Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• cafc-west said:

DA9 said:

Robinson said that he, Gallen and Murray I believe, all convened at the o2 on Wednesday, so it’s FACT we are moving to the peninsula, irrefutable and glaringly obvious.

I heard something yesterday, but then again I was walking through Berkeley Square.

Wibble

Was it a Nightingale...?
    I’m really tempted to give you a whoosh

• RedChaser said:

But has anyone considered that new owners might try to move us to the peninsula?? What then??!

I'm shocked this hasn't been brought up before.

I have a feeling RB might want to change our badge as well.

Can anyone investigate?
    Wow, slow down there. Where are you getting this stuff from?

You'll be saying no one has done due diligence and nothing is happening next.
    We could discuss RD's asking price, that would be new and exciting.
    Only after what school you went to, is Brexit a good idea and the impact of selling Scott Parker; three topics everyone on CL seems to dodge.
    Never mind Scott Parker. I’m still fuming about Len Glover.
    Never mind Len Glover, the loss of Marvin Hinton, Billy Bonds and Mike Bailey did my nut in and the youngsters of today think they've had a raw deal :wink: .
    Exactly, and you only found out when the Evening Standard came out or Thursdays edition of the Kentish Independent. None of this social fucking media, forums or transfer deadline day bollocks. :smile:
    That's an interesting thought, as we're so used to "ball by ball commentary" about everything that happens nowadays. I remember being gutted when we finally sold Robert Lee to Newcastle, but have no recollections of how I found out. Probably on ceefax!
  • But has anyone considered that new owners might try to move us to the peninsula?? What then??!

Can anyone investigate?

Only after what school you went to, is Brexit a good idea and the impact of selling Scott Parker; three topics everyone on CL seems to dodge.
    I see your Len Glover and raise you Scotty Kingsley
    You got me. Was he our first ever sale ?

You clearly have not visited the museum. Info just on right as you go through the door.
  • RedChaser said:

But has anyone considered that new owners might try to move us to the peninsula?? What then??!

Can anyone investigate?

Never mind Len Glover, the loss of Marvin Hinton, Billy Bonds and Mike Bailey did my nut in and the youngsters of today think they've had a raw deal :wink: .
    Exactly, and you only found out when the Evening Standard came out or Thursdays edition of the Kentish Independent. None of this social fucking media, forums or transfer deadline day bollocks. :smile:
    That's an interesting thought, as we're so used to "ball by ball commentary" about everything that happens nowadays. I remember being gutted when we finally sold Robert Lee to Newcastle, but have no recollections of how I found out. Probably on ceefax!
    I found out we had sold Derek Hales for the first time when my dad came home with the evening standard. I sulked all evening.
  • Wine did you say, it's a yes from me.
  • Maybe not a sign of a takeover, "imminent" or otherwise, but a sign of changing attitudes within the club.

The 60 page programme for tomorrow's game (and 60 pages tell us something too given Meire didn't want any programmes at all) features an article from the Supporters' Trust.

Yes, that's the Supporters' Trust that is part of CARD.

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
    He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;"

Glory Glory Hallelujah
  • JamesSeed said:

There's progress at The Valley without Katrien's bullshit spreading over everything.

Fixed
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

cafc-west said:

So...anyone else back to scanning for comments from @Airman Brown and @Redhenry ??

I scan for posts from @3blokes
    Oi, oi does Mr A know about this :wink: .

Is this termed as "reverse stalking"
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Croydon said:

.I really, really dont get the negativity about RB - only Charlton fans wouldn't want loads of money thrown at its club.Its just stupidity gone mad.

So, lets say its a choice of 2 - RB or RD, you'd choose RD ?? !
    As someone said earlier, ...good luck. Coz if its RB i would jump with joy - if its RD then , thats it, i'm off- you can all have your home games v Woking at The Valley in front of 3k - instead pf possibly Spurs at The Peninsular in front of 40k. its just laughable. Its like the fans on here who weren't bothered that we didnt play Spurs at Wembley this season - effing fruitcakes all of you.

