Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• land value and turnover for starters
  • The other thing on the price.

Duchatelet bought when the company was distressed, despite what Seriously Deluded claimed at the time, and the spivs were desperate to get some money back and get the club off their hands.

So he paid less than he would have had the club been in good health financially.

£45m still seems too high though.

distressed is right. Evening Standard tonight says Jiminez and Cash have to pay back 3m to Khousori (sp) after he lent them 1.8m on the basis they owned the Club which neither did. Plus estimated 350k costs. Roland got it on the cheap, should have done DD instead of relying on Dozy Daisy.
  • lolwray said:

land value and turnover for starters

Worth remembering that the assets (land) were revalued upwards by £11m in 2016.
  • Does this mean I can take the faded CARD poster and B & W scarf out of my car rear window....finally?

the way i see it, it's a bit like me buying a car, crashing it a few times and selling it. surely it's not worth as much! Roland has done bloody well to recoup what he has, if the deal is accurate. Now only care what the plan is from the new owners and their short, medium term plans. Doubt they have a long-term and we'll probably be sold on to another buyer within 5 years!!

Mind you the "car" when he bought it was also pretty knackered.

Apart from the shabby stadium and quagmire of a pitch, many of the best players were in the final 6 months of their contract, and thus potentially able to leave for nothing
  • edited February 2018
    CAFCsayer said:

I am absolutely ecstatic... But let's not get things twisted, If Roland has got 45mil he has won. Its all well and good saying we won, but he has taken a club to the league below, ripped the heart out of it and sold it for 2.5x what he paid, while we languish in league 1 with 10k 9K? crowds.

Not sure he hasn't lost money overall though.

And real attendance more like 9K I reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

If it is true, then I'm hoping it means they really, really want to buy us and no one else and that they mean business.

I'm thinking that too. But can't help but think there's a sting in the tail....it seems to be too good to be true. I mean - if they are paying £45m then I'd like to think they have a fair few pennies in the bank to invest on the squad.

I'm maintaining calmness at the moment.....but there might be light at the end of the tunnel - let's just hope it's not a train
  • LouisMend said:

It'll be announced just after Charlton Live finishes tonight, just to piss off @LouisMend.

Nailed on. FACT. Same thing happened with Lee Novak’s departure four mins after the show ended and I was equally devastated.
    You're fine. 21st Feb for official sale date.
  • edited February 2018
    Curb_It said:

I'm going out with mates. And I'm not going to send Tavern down the Valley... last time I did that it was on a Thursday night I'm sure and the news about Zabeel had just broken. He ended up on Sky Sports news and it all went pear shaped after that.

Stay indoors love!

Hold on, there were a load of keyboard warriors spouting off the other day about a woman place, etc @Curb_It says she's going out and @Tavern is home in the warm and the response is nothing, zilch, nada.............. when you lot come out from behind your sofa's Auntie @Curb_It wants a friendly chat. ;)
  • Four more days I reckon. 12th Feb, nailed on.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Curb_It said:

If it is true, then I'm hoping it means they really, really want to buy us and no one else and that they mean business.

I'm thinking that too. But can't help but think there's a sting in the tail....it seems to be too good to be true. I mean - if they are paying £45m then I'd like to think they have a fair few pennies in the bank to invest on the squad.

I'm maintaining calmness at the moment.....but there might be light at the end of the tunnel - let's just hope it's not a train
    Better get some revised tenders in for the training ground @Swisdom and jack the price up a bit sounds like they're loaded :wink:
    Being involved in the development at SL, wouldn't Swisdom have a good idea of the future plans for the site under a new owner ?
  • lolwray said:

I'm always stunned by how little the land is worth
  • RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Curb_It said:

Better get some revised tenders in for the training ground @Swisdom and jack the price up a bit sounds like they're loaded :wink:
    Excellent thinking :smiley:

• RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Curb_It said:

Being involved in the development at SL, wouldn't Swisdom have a good idea of the future plans for the site under a new owner ?
    Mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed shit

• lolwray said:

Land without planning permission (and unlikely to get it) isn't anywhere near as valuable as land with.
  • RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Curb_It said:

@

RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Curb_It said:

@swisdom IS the new owner
  • RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Curb_It said:

Any other than trenches is an upgrade.
  • lolwray said:

It's land with a big f*ck off stadium on it.

It would be worth a hell of a lot more if it had planning permission for say housing development.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!