Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Been a shitty twelve hour day in the big house, stress, aggression and despair aplenty so I stopped off on the way home for a bottle of Smirnoff. Settled down, opened CL, expecting this thread to have maybe 25 new Pot Noodle and horses wisecracks.......369 new posts! Shit got real. So instead of numbing my senses after a bastard day I’m five shots into a very positive place. Better yet I’m off tomorrow so I can keep up to speed with developments. And I’m off to Donnie on Saturday.

Life seems a little bit brighter than it did an hour ago.

I know what you mean, got an absolute arse of a day tomorrow coming up, if I get out on time and open up charlton life and the takeovers been announced and Roland has gone it would make my year.
  • Been a shitty twelve hour day in the big house, stress, aggression and despair aplenty so I stopped off on the way home for a bottle of Smirnoff. Settled down, opened CL, expecting this thread to have maybe 25 new Pot Noodle and horses wisecracks.......369 new posts! Shit got real. So instead of numbing my senses after a bastard day I’m five shots into a very positive place. Better yet I’m off tomorrow so I can keep up to speed with developments. And I’m off to Donnie on Saturday.

What's 'the big house'? I'm intrigued. Are you an MP?

That’s the trouble with drinking 5 shots of Smirnoff...you miss the word ‘not’ in the sentence ‘Charlton sale not going ahead’...
  • And I was right everytime at those points in time

I also said virtually everytime that we were closer to being sold than ever

Due to the fact that talks were on going

Wasnt it a day ago you said no bids/concrete offers had been made ?
  • And they hadn’t
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018
    Uboat said:

Been a shitty twelve hour day in the big house, stress, aggression and despair aplenty so I stopped off on the way home for a bottle of Smirnoff. Settled down, opened CL, expecting this thread to have maybe 25 new Pot Noodle and horses wisecracks.......369 new posts! Shit got real. So instead of numbing my senses after a bastard day I’m five shots into a very positive place. Better yet I’m off tomorrow so I can keep up to speed with developments. And I’m off to Donnie on Saturday.

What's 'the big house'? I'm intrigued. Are you an MP?
    Military Police? It's good and it's close but it's not right; Don't tell him AUN :wink:
  • And they hadn’t

What about now NLA? Same as Airman?
  • Never really been into all that religious stuff,but fuck me,in last couple days I've been proper practicing at it...ain't stopped praying for this to actually happen...!!!

This time Douchbag come on please,sell sell sell,go forth & just fuck off with the rest of your minions...Amen

Ps I have got no problems & nothing against the real minions by the way...!!

DENCH said:

If this goes through by the next home game there there should be a ‘stand up for the Charlton fans’. A welcome change from ‘stand up if you want them out’ ...

“We want Roland out” changed to “we got Roland out” is a chant I’ve wanted to sing for so so long
    “Them Belgian bastards, they’re out of our club”
  • Never really been into all that religious stuff,but fuck me,in last couple days I've been proper practicing at it...ain't stopped praying for this to actually happen...!!!

This time Douchbag come on please,sell sell sell,go forth & just fuck off with the rest of your minions...Amen

Ps I have got no problems & nothing against the real minions by the way...!!

DENCH said:

If this goes through by the next home game there there should be a ‘stand up for the Charlton fans’. A welcome change from ‘stand up if you want them out’ ...

“We want Roland out” changed to “we got Roland out” is a chant I’ve wanted to sing for so so long
    “Them Belgian bastards, they’re out of our club”
    I just look forward to being able to sing “we’ve got our Charlton back” when I return from the boycott!
  • How rich is our new Aussie owner?
  • What's the +F/H increase? Surely Floyd and Harvey weren't paid off to that extent? I know Meire did some bad deals, but really...?

The Valley and Sparrows Lane were revalued in the last a/cs with an £11M increase according to Airman.
    I recall it to be something like that, so assume he's correct.
    I seem to recall reading that in the accounts; something about a revised evaluation based upon a different accounting scheme?

I may have misunderstood things somewhat, but it left me with the distinct impression that although nothing tangible had changed, essentially a vast amount of money had been "magically" summoned and added on to the worth of the company. Which - although understandable - just seems crazy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Are we there yet ?
  • edited February 2018

How rich is our new Aussie owner?

Muir has at least £600m as of a few months ago.
  • LuckyReds said:

What's the +F/H increase? Surely Floyd and Harvey weren't paid off to that extent? I know Meire did some bad deals, but really...?

The Valley and Sparrows Lane were revalued in the last a/cs with an £11M increase according to Airman.
    I seem to recall reading that in the accounts; something about a revised evaluation based upon a different accounting scheme?

I may have misunderstood things somewhat, but it left me with the distinct impression that although nothing tangible had changed, essentially a vast amount of money had been "magically" summoned and added on to the worth of the company. Which - although understandable - just seems crazy.
    LuckyReds said:

What's the +F/H increase? Surely Floyd and Harvey weren't paid off to that extent? I know Meire did some bad deals, but really...?

Happens all the time though. When the company I work for converted from UK GAAP to IFRS a couple of years years, we had to revalue and then restate our fixed assets etc for crazy amounts.

Land can regularly be revalued, often at the request of auditors, to attain a true and fair value for the accounts.
  • How rich is our new Aussie owner?

So we should be able to afford a couple decent players in the summer then ;)

• LuckyReds said:

The accountants amongst us will provide chapter and verse on the current requirements for valuing property in the fixed assets on a balance sheet but in days gone by the annual revaluing of property for private limited companies was an unnecessary expense and their increased real value was treated as a hidden reserve which I suspect was the case here.

See you there, dear friend.
  • TelMc32 said:

How rich is our new Aussie owner?

£555m as of this afternoon...apparently!! :smile:
    £555... more like F555

See you there, dear friend.

Looking forward to a Fanny hug!

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!