They can call us what they like, RB London as far as i'm concerned - i will still know our heritage- and it will still be my club.

There is no future under RD - he is destroying us.It will eventually be a dead parrot club with The Valley looking like what Highbury looks like now.

Firstly, I don't think it's gonna be RB so this is all irrelevant but I want to reply for arguments sake.

Secondly I'm following on from your post Pres but this isn't aimed specifically at you. Most of the questions are rhetorical so please don't think I'm having a go at you.

Look at RB Leipzig, most of the fans who supported before RB turned up no longer go. The club refuse to admit that there was a club before they took over. All history books have been erased. They've brought success but at too great a cost for many. And that's despite the German rules on fan ownership etc. Which are far more stringent than anything our woeful FA would try. You think they wouldn't find a way round the FA rules? They would. And too many fans would back them on the hope of success that it couldn't be stopped.

Fuck the Premier league, and fuck their money. Fuck their attitude of corporation and brand above the fans. Fuck modern football.
    When RB took over Leipzig in 2009, they had average attendances of 2,150
    In 2017 that was 41,404.

How many of the original fans dont now go ?
    Most of them, as I said it's an entirely different club. It's been well publicised the long standing fans that dont go.

The point still stands as do all my other points.
    Clearly its an entirely different club, from a club that had average attendances of 2,150 8 years ago to a club that has avg attendances now of over 40 thousand !.

Hardly a failing model i would suggest.
    Genuine question here Pres, Why did you go to Belgium to protest? Was the decision merely based on league position?

I don't get how someone who has done so much to fight for Charlton Athletic would be happy to watch Red Bull London play in blue on the peninsular. Because if that's the case, what exactly were you fighting to protect?
    Scaremongering but for what purpose??
    RB London???- who's to say it wouldn't be RB Charlton? That said , the FA don't allow name changes of this type
    Playing in blue?? WTF! Don't NY Reds Bulls wear red & white
    On the peninsula??- that's been considered a non starter a million times on this thread

Not that I believe they are but if Red Bull were looking to buy a club I'd be gutted if they chose someone else
    Why on earth would it be red bull charlton? Red bull London has a more internationally renowned name.
  • edited February 2018
    Taxi_Lad said:

Croydon said:

.I really, really dont get the negativity about RB - only Charlton fans wouldn't want loads of money thrown at its club.Its just stupidity gone mad.

So, lets say its a choice of 2 - RB or RD, you'd choose RD ?? !
    As someone said earlier, ...good luck. Coz if its RB i would jump with joy - if its RD then , thats it, i'm off- you can all have your home games v Woking at The Valley in front of 3k - instead pf possibly Spurs at The Peninsular in front of 40k. its just laughable. Its like the fans on here who weren't bothered that we didnt play Spurs at Wembley this season - effing fruitcakes all of you.

They can call us what they like, RB London as far as i'm concerned - i will still know our heritage- and it will still be my club.

There is no future under RD - he is destroying us.It will eventually be a dead parrot club with The Valley looking like what Highbury looks like now.

Firstly, I don't think it's gonna be RB so this is all irrelevant but I want to reply for arguments sake.

Secondly I'm following on from your post Pres but this isn't aimed specifically at you. Most of the questions are rhetorical so please don't think I'm having a go at you.

Look at RB Leipzig, most of the fans who supported before RB turned up no longer go. The club refuse to admit that there was a club before they took over. All history books have been erased. They've brought success but at too great a cost for many. And that's despite the German rules on fan ownership etc. Which are far more stringent than anything our woeful FA would try. You think they wouldn't find a way round the FA rules? They would. And too many fans would back them on the hope of success that it couldn't be stopped.

