Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Parties can agree on a "done deal" then shake on things once it is known what division we will be in next season.

A similar situation to when Duchatelet took over.
  • Avid reader not poster but would love to know who is buying, Henry me too pretty please.
  • RedJohn said:

Avid reader not poster but would love to know who is buying, Henry me too pretty please.

I think you've been taken in by Henry's deflection. He's pretending he "knows" who the buyer is because he wants to put people off the scent. And the truth is that the real buyer is just finalising the last few elements of the purchase, to do with the sharing of real estate infrastructure and opening times. Because - and I'm surprised this hasn't leaked out yet - the buyer is the Museum.
  • Chizz said:

RedJohn said:

Avid reader not poster but would love to know who is buying, Henry me too pretty please.

I think you've been taken in by Henry's deflection. He's pretending he "knows" who the buyer is because he wants to put people off the scent. And the truth is that the real buyer is just finalising the last few elements of the purchase, to do with the sharing of real estate infrastructure and opening times. Because - and I'm surprised this hasn't leaked out yet - the buyer is the Museum.
    Yes, I've suspected this all along - a sort of 'management buyout'. Accumulating museum assets has been part of Henry's' master plan to, when the time was right, asset strip and use the proceeds to purchase the club. The Museum will relocate to the Millennium Suite (albeit with no or very few exhibits other than a historical perspective on the use of buttons in knitwear), and the Covered End/North Stand will be renamed the Henry Irving Stand.

Outrageous behaviour.
  • Chizz said:

RedJohn said:

last time I tell you anything in confidence @Chizz
  • bobmunro said:

Chizz said:

RedJohn said:

Yes, I've suspected this all along - a sort of 'management buyout'. Accumulating museum assets has been part of Henry's' master plan to, when the time was right, asset strip and use the proceeds to purchase the club. The Museum will relocate to the Millennium Suite (albeit with no or very few exhibits other than a historical perspective on the use of buttons in knitwear), and the Covered End/North Stand will be renamed the Henry Irving Stand.

Outrageous behaviour.
    The Trustees will run the club in their own way and the customers just have to accept that.

The museum's charity status will come in handy too with tax and VAT.

You'll be alright @bobmunro as you're a life long Friend of the Museum so you get a free season ticket
  • bobmunro said:

Chizz said:

RedJohn said:

Outrageous behaviour.
    The Trustees will run the club in their own way and the customers just have to accept that.

You'll be alright @bobmunro as you're a life long Friend of the Museum so you get a free season ticket
    In that case I'm all for it. Henry is our saviour.

Muir/Horse/Red Bull/Chinese/Russians/Arabs (delete as applicable) out.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Chizz said:

RedJohn said:

Outrageous behaviour.

In that case I'm all for it. Henry is our saviour.

Muir/Horse/Red Bull/Chinese/Russians/Arabs (delete as applicable) out.
    Not just me, all seven trustees are due credit, the Museum is a collective effort.

The merger with the Community Trust will be confirmed at the same time as the sale of the club.
  • @Henry Irving
    Can you confirm that Millwall will be sharing The Valley once the sale of the land and The New Den is complete .
    Can I suggest the renaming as “The Den at The Valley”
  • For all the terminal frustration of this or any takeover for that matter. Nothing is as ball achingly painful as the last minute shenanigans the team seem susceptible to of late.

Looking forward to the Belgian departing as soon as and as painfully for him as possible but this thread is dead to me. For my own mental health.
  • I lost a lot of interest in a/the takeover once the transfer window closed.
  • This thread is like crack. It's so compelling that people post about how much they don't take any notice of what's posted on it.
  • @Henry Irving
    Can you confirm that Millwall will be sharing The Valley once the sale of the land and The New Den is complete .

Not true.

There are no plans to ground share with Millwall.

Charlton will play at the 40K capacity Royal Greenwich Stadium that is to be built alongside the Thames Barrier. This will, as you'd expect from the museum, be on the site of East St where the club was formed so we will be going home.

The Valley will be handed over the Royal Greenwich and the Community Trust and become a community stadium with an 4G pitch so that it can be used 7 days a week. Blackheath Rugby Club will play there as will the women's side, local schools etc etc.
  • @Henry Irving

Not true.

There are no plans to ground share with Millwall.

Charlton will play at the 40K capacity Royal Greenwich Stadium that is to be built alongside the Thames Barrier. This will, as you'd expect from the museum, be on the site of East St where the club was formed so we will be going home.

The Valley will be handed over the Royal Greenwich and the Community Trust and become a community stadium with an 4G pitch so that it can be used 7 days a week. Blackheath Rugby Club will play there as will the women's side, local schools etc etc.
    Thanks for clarifying.

• Sponsored links:

• Now the thread has turned into a @Henry Irving and @Chizz love-in... does this thread have no morals?
  • Morals !! We don’t need no steenking morals.
  • Morals !! We don’t need no steenking morals.

Oh great...we’ve now started on the mushrooms. Have fun guys :0)
  • Can anyone let me know when this thread will contain something about RD selling up and the new owners?
  • ross1 said:

Can anyone let me know when this thread will contain something about RD selling up and the new owners?

It will be on the bite size thread soon.
  • This was the 1st post of the takeover thread.

432 pages ago.

Henry Irvings notifications must be mental
  • Dave2l said:

This was the 1st post of the takeover thread.

432 pages ago.

sure are but is that appreciated or recognised in anyway buy Admin?
  • Dave2l said:

This was the 1st post of the takeover thread.

432 pages ago.

Fixed that for you.

• Henry Irving, exit stage left.
  • Henry Irving, exit stage left.

Wasn’t that Snagglepuss?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!