Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• It'll be interesting how much Wigan go for. A much better run club, and one much more likely to be promoted, but in a less desirable area of the country (economically) and a smaller potential fanbase
  • Is there a press conference scheduled for today?

Robinson already did his pre-match press conference earlier today...
  • Let's hope the owner(s) mean business if that's the correct price.
  • Interesting that Cawley hasn’t tweeted anything about a “done deal” yet
  • Happy to drive roly to the airport, if he is arsed to be in this country.
  • Sponsored links:

• It'll be interesting how much Wigan go for. A much better run club, and one much more likely to be promoted, but in a less desirable area of the country (economically) and a smaller potential fanbase

Agreed... Based on what you say (i.e. more likely to get promoted / better ran) though it raises the question:

Charlton or Wigan - Which club has the most potential

Its a difficult one because Wigan isn't an attractive part of the country yet is only down the road from Manchester; interestingly it only takes a few mins more to get into Manchester Piccadilly from Wigan than Charlton to Charing Cross.
  • CAFCsayer said:

I am absolutely ecstatic... But let's not get things twisted, If Roland has got 45mio he has won. Its all well and good saying we won, but he has taken a club to the league below, ripped the heart out of it and sold it for 2.5x what he paid, while we languish in league 1 with 10k crowds.

Depends what has happened to the debt
  • Plus on top of losses price he paid for the club four years ago was £18m.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be interested to know what the plans are of the £45m lads.

That’s a hell of a lot more money than clubs of similar stature to us have gone for recently
  • edited February 2018
    Does this mean I can take the faded CARD poster and B & W scarf out of my car rear window....finally?

the way i see it, it's a bit like me buying a car, crashing it a few times and selling it. surely it's not worth as much! Roland has done bloody well to recoup what he has, if the deal is accurate. Now only care what the plan is from the new owners and their short, medium term plans. Doubt they have a long-term and we'll probably be sold on to another buyer within 5 years!!

Agreed... Based on what you say (i.e. more likely to get promoted / better ran) though it raises the question:

Charlton or Wigan - Which club has the most potential

Its a difficult one because Wigan isn't an attractive part of the country yet is only down the road from Manchester; interestingly it only takes a few mins more to get into Manchester Piccadilly from Wigan than Charlton to Charing Cross.
    It's difficult to calculate the attractiveness of clubs, as most people historically in Wigan have tended to support the Manchester and Liverpool clubs I imagine, while our SE London home is also full of supporters of other London clubs (especially Arsenal)

Potentially our catchment area is a lot larger than that of Wigan though, Wigan has a population of 104k whereas the borough of Greenwich alone has 280k people, with faster growth too.
  • Tavern take no notice from "she who must be obeyed" I'll see you down The Valley later !!

The Burger Boy needs a hand packing his van
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!