Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Henry Irving, exit stage left.

Wasn’t that Snagglepuss?
    Heavens to murgatroid!!!!!!!!!

• Depends whose Monday or Tuesday. Tuesday morning in Oz is still Monday evening here ....

• Henry Irving, exit stage left.

Wasn’t that Snagglepuss?
    Good grief. That's showing your age!!
  • edited February 2018
    Davo55 said:

Henry Irving, exit stage left.

Wasn’t that Snagglepuss?
    Good grief. That's showing your age!!
    I think her big brother told her all about it.
  • If it's the Museum buying CAFC what is the exit plan?
  • If it's the Museum buying CAFC what is the exit plan?

I think the easiest way is to go down in the lift and out through the door in the northeast corner.
  • edited February 2018
    I thought the lift was broken.
  • Addickted said:

I thought the lift was broken.

No, but under Roly it only goes down.
  • Scoham said:

From Facebook

Any inside info Airman :wink:

• Sponsored links:

• Rick

There is no need to justify yourself. It is very easy to throw mud.

You cannot please everyone. (especially the nasty people on this blog)

A reported sale fell through. Maybe the buyers were scared off by cost of running the club, contract conditions, or withdrew just to drive price down. (Who knows).

I glad you reported these events, at least it showed Duchatelet was considering selling the Club.

Rick was party to third party information. Gossip (Yes) national newspapers make a living printing gossip.

Virtually all the Charlton Athletic Fans appreciate your efforts.

"Fell through"? Are you telling us it's off? FFS
  • Rick

A reported sale fell through.
    Maybe the buyers were scared off by cost of running the club, contract conditions, or withdrew just to drive price down. (Who knows).

I glad you reported these events, at least it showed Duchatelet was considering selling the Club.

Rick was party to third party information. Gossip (Yes) national newspapers make a living printing gossip.

Don't think it's fallen through. I think the general feeling is that a deal's been agreed, but not completed yet.
  • JamesSeed said:

Rick

Maybe the buyers were scared off by cost of running the club, contract conditions, or withdrew just to drive price down. (Who knows).

Don't think it's fallen through. I think the general feeling is that a deal's been agreed, but not completed yet.
    I keep asking the question. If a deal has been done why are we hearing there is still another party in the running ?

• The fact this thread is back to "Is Peter Varney involved?" and "will Red Bull leave the Valley?" shows how stale the thread is getting.
  • JamesSeed said:

Rick

I keep asking the question. If a deal has been done why are we hearing there is still another party in the running ?
    I think 'agreed' is the consensus. Others have explained here that that can happen when these business deals are being negotiated. Until they are actually signed anything can happen.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Rick

I think 'agreed' is the consensus. Others have explained here that that can happen when these business deals are being negotiated. Until they are actually signed anything can happen.
    So a deal hasn’t been agreed. An acceptable offer has been made is what’s happened. Not agreed because there is another potential buyer. My theory anyway.

• cafc1263 said:

Has anyone thought that one of the parties that are looking to buy us has something to do with Peter Varney ?

Been done to death. No.</blockquote

So why am I hearing that he signed a non disclosure document last week .

• cafc1263 said:

cafc1263 said:

Has anyone thought that one of the parties that are looking to buy us has something to do with Peter Varney ?

Been done to death. No.
    Where did you hear that?

Murray said he signed a NDA last week.
  • Who were the people with David Joyes at The Valley on Friday (as referenced by @Redhenry)? Can confirm they were there.

Do you know who they are? Or are you enquiring?
  • Sponsored links:

• Who were the people with David Joyes at The Valley on Friday (as referenced by @Redhenry)? Can confirm they were there.

Do you know who they are? Or are you enquiring?
    No, I don’t.
  • At least two of those are dead.
  • I have to say I think a north Korean consortium could rocket us to the Premier League in no time but why is our manager in the Director's box?
  • Is that CJ de Mooi from eggheads with his shirt off?

Human rights issues aside Mugabe has a lot of money...

Interesting double act them two could be
  • proper spit out my tea laugh out loud moment @Uboat
  • Mugabe would be a step in the right direction.
    I’m still speculating ....
  • masicat said:

Mugabe would be a step in the right direction.
    I’m still speculating ....

Yeah, he could appoint his wife as manager - she's got all the qualifications.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!