Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Don't know why anyone would want to leave the Valley and watch football in a soulless bowl near the O2. Anyone been to the Olympic stadium/emirates etc. its crap.
  • What does shay given think?

Has Hayden Mullins signed yet?

Has curbs taken us as far as he can?
  • Don't know why anyone would want to leave the Valley and watch football in a soulless bowl near the O2. Anyone been to the Olympic stadium/emirates etc. its crap.

Just easier to access though North Greenwich. Can get there from waterloo etc easily enough and from other areas of London a lot easier than getting to charlton station.
  • edited February 2018
    I'm cool with John Lewis taking us over as long as I get a free coffee with my half time pie and chips.

• 500 posts on fucking Red Bull who are not even looking to buy Charlton. Let’s try another 500 on the prospect of John Lewis buying us or perhaps Crayford Metals.

Ffs.

This will look very silly when our new Austrian owners are unveiled on the pitch at half time tomorrow.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Davo55 said:

Well said @cantersaddick. Spot on.

The protests are not and never have been about results on the pitch.

Think you're kidding yourself! If results had been good then everything else would have been perceived to be run well and there would have been no protests
    If we were selling our best players to balance the books but were a top 6 championship team, no-one would bat an eyelid at what Roland had done. It's entirely what happened on the pitch that led us to this moment. Football fans are fickle as fuck, and at the end of the day we all just want our team to be successful
  • Sponsored links:

But supporters do don't they? Man City, Arsenal and West Ham are all getting good attendances after moving stadiums. What's the common denominator? Premier league football.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Davo55 said:

Think you're kidding yourself! If results had been good then everything else would have been perceived to be run well and there would have been no protests
    sam3110 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Davo55 said:

If we were selling our best players to balance the books but were a top 6 championship team, no-one would bat an eyelid at what Roland had done. It's entirely what happened on the pitch that led us to this moment. Football fans are fickle as fuck, and at the end of the day we all just want our team to be successful
    Disagree entirely. If things were all fine on the pitch then things would have had to have been different off the pitch. There is no way that off the pitch setup could ever bring success. Of the only problem was Miere making the odd stupid comment then that could have been ignored. But the whole setup was wrong from top to bottom. Results could have only gone one way.

If results were better then it would have meant they hadn't taken that approach therefore we wouldn't be protesting about their approach.
    Exactly!!
  • But has anyone considered that new owners might try to move us to the peninsula?? What then??!

I'm shocked this hasn't been brought up before.

I have a feeling RB might want to change our badge as well.

Can anyone investigate?
    Wow, slow down there. Where are you getting this stuff from?

You'll be saying no one has done due diligence and nothing is happening next.
    We could discuss RD's asking price, that would be new and exciting.
    Only after what school you went to, is Brexit a good idea and the impact of selling Scott Parker; three topics everyone on CL seems to dodge.
    Never mind Scott Parker. I’m still fuming about Len Glover.
    I see your Len Glover and raise you Scotty Kingsley
    You got me. Was he our first ever sale ?

Sold to pay our debts in 1921/2
    How did that make you feel Henners ?

• Nug said:

sam3110 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Davo55 said:

This "if we were successful no would would of protest" is a moot point though because the way they ran the club was never going to produce success on the pitch and anyone with half a brain could see that after a few months. The way they ran the business was shit and the football ended up shit you can't separate the two, as much as people would like to.
    It that's not what is being said. @Davo55 said the protests were never about results but although we all agree RDs fuckwit strategy was doomed to fail from the start, if he'd managed to fluke it, there would have been no appetite for a protest movement.
  • edited February 2018

But has anyone considered that new owners might try to move us to the peninsula?? What then??!

Can anyone investigate?

Only after what school you went to, is Brexit a good idea and the impact of selling Scott Parker; three topics everyone on CL seems to dodge.

I think he played Ghandi in a film, the name of which escapes me!
    Apparently I have a ticket for the football for a fiver. Am I........
    A) a tight b@st@rd?
    B ) In the know, re: the takeover?
    C) Popping in to help our Tone pack his best china tea service and bid him a tearful farewell?
    D) A hypocrite, if they are still here?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Nug said:

sam3110 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Davo55 said:

This "if we were successful no would would of protest" is a moot point though because the way they ran the club was never going to produce success on the pitch and anyone with half a brain could see that after a few months. The way they ran the business was shit and the football ended up shit you can't separate the two, as much as people would like to.
    It that's not what is being said. @Davo55 said the protests were never about results but although we all agree RDs fuckwit strategy was doomed to fail from the start, if he'd managed to fluke it, there would have been no appetite for a protest movement.
    That's not what is being said. There was no chance of it working for more than a month or so. The entire setup was flawed. There was no way it could have happened. No way at all.

As I said above the only way results could have been different is if everything they did off the pitch was changed. And if that was the case they woukd be running the club properly and there would be no need to protest.

The two are intrinsically linked. There is no way to separate the way they ran the club and results.
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:

But has anyone considered that new owners might try to move us to the peninsula?? What then??!

Can anyone investigate?

I think he played Ghandi in a film, the name of which escapes me!
    Apparently I have a ticket for the football for a fiver. Am I........
    A) a tight b@st@rd?
    B ) In the know, re: the takeover?
    C) Popping in to help our Tone pack his best china tea service and bid him a tearful farewell?
    D) A hypocrite, if they are still here?
    That's easy @TCE.........it's A (with a little bit of C for good measure)
  • Being told that as well as the John Lewis interest, there is a new consoritum backed by an Australian by the name of John Lewis
  • So .......................................... still no definite news yet, then !
  • cafc-west said:

So...anyone else back to scanning for comments from @Airman Brown and @Redhenry ??

Yep. Especially after 150 new posts for the first time in what feels like weeks.

I’d do my pre-match drinking in the O2
    Good luck with that, you'd probably only be able to get to the bar once. It's murder in there with only 2 bars.
  • cafc-west said:

So...anyone else back to scanning for comments from @Airman Brown and @Redhenry ??

I scan for posts from @3blokes
  • I’m going to start a different thread only for Airman or Red Henry. So only they can post on it. Also I might include the Australians. Redbull Muir and now John Lewis.
  • Being told that as well as the John Lewis interest, there is a new consoritum backed by an Australian by the name of John Lewis

You surely mean Johno Lewis
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!