Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I'm not ITK nor do I know anyone who is ITK. I don't think its RB as a few posters are adamant that its not, but just wanted to see why some fans have an aversion to changing th name of the Stadium and / or moving grounds. In the Premiership we have the Liberty Stadium, The Emirates & Sports Direct and 2 of those teams have also recently moved to brand new grounds & I don't see their fans moaning & saying " I wish we didn't have rich owners & were back in the 3rd tier of football so we could enjoy our ground being called the Vetch field"

If we do happen to get taken over by a very large conglomerate, get out of this crappy league & move 1 mile down the road to a 40,000 seater stadium I wont complain. You don't have to come along - you can spend you hard earned money at Welling, Dartford or Bromley.

Strange comment.

I believe you have been going long enough to know the importance of staying at The Valley.
    I realise neither option is necessarily inevitable but I’d rather leave The Valley if it means CAFC can thrive and prosper for the next 100 years than remain where we fester and die.

I’m not a Johnny come lately fan either.

• According to a Belgian poster on another site, Roland mentioned on a minor chat show that he was busy selling all of his football clubs.

I'll never complain about the quality of the guests on Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross again.
  • I don’t think I’d have a problem with a new stadium if it made sense.

If Sunley had said the Valley was a mess and it doesn’t make sense to try and fix it, we’re going to build a new stadium next door to Makros(or something similar), I’m sure we’d probably all have gone along with it.

But that was then, and there was land. Now that land is far more valuable as housing. I can’t see anyone doing more than adding to the Valley until we’re in the Champions League.
  • I'm not ITK nor do I know anyone who is ITK. I don't think its RB as a few posters are adamant that its not, but just wanted to see why some fans have an aversion to changing th name of the Stadium and / or moving grounds. In the Premiership we have the Liberty Stadium, The Emirates & Sports Direct and 2 of those teams have also recently moved to brand new grounds & I don't see their fans moaning & saying " I wish we didn't have rich owners & were back in the 3rd tier of football so we could enjoy our ground being called the Vetch field"

If we do happen to get taken over by a very large conglomerate, get out of this crappy league & move 1 mile down the road to a 40,000 seater stadium I wont complain. You don't have to come along - you can spend you hard earned money at Welling, Dartford or Bromley.

Strange comment.

I believe you have been going long enough to know the importance of staying at The Valley.
    I realise neither option is necessarily inevitable but I’d rather leave The Valley if it means CAFC can thrive and prosper for the next 100 years than remain where we fester and die.

We struggled to sell out games when we were last in the premier league, I do not think that we have the support to justify a 30,000+ seater stadium.

Consequently I do not see the need to move from The Valley.
    There we are discussing how RB Leipzigs avg attendance had gone from 2700 to over 40k in 8 years ,and you come on and say that !
  • According to a Belgian poster on another site, Roland mentioned on a minor chat show that he was busy selling all of his football clubs.

I'll never complain about the quality of the guests on Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross again.
    Come on CE, you cant just come on and say that and then disappear ! - makes it look like its a load of bollox.

Strange comment.

Even more fucking strange comment.

There is no importance of staying at The Valley other than to satisfy the dinosaur views of a few luddite supporters. And i've probably been going there longer than you have.
    What has you having been going longer than I have got to do with it? Assuming that you have of course.
  • Sponsored links:

Strange comment.

There is no importance of staying at The Valley other than to satisfy the dinosaur views of a few luddite supporters. And i've probably been going there longer than you have.
    What has you having been going longer than I have got to do with it? Assuming that you have of course.
    Because your original comment was ....

'I believe you have been going long enough to know the importance'
  • I've certainly been going for long enough to understand that we need to move on , progress - to shed this horrible fucking image of Lidl 'ol Charlton.

Strange comment.

We struggled to sell out games when we were last in the premier league, I do not think that we have the support to justify a 30,000+ seater stadium.

There we are discussing how RB Leipzigs avg attendance had gone from 2700 to over 40k in 8 years ,and you come on and say that !
    From both sides this is all purely hipothetical but I still stand by the fact we do not have the support.

Strange comment.

Wouldn't call it a "dinosaur view" . Too much of modern society is eroding the identity of things. Look at the threads on pubs and clubs for instance.

I want to "go down the Valley" , walk past the terrace housing, have a burger. Not go down the O2 for a Cafe Rouge then shuffle over to another identikit stadium.
    And watch Aldershot at home in front of 3k in the 4th tier with the likes of less than Magennis being played in front of you, while RB Millwall are playing Spurs down the road. How fucking insane is that ?!

No thanks.

Strange comment.

From both sides this is all purely hipothetical but I still stand by the fact we do not have the support.

Your view - which i accept , but RB Leipzig have proved that wont be the case.

Strange comment.

You may have accepted but lol'd it as well.

I lol'd inwardly with your comment that you may have been attending The Valley longer than me. Whatever that has to do with anything I do not know.
  • i tell you something, if RB take over Millwall and move them to the Peninsular, then we are dead. Dead as a fucking dodo.
  • Full of plastic fans, like the palice ultras.
    No I don't want my Charlton to be that.
  • Sponsored links:

Strange comment.

You may have accepted but lol'd it as well.

I lol'd inwardly with your comment that you may have been attending The Valley longer than me. Whatever that has to do with anything I do not know.
    I've removed the lol.
    I've already explained the comment about attending the Valley at 9.48 pm.
  • Just back from a from a few beers, the 100+ posts is enough to get me interested. Only to find it is mostly The_President and ElfsborgAddick waffling on to one and other.
  • PopIcon said:

Just back from a from a few beers, the 100+ posts is enough to get me interested. Only to find it is mostly The_President and ElfsborgAddick waffling on to one and other.

Waffle, how dare you call it waffle !!! :)

Strange comment.

Because your original comment was ....

'I believe you have been going long enough to know the importance'
    Cannot see where the problem was in that line.
  • i tell you something, if RB take over Millwall and move them to the Peninsular, then we are dead. Dead as a fucking dodo.

This is the most important comment that you dinosaurs need to think about.

If RB were to take over Millwall and take them to The Peninsular, then we are kaput,finished,dead parrot,dead as a fucking dodo.
    There'll be no Valley or anything whatsoever then. CAFC will be consigned to the football scrap heap.

• https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Red_Bull_Salzburg

I would not be too happy if we ended up like this mob.
  • I would imagine the fans of Brighton and Burnley are very happy with the way the clubs have progressed with ambitious English based boards.

• https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Red_Bull_Salzburg

I would not be too happy if we ended up like this mob.

No, you're right Elfs, Salzburg have been in Europe virtually every year since RB took them over and have won the Austrian title many times.
    We wouldnt want to be like that would we ???!!!!! , i mean successful , fuck me, no way, we dont like that, success !!,we'd rather watch fucking Rochdale on a wet tuesday evening so that i can sit in the Lib and have a pint of Light and Bitter and then catch last bus 'ome - i'm starting to talk to myself in a MIchael Palin accent now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!