesting an interested party will overpay just to get the deal done now it's silly to think they should refuse to buy now if a sensible price is agreed, all so they can make Roland sit on his hands for another six months.
  • Fumbluff said:

Admittedly I don’t know and will not pretend too either , twice this person has told me two months time. If it happens tomorrow I will be as happy as everyone one else.

Hmmm, how long ago did he tell you the first time??
    Fumbluff said:

Admittedly I don’t know and will not pretend too either , twice this person has told me two months time. If it happens tomorrow I will be as happy as everyone one else.

Fumbluff said:

14 years ago
  • sammy391 said:

Guy on charlton Facebook group bumped into Robinson today, Robinson apparently told him to keep an eye on the news this week ...

EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/groups/charltonfc/permalink/10156035233675279/

Clutching at straws, but perhaps a bit of takeover goss!?

Keep an eye on the news?

ITV news at 10pm put up the it's happening GIF
  • Dave2l said:

sammy391 said:

Guy on charlton Facebook group bumped into Robinson today, Robinson apparently told him to keep an eye on the news this week ...

Keep an eye on the news?

He also said KR told him Bauer and Fosu had picked up knocks and wouldn’t play against Bradford. WUM. So bizarre that a fan would post that. Shows the downside of the internet. Perfect for attention seekers.
  • Valley11 said:

Dave2l said:

sammy391 said:

Keep an eye on the news?

He also said KR told him Bauer and Fosu had picked up knocks and wouldn’t play against Bradford. WUM. So bizarre that a fan would post that. Shows the downside of the internet. Perfect for attention seekers.
    Yeah through his later comments on his original post it was clear it was a wind up.
  • Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

Dave2l said:

sammy391 said:

Keep an eye on the news?

Yeah through his later comments on his original post it was clear it was a wind up.
    Is that guys life so empty he chooses to ‘wind-up’ a load of people he’s never met?

Weird

• sammy391 said:

Can't see the quote without joining the group. I guess it was all in your post anyway?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

sammy391 said:

Keep an eye on the news?

I'll have to check that
  • edited February 2018
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but I guess it could possibly effect the takeover.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12017/11249651/alex-mcleish-in-talks-with-scottish-fa-over-becoming-manager
  • edited February 2018
    Although we are only halfway through February and its been said that the sale of the cloob is likely to be February we still have a couple of weeks left. However the rumour mongers abound saying that negotiations are protracted which is adding unnecessary concern for fans. Could this be an opportunity for the Trust to approach RM again for an update? Surely the Charlton Staff should be informed of the latest situation given that its their livelihood at stake and RM should be on the case?
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but I guess it could possibly effect the takeover.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12017/11249651/alex-mcleish-in-talks-with-scottish-fa-over-becoming-manager

Mcleish was/is just a consultant for one of the interested parties. A lot like Dennis wise was one for jiminez and cash. Doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll turn up as manager
  • Are we 100% certain that there is no Chinese interest ?
  • Didn't someone mention yesterday that they believed the Scots had walked away completely?
  • edited February 2018

Are we 100% certain that there is no Chinese interest ?

What drives your question?

• MarcusH26 said:

Didn't someone mention yesterday that they believed the Scots had walked away completely?

Roland wouldn't sell us to a Chinese person.
    He cares about the club too much.

(Just to make it completely clear that it's a joke and I'm not raciest...Roland a few years ago said Chinese owners were shit....not in those exact words)
  • Dave2l said:

MarcusH26 said:

Didn't someone mention yesterday that they believed the Scots had walked away completely?

Roland wouldn't sell us to a Chinese person.
    He cares about the club too much.

(Just to make it completely clear that it's a joke and I'm not raciest...Roland a few years ago said Chinese owners were shit....not in those exact words)
    Yeah I remember that bizarre interview just after he brought St Truiden again.

Was talk a good few weeks back now that there was Chinese interest and I don’t remember hearing that they had gone away. The rumour just seemed to disappear.

• Sponsored links:

Was talk a good few weeks back now that there was Chinese interest and I don’t remember hearing that they had gone away. The rumour just seemed to disappear.

Ok.

All seems to have gone very quiet. Not surprising given the kicking AB took a few days ago. Wouldn't blame him for not sharing.

There was an Asian man in the party yesterday that gathers in the centre circle prior to kick-off (FWIW)... also Peter Varney was back in his usual seat in the lower west (but I suspect that he will probably be a regular again now that his involvement with Ebssfleet is over.).
  • Solidgone said:

Although we are only halfway through February and its been said that the sale of the cloob is likely to be February we still have a couple of weeks left. However the rumour mongers abound saying that negotiations are protracted which is adding unnecessary concern for fans. Could this be an opportunity for the Trust to approach RM again for an update? Surely the Charlton Staff should be informed of the latest situation given that its their livelihood at stake and RM should be on the case?

When Joynes leaves at the end of February what is then the structure for running the club? Maybe the Charlton staff already know.

There was a Chinese group shown around the training ground but somebody on here (AB?) said it was nothing to do with a takeover bid
  • MarcusH26 said:

I read this last night as well? Think it was Davidsmith who posted but in a way that sounded like it was old news though wasn't old news to me.

If the Scots have walked away I won't lose any sleep over them so long as RedHenry's group are still at the table.
  • Are we going to need an “it’s not happening” GIF? :unamused:
  • I hate this ongoing crap at the moment.
  • Could it be the calm before the storm

Standby for fireworks
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!