Fuck the Premier league, and fuck their money. Fuck their attitude of corporation and brand above the fans. Fuck modern football.
    When RB took over Leipzig in 2009, they had average attendances of 2,150
    In 2017 that was 41,404.

How many of the original fans dont now go ?
    Most of them, as I said it's an entirely different club. It's been well publicised the long standing fans that dont go.

The point still stands as do all my other points.
    Clearly its an entirely different club, from a club that had average attendances of 2,150 8 years ago to a club that has avg attendances now of over 40 thousand !.

Hardly a failing model i would suggest.
    Genuine question here Pres, Why did you go to Belgium to protest? Was the decision merely based on league position?

I don't get how someone who has done so much to fight for Charlton Athletic would be happy to watch Red Bull London play in blue on the peninsular. Because if that's the case, what exactly were you fighting to protect?
    Scaremongering but for what purpose??
    RB London???- who's to say it wouldn't be RB Charlton? That said , the FA don't allow name changes of this type
    Playing in blue?? WTF! Don't NY Reds Bulls wear red & white
    On the peninsula??- that's been considered a non starter a million times on this thread

Not that I believe they are but if Red Bull were looking to buy a club I'd be gutted if they chose someone else
    It'd be London because they use the city name.

All red bull teams wear White and Red. as home kit and Blue and Red away kits I think?

They wouldn't move us as we are in a good enough location where we are that could be developed still.
  • It’s not Red Bull Harrison, it’s New York red bulls, it’s not red bull Sachsen it’s rb Leipzig.

If you think red bull would keep the charlton name you’re deluded.
  • edited February 2018

It’s not fucking Red Bull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wish for the Cloths of Heaven
    Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
    Enwrought with golden and silver light,
    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
    Of night and light and the half-light,
    I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread upon my dreams.

Don't crush the dream that comes with wings!
  • edited February 2018

Separate 'It's not Red Bull thread?'
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s not fucking Red Bull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's CL Shooters... more tangents than a trigonometry book. More waffle than a waffle factory. More red herrings than the north sea...
    Ah but, you chose to use the phrase 'red herring'. Very telling in my book.
  • edited February 2018

Have you tossers not read the previous 383 pages of this thread. RB were an unsubstantiated rumour A YEAR AGO that some tosser has retweeted. None of the ITK posters are aware that their involvement is anything than utter bollocks. Stop wasting our time. MOVE ON!!!!
  • edited February 2018

Have you tossers not read the previous 383 pages of this thread. RB were an unsubstantiated rumour A YEAR AGO that some tosser has retweeted. None of the ITK posters are aware that their involvement is anything than utter bollocks. Stop wasting our time. MOVE ON!!!!
    You wish for the Cloths of Heaven
    Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
    Enwrought with golden and silver light,
    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
    Of night and light and the half-light,
    I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread upon my dreams.

Don't crush the dream that comes with wings!
  • Macronate said:

Red faced bull:

Quality
  • edited February 2018
    So much for your promises
    They died the day you let me go
    Caught up in a web of lies
    But it was just too late to know
    I thought it was you
    Who would stand by my side.....
  • edited February 2018

I'm getting a major feeling of déjà vu

That's what you said before.
    What, again?
  • edited February 2018

IMHO, the only valid discussion regarding Red Bull is to try to fathom how come billions of people around the world are drinking the foul piss.

It's fine 2:1 with gin and plenty of ice. Thorough intoxication without troublesome fatigue. Turns beer goggles into some sort of kaleidoscope but that's no bad thing when it comes to legging it before sunrise.

IMHO, the only valid discussion regarding Red Bull is to try to fathom how come billions of people around the world are drinking the foul piss.

Just the smell of it makes me want to throw up. Specially on the train at 06:30 in the morning
    If you're drinking it on the train at 6:30am it's not the RB that's making you nauseous. Try a jasmine tea.

• It’s not fucking Red Bull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone hasn’t had his afternoon nap ... me grumpy
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!