Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Just some wild speculation here (or if you are Akworth or Bexley Boy 100% fact)

Two very experienced people who've been in football a long time suddenly become available.

Coincidence, incompetence (they did appoint Pardew) or tapped up by our new owners?

Confused, you won't be after this episode of the Takeover Thread.
    I get Lai buying a club for whatever ridiculous amount it was and not wanting them to be in the Championship, but West Brom have traditionally been a really well run yo-yo club. I know there was discontent with Tony Pulis, and the Saido Berahino thing was weird, but I'd say West Brom are about at their level, fighting to stay up in the Premier League. That said, you don't make friends appointing Tony Pulis and Alan Pardew, you either stay in the division or have a man who can dance like, really really well.
  • Why do people think any new faces in the directors box?.They may stay away until any deal done.
  • T_C_E said:

Today is the day I went for and I’m still convinced.

Announcement will come at 1:25

Ffffsssssss
    Plenty of time yet, don't forget Leeds are 4 hours behind London. ;)
    4 Decades
  • Today is the day I went for and I’m still convinced.

Announcement will come at 1:25

Ffffsssssss
    Ban @Leeds_Addick
    Needs it's own thread.
  • Does anyone know if JJ has been doing any coaching at all? Wonder if he might find a role under new ownership.
  • Why do people think any new faces in the directors box?.They may stay away until any deal done.

Deal is already done apparently :wink:

Keep up!!
  • sammy391 said:

Guy on charlton Facebook group bumped into Robinson today, Robinson apparently told him to keep an eye on the news this week ...

EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/groups/charltonfc/permalink/10156035233675279/

Clutching at straws, but perhaps a bit of takeover goss!?

Well fosu and Bauer are both starting so I don’t think I hold out much hope on this guy being correct.
  • Has Chief Nzeribe been seen recently?
  • Sponsored links:

• I am more looking forward to the video and photos of the Directors box tonight than I am of the photos and videos of the football action.

As if.

The whole ' done deal' thing was a ruse to flush other bidders out.
    Classic Duchatelet
  • No one there.
  • Yet another major disappointment for supporters tonight, Robinson needs to go when new owners come in.
    But if I was looking to buy now after last 3 matches I would wait until May , as no way this squad or manager have what it takes to win play offs , that’s assuming we even get there.
    This is a team of chokers no guts and no drive.
  • edited February 2018

Yet another major disappointment for supporters tonight, Robinson needs to go when new owners come in.
    But if I was looking to buy now after last 3 matches I would wait until May , as no way this squad or manager have what it takes to win play offs , that’s assuming we even get there.

Why o why didn’t they push to get this over the line a month ago?

Could’ve got Powell in and we’d be cruising now! (Man–love)

I’m still not convinced anything will happen this side of summer.
  • Any interesting faces in the Director's Box?
  • Yet another major disappointment for supporters tonight, Robinson needs to go when new owners come in.

You don't wait until May if you want to plan for next season.

Get it done ASAP, get some players scouted and get signings done by the first couple of weeks of June.
    End of April takeover
    Plenty of time to plan for next season.
    We ain’t going up under Robbo anyway
  • 2 months

Second time you’ve posted that.

You surely can’t leave it there.

• I’ve spoken twice now to someone of prominence who has been mentioned in takeover talks in recent months and he tells me Two months time!
    Maybe right maybe wrong but for all the itk posts and people with connections I am more willing to believe what this guy says, even if he is not ultimately part of the takeover I’m sure he is in the loop than most.
  • Sponsored links:

• 15 June ... just be patient.

Any owners with genuine commitment and positive intentions for the club would get in and stop the rot ASAP and surely want to halt the demise.

If it is purely based on a business decision and finances to hold off it doesn't speak well.

If the buy price is contingent on which league we end up in at the end of the season they could agree it now and still take over. No way new owners would jeopardise promotion to save money as it would be false economy.

Probably the seller being a true to form tit.
  • I’ve spoken twice now to someone of prominence who has been mentioned in takeover talks in recent months and he tells me Two months time!
    Maybe right maybe wrong but for all the itk posts and people with connections I am more willing to believe what this guy says, even if he is not ultimately part of the takeover I’m sure he is in the loop than most.

Sorry if I’m just being ignorant as I have very little knowledge around this sort of thing, but how would someone be able to lay down a marker of say 2 months?

If like we have been told by a fair few people now DD has been done, even with reports of a ‘done deal’ , what could be this snag that’s causing over 8 weeks of delay.
  • Laddick01 said:

I’ve spoken twice now to someone of prominence who has been mentioned in takeover talks in recent months and he tells me Two months time!

Sorry if I’m just being ignorant as I have very little knowledge around this sort of thing, but how would someone be able to lay down a marker of say 2 months?

If like we have been told by a fair few people now DD has been done, even with reports of a ‘done deal’ , what could be this snag that’s causing over 8 weeks of delay.
    Strange time to be posting this.

Paul Elliott by any chance?

Get it done ASAP, get some players scouted and get signings done by the first couple of weeks of June.
    Do you bollox. You make the idiot owner sweat for another 6 months.
    I can't see why there would be any urgency on the buyers side.

• Admittedly I don’t know and will not pretend too either , twice this person has told me two months time. If it happens tomorrow I will be as happy as everyone one else.

Urgency may come from the fact that there isn't just one group bidding for the club. If they've agreed on price then they're not going to wait around for the other bidder to match it and close the deal first.

Urgency may come from the fact that there isn't just one group bidding for the club. If they've agreed on price then they're not going to wait around for the other bidder to match it and close the deal first.
    No one is willing to pay Roland’s price so there could be a hundred bidders it wouldn’t matter, all waiting now for him to fold , longer they wait more chance they have of getting Club at right price.
    Would you buy a Car at market value that has no MOT, needs new tyres and is losing oil! That’s CAFC at the moment.
    Why do you think deal has rolled on since October and some buyers have walked away like the Scots.
  • I thought the price had been agreed.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!