Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• How rich is our new Aussie owner?

Muir has at least £600m as of a few months ago.
    Does he want to spend it though because Roland had that much money
  • If indeed it is Andrew Muir as the new owner, I hope he has fellow backers. My understanding is that Mr. Muir is now retired and is somewhat of a philanthropist these days. I don’t see him wanting to waste a large portion of his hard earned dollars on a football club on the other side of the world to the extent that it revives our fortunes in the way that we want it to. Could be wrong of course. Maybe he really does want to throw money at us but I just hope he has rich friends in on the fun.

People like that don't retire.
  • How rich is our new Aussie owner?

Muir has at least £600m as of a few months ago.
    Does he want to spend it though because Roland had that much money
    We shall see I suppose...

...unless it's not actually him buying us.
  • If indeed it is Andrew Muir as the new owner, I hope he has fellow backers. My understanding is that Mr. Muir is now retired and is somewhat of a philanthropist these days. I don’t see him wanting to waste a large portion of his hard earned dollars on a football club on the other side of the world to the extent that it revives our fortunes in the way that we want it to. Could be wrong of course. Maybe he really does want to throw money at us but I just hope he has rich friends in on the fun.

Good point about wasting money, but he’s not exactly a hard nosed businessman on the face of it - he’s an philanthropist, he wants to help people and charities...

Alternatively it could be a ‘Muir family buyout’ which would mean him and his brother worth £800m collectively (and rising if/when they sell the rest of the business empire) taking over...
  • @Covered End sorry, not stumping up a fiver for a woosh but will buy you a drink if I make the cut at the next Trust AGM.

@RedChaser Do I know you in real life? And if not, why not?

@supaclive If it really is the Aussies, everything crossed that our old (rich) Addick pal Anthony Lapaglia is there or thereabouts.

Well I hope he’s not turning his hand to making a profit at football. We know that in the current football world that’s nigh on impossible.

• edited February 2018
    I know we had this problem before but there is almost nothing online about Andrew Muir aside from what's on his slightly outdated personal website

http://www.andrewmuir.com.au/
  • Sponsored links:

• @Weegie Addick I don't think our paths have crossed, Fanny knows who I am so she could point me out to you at an away game up north, should you be in her company.
  • RedChaser said:

@Weegie Addick I don't think our paths have crossed, Fanny knows who I am so she could point me out to you at an away game up north, should you be in her company.

I certainly look out for Fanny's red coat at northern away games in the hope of a chocolate finger or some other sweet treat...

I'll next be putting in an appearance at The Valley for the Shrews match and hoping for a BIG party! See you there?
  • The beer tastes better tonight!
  • Funny how all the other "ITK" posters have gone very quiet.
  • RedChaser said:

@Weegie Addick I don't think our paths have crossed, Fanny knows who I am so she could point me out to you at an away game up north, should you be in her company.

I certainly look out for Fanny's red coat at northern away games in the hope of a chocolate finger or some other sweet treat...

I'll next be putting in an appearance at The Valley for the Shrews match and hoping for a BIG party! See you there?
    Unfortunately I'll be away but there in spirit especially if the new owners are in situ. So next up for me is Donny, MK then Blackpool.
  • When can I buy Charlton shirts for the kids and be sure I’m not greasing the palm of Roland ?

You slightly disagreed with a comment I made on here once back in 2007 and I've held a grudge ever since and swore I'd get even. Therefore since your boycott I have been buying extra charlton shirts with

"Ooh Ah

Roly 100%"

printed on the back.

They go straight in the bin after I've paid but I'm satisfied because I've squared Roly up with your boycott deficit.

I even got Katrien to sign a few and praised her for our excellent away following numbers.

;-)
    I want to like and lol this one. Evil thing to even think about doing.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018

"Stand up if you got them out".

You’re on our Charlton photo wall.... I smile every time I look at that pic. You know what one I mean.

It’s next to Bristol City away in the cup.
    In fact it’s the wall of shame.
  • supaclive said:

Aussie Muir. £45m. Lots of hurdles like promotions etc to reach that value. Allegedly.

Hope you are right, re the hurdles. £45m scares the shite out of me otherwise.

Bollocks. £45m is a bargain for our wonderful club, and keeps Roland's investment in the red to boot. What's not to like :smiley:
  • I’ve just winced paying out for a week’s caravan in Devon.

Imagine having £45m to spend on a third tier football club that loses £5-10m a year???

The world is f***ing mad!!
  • edited February 2018
    Curb_It said:

You’re on our Charlton photo wall.... I smile every time I look at that pic. You know what one I mean.

No, I don't know, can you pm me, s'il vous plait ?
  • Might put my holiday booking on the bite size highlights...

You coming down to watch Argyle
  • Curb_It said:

No, I don't know, can you pm me, s'il vous plait ?
    Directors box protest. Some great snaps of you.

Glad to know I'm on @Curb_It's photo wall. That picture of @Tavern at Ashton Gate is an iconic Charlton 'photo.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!