Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• How do you *know* its not Red Bull?

Would you feel a bit of a twit if it was?

Also, aren't Red Bull's colours Red?

I don't. What I meant to say was I know people are say it it's not RB. And no their colours are white home and blue away.
    Actually Canters, my question was posed at Shooters.

Found out their home colours are White and Red, so not far off what we have had in bygone years.
    In the early 60’s a believe - with red shoulders. A trip to the museum should be able to confirm.
  • HarryLime said:

Maybe not a sign of a takeover, "imminent" or otherwise, but a sign of changing attitudes within the club.

The 60 page programme for tomorrow's game (and 60 pages tell us something too given Meire didn't want any programmes at all) features an article from the Supporters' Trust.

Yes, that's the Supporters' Trust that is part of CARD.

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
    He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;"

Glory Glory Hallelujah
    "And the Reds go marchin' on !"
  • According to a Belgian poster on another site, Roland mentioned on a minor chat show that he was busy selling all of his football clubs.

Any further details CE?
    Someone on not 606 said a Belgian poster (he is Belgian) had said it on the site we musn't mention.
  • sammy391 said:

According to a Belgian poster on another site, Roland mentioned on a minor chat show that he was busy selling all of his football clubs.

Where is that comment? Can’t see it on any forum
    Yes I've seen the same comment this morning, its on another forum which many of you know.
  • The question i have in my head is .....who desperate enough would have put in a bid for Magennis ?
  • Redrobo said:

How do you *know* its not Red Bull?

I don't. What I meant to say was I know people are say it it's not RB. And no their colours are white home and blue away.

Found out their home colours are White and Red, so not far off what we have had in bygone years.
    In the early 60’s a believe - with red shoulders. A trip to the museum should be able to confirm.
    Here you go;
  • Or am i on the wrong thread?
  • But at my back I always hear
    Time's wingèd Harriott hurrying near;
    And yonder all before us lie
    Deserts of vast Duchâtelie.

I'll get me coat...
  • Sponsored links:

• Or am i on the wrong thread?

You're ok... this is a "one thread fits all" these days
  • Has anyone considered that Red Bull might in fact be one of the bidders?

Sauce?
  • RedChaser said:

Redrobo said:

How do you *know* its not Red Bull?

Here you go;
    That’s it!
  • I could literally write anything here and 90% of people opening this thread will not read it as a) I am not Airman, B )I am not redhenry and C) this post won’t get likes or lols.

So many comments, so many people scanning through ignoring them.

I've read it.!
  • cfgs said:

I could literally write anything here and 90% of people opening this thread will not read it as a) I am not Airman, B )I am not redhenry and C) this post won’t get likes or lols.

I've read it.!
    I didn't
    Oh yes you did.
  • Oh no he didnt.
  • He's behind you.
  • edited February 2018
    This thread has degenerated from a serious take over thread to a panto - shows you how far we've come.
    Bit like the story of the take over really.
  • Sponsored links:

• I could literally write anything here and 90% of people opening this thread will not read it as a) I am not Airman, B ) I am not redhenry and C) this post won’t get likes or lols.

This is one of the post of the year IMHO. Isn't this the sort of post that 'promotes' were invented for?

[Sorry, having a new kitchen built has turned my house into a building site for the last two weeks, and it's driven me slightly crazy]

[Oh no it hasn't!]
  • Is the horse still one of the bidders or has he pulled out.

Fell at the last fence.

I heard he's part of a hedge fund.
  • Is the horse still one of the bidders or has he pulled up

Fixed that for you.

• How do you *know* its not Red Bull?

More a shitty brown.

He didn’t hang about furlong
  • I knew when I posted I'd get the usual response lol
  • I'm not ITK nor do I know anyone who is ITK. I don't think its RB as a few posters are adamant that its not, but just wanted to see why some fans have an aversion to changing th name of the Stadium and / or moving grounds. In the Premiership we have the Liberty Stadium, The Emirates & Sports Direct and 2 of those teams have also recently moved to brand new grounds & I don't see their fans moaning & saying " I wish we didn't have rich owners & were back in the 3rd tier of football so we could enjoy our ground being called the Vetch field"

If we do happen to get taken over by a very large conglomerate, get out of this crappy league & move 1 mile down the road to a 40,000 seater stadium I wont complain. You don't have to come along - you can spend you hard earned money at Welling, Dartford or Bromley.

Strange comment.

I believe you have been going long enough to know the importance of staying at The Valley.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!