Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• How tall are Australians?

Unaturally so....
  • Danepak said:

IMHO, the only valid discussion regarding Red Bull is to try to fathom how come billions of people around the world are drinking the foul piss.

All Fosters drinkers as well.
    Hardly anyone drink Fosters in Australia.

From Wikipedia: Notably, while Foster's Group owns many of these brands, Foster's Lager itself is not considered a local drink anywhere in Australia.
    and they couldnt give a xxxx for 4X either.
  • It'll be a British consortium. Maybe.
  • If we are to be taken over by red bull then I think we will be adopting one of our neighbours infamous songs. Altogether now “ No one likes is...”
  • But has anyone considered that new owners might try to move us to the peninsula?? What then??!

But has anyone considered that new owners might try to move us to the peninsula?? What then??!

I’d do my pre-match drinking in the O2
  • Sponsored links:

• 3blokes said:

I’ve heard, apparently, this thread can now be seen from outer space..

Brilliantly funny. To someone who has read every post on this sodding thread, I think you have nailed the scale of it now 3 Blokes
    I wish I'd read every post on this sodding thread.
  • Someone earlier mentioned building luxury flats on the valley, I wonder if they've ever been to Charlton. :open_mouth:

Buy in Charlton Village.

Seriously.
  • 500 posts on fucking Red Bull who are not even looking to buy Charlton. Let’s try another 500 on the prospect of John Lewis buying us or perhaps Crayford Metals.

Ffs.

bad new if John Lewis take over

"never knowingly undersold"

So all our kids flogged off cheap
  • 500 posts on fucking Red Bull who are not even looking to buy Charlton. Let’s try another 500 on the prospect of John Lewis buying us or perhaps Crayford Metals.

Ffs.

Source?
  • But has anyone considered that new owners might try to move us to the peninsula?? What then??!

I'm shocked this hasn't been brought up before.

I have a feeling RB might want to change our badge as well.

Can anyone investigate?
    No land left now? Presumed it had been allocated (for apartments).

Can anyone investigate?
    Wow, slow down there. Where are you getting this stuff from?

You'll be saying no one has done due diligence and nothing is happening next.

Can anyone investigate?

We could discuss RD's asking price, that would be new and exciting.
  • edited February 2018

But has anyone considered that new owners might try to move us to the peninsula?? What then??!

Can anyone investigate?

Only after what school you went to, is Brexit a good idea and the impact of selling Scott Parker; three topics everyone on CL seems to dodge.
  • Sponsored links:

Can anyone investigate?

Only after what school you went to, is Brexit a good idea and the impact of selling Scott Parker; three topics everyone on CL seems to dodge.
    Never mind Scott Parker. I’m still fuming about Len Glover.
  • edited February 2018
    To a point I get that “RB Charlton” would be an uncomfortable proposition. Leipzig and NewYork are very gaudy very ‘new money’. Red Bull has been ploughing millions into motorsport in UK for years without any obvious return. Similarly RB’s involvement in football thus far has been in long term projects, they’re certainly not after a quick buck and hardly interested in swapping a residential development for a football stadium a few miles away. Charlton’s fans have 3 decades of history as the most awkward vocal and effective guardians of what we hold dear. I don’t believe RB would disregard that. I’d be much less concerned by the brash branding foibles of RB than the uncertain funding and experience credentials of some antipodean soccer project with an ex grocer mate. As fans we can certainly influence kits, colour schemes, branding; we’re less well armed when it comes to monthly budgets that run to mi££ions. On the naming thing for example we should take more from the Hull City experience than the MK footnote. Life with RB would be stimulating for sure but come with much much less uncertainty.
    The move to the peninsula has been considered and evaluated for 20 years at least, initially for worthy reasons but latterly by shits like jimenez and roly.
    That dodger bloke on twatter must be delighted his WU is getting so much chatter

Can anyone investigate?

I see your Len Glover and raise you Scotty Kingsley
  • If the ground was owned by the club and would be an obvious improvement on the valley (much higher capacity etc) then I’d definitely be up for the club moving to the peninsular. However we can hardly half fill the valley at the moment.

Can anyone investigate?

You got me. Was he our first ever sale ?

• If the ground was owned by the club and would be an obvious improvement on the valley (much higher capacity etc) then I’d definitely be up for the club moving to the peninsular. However we can hardly half fill the valley at the moment.

We could hardly fill one stand at the moment.

Can anyone investigate?

You got me. Was he our first ever sale ?

Sold to pay our debts in 1921/2
  • edited February 2018

If the ground was owned by the club and would be an obvious improvement on the valley (much higher capacity etc) then I’d definitely be up for the club moving to the peninsular. However we can hardly half fill the valley at the moment.

The Millwall merger will help with the crowd numbers :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!