Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• lolwray said:

land value and turnover for starters

Worth remembering that the assets (land) were revalued upwards by £11m in 2016.
    I'm always stunned by how little the land is worth
    Land without planning permission (and unlikely to get it) isn't anywhere near as valuable as land with.
    What if its land without planning permission, but full of gold bullion?
  • Party on the 18th it is!
  • RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Curb_It said:

If it is true, then I'm hoping it means they really, really want to buy us and no one else and that they mean business.

I'm thinking that too. But can't help but think there's a sting in the tail....it seems to be too good to be true. I mean - if they are paying £45m then I'd like to think they have a fair few pennies in the bank to invest on the squad.

I'm maintaining calmness at the moment.....but there might be light at the end of the tunnel - let's just hope it's not a train
    Better get some revised tenders in for the training ground @Swisdom and jack the price up a bit sounds like they're loaded :wink:
    Being involved in the development at SL, wouldn't Swisdom have a good idea of the future plans for the site under a new owner ?
    @

RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Curb_It said:

If it is true, then I'm hoping it means they really, really want to buy us and no one else and that they mean business.

I'm thinking that too. But can't help but think there's a sting in the tail....it seems to be too good to be true. I mean - if they are paying £45m then I'd like to think they have a fair few pennies in the bank to invest on the squad.

I'm maintaining calmness at the moment.....but there might be light at the end of the tunnel - let's just hope it's not a train
    Better get some revised tenders in for the training ground @Swisdom and jack the price up a bit sounds like they're loaded :wink:
    Being involved in the development at SL, wouldn't Swisdom have a good idea of the future plans for the site under a new owner ?
    @swisdom IS the new owner
    Sounds a bit iffy to me - IS?

Stay well clear, Swis.
  • If this goes through by the next home game there there should be a ‘stand up for the Charlton fans’. A welcome change from ‘stand up if you want them out’ ...
  • Must be some CARD money left for red and white stuff

That would be great. Half to charity and the other half on red a white balloons for a part celebration.

We love you Charlton we do.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it is a done deal it's a shambles it's been completed a week after the deadline

more like it
  • I wonder how many people have made "IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENED" GIFs in the hope of being the first to post it once the sale is confirmed? Will surely be the most liked post in CL history.
  • I wonder how many people have made "IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENED" GIFs in the hope of being the first to post it once the sale is confirmed? Will surely be the most liked post in CL history.

Henners is primed and ready - in a final, but alas I fear unfruitful, push to get a promote.

What's the record number of members online for CL? @AFKABartram
  • Got a horrible feeling that as his parting shot, Roland will sell to that horse that was rumoured to be interested.
  • Macronate said:

Got a horrible feeling that as his parting shot, Roland will sell to that horse that was rumoured to be interested.

The German one, or a horse of a different colour?

• Must be some CARD money left for red and white stuff

That would be great. Half to charity and the other half on red a white balloons for a part celebration.

We love you Charlton we do.
    BALLOONS!

YOU BIRD MURDERER
  • Sponsored links:

• The other thing on the price.

Duchatelet bought when the company was distressed, despite what Seriously Deluded claimed at the time, and the spivs were desperate to get some money back and get the club off their hands.

So he paid less than he would have had the club been in good health financially.

£45m still seems too high though.

Let's see where we are after the takeover.
  • RedChaser said:

The other thing on the price.

Duchatelet bought when the company was distressed, despite what Seriously Deluded claimed at the time, and the spivs were desperate to get some money back and get the club off their hands.

So he paid less than he would have had the club been in good health financially.

£45m still seems too high though.

Let's see where we are after the takeover.
    Kevin? Kevin? Why have you just hacked the Elf's accoiunt? :wink:
    Simples.
  • How does the £45 mil we are being bought for compare to other clubs which have been bought over the last few years..?
  • How does the £45 mil we are being bought for compare to other clubs which have been bought over the last few years..?

Same price as Wolves.
  • If £45M means he's completely gone with no retained interest in the ground or training ground then that's absolutely fine with me.

I do think you'd have to be pretty mad to spend that much on us though...
  • If they’re buying for £45 million they better have some money to spend and not spunked it up the wall giving it to duchatelet.

Same price as Wolves.
    Interesting. You’d have to be well financed to spend that on a league one club.

I hate RD..
  • If they’re buying for £45 million they better have some money to spend and not spunked it up the wall giving it to duchatelet.

I wouldn't give Duchatelet my last fiver let alone my last £45M!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!