Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I haven’t been on here much as it was the weekend and wanted to enjoy it. My comment is chill people

Roland has publicly stated he is looking to sell
    2 parties in the running
    Murray told staff it’s happening and he has signed an nda

It’s happening, just relax and wait for it! It might be today, it might me April, let’s hope is April because it’s another month of Roland being hit financially

Does it matter if people are saying done deal and they could be a week out? Even the report of a done deal suggests we are closer to Roland leaving than at any point. Be patient people and keep the updates coming

Dont trust Murray and people seem to be forgetting what a snake he's been these past few years.
    All smoke and mirrors.
    It's apparent that he said what he said the other week to draw these second bidders out.

Sounds like it worked but , but him and his honcho are playing a dangerous game.
  • edited February 2018

cafc1263 said:

Has anyone thought that one of the parties that are looking to buy us has something to do with Peter Varney ?

Been done to death. No.
    Do you know for sure? I wouldn’t bet against it personally
  • cafc1263 said:

Has anyone thought that one of the parties that are looking to buy us has something to do with Peter Varney ?

Been done to death. No.
    Rick's source told him.

• proper spit out my tea laugh out loud moment @Uboat

Credit to @Coldwar_Steve on Twitter. Funniest account on there.
  • edited February 2018
    Addickted said:

At least two of those are dead.

Shhh...give them a tartan blanket and a thermos and no-one will be any the wiser!!! :wink:
  • Red bull gives you "wings"

They need to takeover over welling united simply just for that
  • Nothing posted on this thread for 6 hours... Must be a record.

You just made me feel sad

Yes, it's all gone very quiet... I'm happy to take one for the team, and be proven wrong tomorrow

The takeover is off, Roland is preparing for another 20 years of glorious leadership
  • Sponsored links:

• There will be a lot of eyes on the directors box tomorrow I reckon.
  • 'Bite Size' has dropped three pages down. What sort of a takeover thread is that?

To bump, or not to bump: that is the question?
  • edited February 2018
    Think people are wanting @Redhenry to respond to @Airman's enquiry as to if he knows who was with David Joyes. May be wrong.
  • Today's the day. Well maybe. If we want it to happen enough that might make it happen. #believe
  • Today is the day I went for and I’m still convinced.

Announcement will come at 1:25
  • No news is normally good news isn’t it ?
  • Today is the day I went for and I’m still convinced.

Announcement will come at 1:25

You'd better be right. I've promised myself that I'm giving up this thread for Lent. (Has the added advantage that I can keep eating creme eggs.)
  • cafc1263 said:

Been done to death. No.
    Have a chat with your local bookie* he’ll be happy to take your money

*assuming you’re over 18 and allowed on the premises

• Sponsored links:

• PeteF said:

Swisdom said:

So do we think today we will have a surprise prior to kickoff?

It's not how we normally do things is it.....but wouldn't it be good

If you were about to buy a football club (for say £45m) - and be widely hailed as the salvation - would you just do a press conference and ease in sideways or would you go for arriving on a jetpack, handing the match ball to the ref and then grab the mic and announce who you are and announce your target is champions league football within 5 years.

Bit like Michael Knighton in full Man U kit on the pitch a few years ago... that went well.
    Fryer got a bit carried away when sunley took over on the day of the grimsby game if i remember
    ..look how that worked out
    Swisdom said:

If you were about to buy a football club (for say £45m) - and be widely hailed as the salvation - would you just do a press conference and ease in sideways or would you go for arriving on a jetpack, handing the match ball to the ref and then grab the mic and announce who you are and announce your target is champions league football within 5 years.

Deflection. That's the best way to guarantee media coverage.

For instance, the company buying Charlton organising an exclusive media release to announce they're the new title sponsor of the Grand National, tonight. Then, at that media announcement, slip in the fact that they've just acquired Charlton too.

So, if you want to know who Charlton's new owners are, stay tuned to tonight's Grand National media announcement.
  • Swisdom said:

If you were about to buy a football club (for say £18m) - and be widely hailed as the salvation - you would just do a press conference and ease in sideways, announce who you and you're young female CEO are - announce your target is championship football within 5 years.

Sorry, Swizz ...... I just had to fix it for you.

• Davo55 said:

Swisdom said:

I wouldn't ideally want my first game as owner to be in front of a very small crowd on a cold, wet Tuesday evening. I'd wait until the MK Dons away game is out of the way, announce on Sunday 18th and watch the ticket sales for Shrewsbury on the 24th to steadily climb, then make my appearance before that game.
    After tonight 4 out of the next 5 games are away from home. I’d wait until the run-up to the home match against Fleetwood on 17th March. It’ll be a glorious, warm for the time of year, day, and the club will then undergo a period of time forever known as the “Spring Clean” as it rids itself of any remnants of Roland’s failed social experiment. We will sent Tone out on loan to Subway for the remainder of his contract.
  • 1.4 million views, thousands of message.

No information gained.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!