Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I'm sorry, but how is a deal done if nothing's been signed or completed?

A gentlemen's agreement with a Man as unhinged as Duchatelet is a long way from crossing the line imo.
    Stating otherwise is a foolish stance to take.

If you have two separate sources telling you it's a done deal then I'm not sure what else Airman could've said.

Maybe the sources are getting ahead of themselves (sounds like the Aussies have multiple times through the process already) but it's a major positive IMO that similar noises are coming from other places now too.
    A cliché I know, but maybe wait until it's on the OS.
    But that's not how journalists work...
    People keep calling him a journo, he writes a poxy fanzine ffs hardly journalism is it.
    Journalism: the activity or profession of writing for newspapers, magazines, or news websites or preparing news to be broadcast.
  • Oggy Red said:

I'm sorry, but how is a deal done if nothing's been signed or completed?

A gentlemen's agreement with a Man as unhinged as Duchatelet is a long way from crossing the line imo.

If you have two separate sources telling you it's a done deal then I'm not sure what else Airman could've said.

Maybe the sources are getting ahead of themselves (sounds like the Aussies have multiple times through the process already) but it's a major positive IMO that similar noises are coming from other places now too.
    People keep calling him a journo, he writes a poxy fanzine ffs hardly journalism is it.
    Rick used to be a journo for the Mercury - and gave loads of coverage for the Return to The Valley.

He also used to be a ticket Bloke at charlton, you wouldn’t sit there calling him that.

Journalism: the activity or profession of writing for newspapers, magazines, or news websites or preparing news to be broadcast.
    Writing some little fanzine is equal to writing a blog ffs, isn’t journalism. The brown nosing is embaressing
  • Free the Airman seven .
  • Oggy Red said:

Rick used to be a journo for the Mercury - and gave loads of coverage for the Return to The Valley.

He also used to be a ticket Bloke at charlton, you wouldn’t sit there calling him that.

Writing some little fanzine is equal to writing a blog ffs, isn’t journalism. The brown nosing is embaressing
    It's absolutely not equal to writing a blog
    It is

You have a short memory or just didn't know about the local paper journalism and the professional football club where head of comms. Have a guess which club it was.

Personally, I think saying "done deal" was silly if for no other reason than that it has given ammunition to the pathetic band of haters like SE23.

"Deal agreed" would have been more accurate.

But we're all meant to be adults, not children waiting for Father Christmas.

We can make our own decisions and judgements on what is said by others.

If people feel let down then maybe they got too excited in the first place.
    I was once a sales assistant, doesn’t mean I still am now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Did Rick ever spill your pint ?

You have a short memory or just didn't know about the local paper journalism and the professional football club where head of comms. Have a guess which club it was.

Personally, I think saying "done deal" was silly if for no other reason than that it has given ammunition to the pathetic band of haters like SE23.

And that means what? If you won the lottery tonight and give up work do you lose all your electricans skills?

And that means what? If you won the lottery tonight and give up work do you lose all your electricans skills?
    No, but I wouldn’t be an electrician anymore.
  • #teamgreenie

Don’t you mean #teamgreenieplonker as old sourpuss would say :joy:
  • Can’t believe the cl elites would put out fake news about greenie junior so easily. He only started out with a small loan of a thousand likes from his father.

Sad.
  • The silly little fanzine that played a big part in getting back to The Valley ?
  • Sponsored links:

• In the absence of Roland this kind of thing shows we’ll always find something ridiculous to moan about. Disappointing that axes come out with us approaching the brightest spell for us in a number of years.

Live, love, laugh and be happy!
  • The silly little fanzine that played a big part in getting back to The Valley ?

I’m not putting down ricks part he played in the valley party etc, my point I was making was that when you have a platform that rick does where people hang off his every word, then you have to be more responsible with the information given, saying ‘done deal’ when it isn’t - and you know it isn’t - is poor form. If Richard Cawley done the same he’d get absolute pelters.

Saying ‘that’s not how journalism works’ or whatever don’t cut the mustard, it’s not like he’s breaking the news for a major national news outlet, he’s doing it for a fanzine. Without stating all facts sending charlton fans into histeria. If ‘Doucher’ had stated two points that airman has as a fact, then it turned out to be wrong, the same mob licking airman’s balloon not would be hanging doucher out to dry.
    And in my opinion Doucher and airman are no different, just some blokes who support charlton who claim to be in the know.

The rest was just me winding up the brown nosers ha
    Back track, back track

I’m not putting down ricks part he played in the valley party etc, my point I was making was that when you have a platform that rick does where people hang off his every word, then you have to be more responsible with the information given, saying ‘done deal’ when it isn’t - and you know it isn’t - is poor form. If Richard Cawley done the same he’d get absolute pelters.

Saying ‘that’s not how journalism works’ or whatever don’t cut the mustard, it’s not like he’s breaking the news for a major national news outlet, he’s doing it for a fanzine. Without stating all facts sending charlton fans into histeria. If ‘Doucher’ had stated two points that airman has as a fact, then it turned out to be wrong, the same mob licking airman’s balloon not would be hanging doucher out to dry.
    And in my opinion Doucher and airman are no different, just some blokes who support charlton who claim to be in the know.

Back track, back track
    No back tracking from me bossman
  • Oggy Red said:

It's absolutely not equal to writing a blog
    It is
    And is it equally to heading up the press team at a professional club?

Writing, editing and laying out a fanzine is far more demanding than writing a blog.
    Doesn’t really bother me what people want to call me, but the point is you can’t report for a local paper for ten years, be sports editor for five of them and set up and head a Premier League comms dept for five more without absorbing the culture and ethos of journalism.

Put it another way, most people could produce a blog but relatively few of them would be able to produce a fanzine to a professional standard lasting 141 issues over 30 years. To argue otherwise is silly.
    Advantage Everitt ... New balls please

What a hero.

I hate the internet
    I blame Twitter. Talk a load of shit and make yourself look like a tit, then claim victory with a couple of 'crying with laughter' emojis.

Back track, back track
    No back tracking from me bossman

The silly little fanzine that played a big part in getting back to The Valley ?

?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!