Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

One of the parties was at the club today. This has got at least another week to run.

Do you genuinely know who these people are RH?
    Yes he is foreign and very very wealthy.
    Like Roland??
    Good point.

Rick put aside the right or wrong information we all know that things are not done until it’s done and announced officially

If you were the new owners would you want a bloke who used to work at the club and runs a successful fanzine steal your thunder a bit or would respectfully hope that may be that person would wait and let you have your moment in the sun

I think regardless of whether the information leaks out and it’s astonishing if it doesn’t. Whoever takes over will get their “moment in the sun”. Of that I have no doubt.

This
  • I think they would give a shit they are bound to have a certain level of ego and if you have just put in 45 mil (alleged) and taken away a person fans feel is a monster of an owner you wouldn’t want it put out there by someone else
  • Shrew said:

Can the bitesize Takeover thread be just that please ?

Agree,. Start that thread to keep things "clean" and then becomes private joke thread.
    This
    That's twice I've looked at it lately and bugger all.

Time for a bitesize bitesize?
  • TEL said:

Its clear from what we have been told, something is happening.

Lets all chill out guys. The unifying thing here is we all want the best for our club.

Lets wait and see who they are......the enemy here is Duchatelet, not Rick, not Redhenry or any other itk individual

I can see that some peoples expectations have been a little let down by Imminent and done deal, etc, but anyone who has ever bought a business or been involved in a business take over knows that its not done until you sign on the dotted line and hand over the filthy lucre.

No need for witchhunts or finger pointing, we all just want the best for CAFC

Time for us to unify.

Shock rumour "Aussie based Charlton fan hints at name change to Charlton United,"

If it does turn out to be the Andrew Muir-led bid, at least, with his Essendon connections, he's unlikely to change the team name to "Carlton" and the colours to navy blue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shrew said:

Can the bitesize Takeover thread be just that please ?

Yeah, it's a fair cop.
  • Anyone who takes anything seriously on this thread is not proper Charlton.
  • I’m happy to be told what the likes of Red Henry and Airman know, it helps break up the monotony of my everyday existence. You have to remember though that Airman is a journalist and journos will instinctively sensationlise a story because is what they do.

The problem is not the info shared it’s the choice of language. “Imminent” when it was in fact months away and it was later admitted there was no idea what the timeline might be and then “done deal” when the deal was not done at all, just at a more advanced stage of negotiations, ironically probably what most us might call ‘imminent‘.

If you set yourself up as a source of information for people who are desperate for good news, you need to be careful about how you present that news or accept a bit of a disappointed backlash when reality doesn’t quite live up to the headlines.

That’s not quite right. The suggestion the takeover was “imminent” came from a credible source and the background detail was supported by multiple others - or I would have held off. In fact I toned the original version down, but I wasn’t cautious enough. Fact remains the activity was going on, despite the club denying it. It wasn’t a matter of me having no timeline and inventing one at all. A very specific timeline was given to me which turned out to be wrong - as indeed the piece I wrote on my site says it might. But people only remember what they choose.

As far as “done deal” is concerned, those are the words used by two separate sources to me. I accept they were not meant in the sense of paperwork signed and completed, but they were not conveying a stage of negotiation. That’s an interpretation which may be valid, but it’s not what the sources said. What they meant by it was that the deal is agreed and will now go through.
    From reading this, it’s clear that the ‘done deal’ is based on the fact that a deal that is at the moment verbal rather than on paper with T’s crossed etc!

A deal is done , but not on paper.... yet!
    Still nothing to be worried/downhearted about, it’s playing itself to the finish
  • edited February 2018

Hang him !

Sounds like Airman is in the Brown stuff.
  • Airman is innocent.

Expecting to see grafiti daubed on the walls of Floyd Road:

"Airman Brown is innocent, ok?"

• I'm sorry, but how is a deal done if nothing's been signed or completed?

A gentlemen's agreement with a Man as unhinged as Duchatelet is a long way from crossing the line imo.
    Stating otherwise is a foolish stance to take.
  • Sponsored links:

A gentlemen's agreement with a Man as unhinged as Duchatelet is a long way from crossing the line imo.

Regardless of if it on paper , if a deal has been agreed and arranged then that can only be a positive... the discrepancy between done deal and deal agreed with regards to Duchatelets reputation obviously puts peoples backs up , but to come to an agreement and ‘this far’ - id say it’s as good as done which @Airman Brown has more or less alluded to!
  • “Deal agreed and will now go through”

How do we reconcile this statement with the fact (?) that there are still two parties in the running. I’m probably being thick but I don’t get it.
  • edited February 2018

I'm sorry, but how is a deal done if nothing's been signed or completed?

If you have two separate sources telling you it's a done deal then I'm not sure what else Airman could've said.

Maybe the sources are getting ahead of themselves (sounds like the Aussies have multiple times through the process already) but it's a major positive IMO that similar noises are coming from other places now too.
  • “Deal agreed and will now go through”

How do we reconcile this statement with the fact (?) that there are still two parties in the running. I’m probably being thick but I don’t get it.

Maybe different sources are saying different things at the same time.

If you have two separate sources telling you it's a done deal then I'm not sure what else Airman could've said.

Maybe the sources are getting ahead of themselves (sounds like the Aussies have multiple times through the process already) but it's a major positive IMO that similar noises are coming from other places now too.
    A cliché I know, but maybe wait until it's on the OS.

But that's not how journalists work...
  • The only thing Airman done was leave a couple of question marks off the end,should of read

RED BULL DONE DEAL???

keep up the good work Airman and Redhenry your updates are fine by me

But that's not how journalists work...
    People keep calling him a journo, he writes a poxy fanzine ffs hardly journalism is it.

Oi! Cliche?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!