Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• _MrDick said:

It’s not fucking Red Bull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone hasn’t had his afternoon nap ... me grumpy
    Funny enough I have

• But has anyone considered that new owners might try to move us to the peninsula?? What then??!

I'm shocked this hasn't been brought up before.

I have a feeling RB might want to change our badge as well.

Can anyone investigate?
    Wow, slow down there. Where are you getting this stuff from?

You'll be saying no one has done due diligence and nothing is happening next.
    We could discuss RD's asking price, that would be new and exciting.
    Only after what school you went to, is Brexit a good idea and the impact of selling Scott Parker; three topics everyone on CL seems to dodge.
    Never mind Scott Parker. I’m still fuming about Len Glover.
    I see your Len Glover and raise you Scotty Kingsley
    You got me. Was he our first ever sale ?

Sold to pay our debts in 1921/2
    I think @blackpool72 was the agent that sorted that deal.
    Admin I am being bullied.
    Admin, can you delete all of Otto's lols and likes as punishment?
  • edited February 2018

Summary 2.2.18

Richard Murray spoke to staff members in the days before the Walsall game and told them that there is a "preferred bidder" and the takeover may come in February. The term "Preferred bidder" wasn't explained and could be someone has exclusive legal rights to take a deal forward or just someone Roland (or Murray) would rather buy the club.

RM then meet with the Supporters' Trust/CARD on the day of the Walsall game and told them that two parties had completed due dilligence but one was ahead of the other. RM didn't use the term "preferred bidder to CAST/CARD.

Still no confirmation on who these parties are although strongest rumours suggest that they could include:

An bid including Australian Andrew Muir (which is not the same as the AFC consortium who were mentioned back in April 2017 when this thread started)

A bid fronted by Donald Muir (no relation) and Alex McLeish, who's backers are unknown but some suggest they are South African and others British.

@redhenry has said there were four interested parties but this week cut this to three. We don't know who these parties are.

@Airman Brown appears to have some new information but you may have to buy VOTV tomorrow to find out (or read a version on here). His mood some optimistic and he hinted on twitter that it is the Australians who are ahead at the moment.

Richard Murray spoke to staff again this week, this time at the training ground. The SLP reported that he told staff that there "COULD BE" a deal in February but that timescales could shift.

@nth london addick states that no formal offer or offers have been made.

There is absolutely no, repeat NO, evidence that Red Bull are involved.

The transfer window saw no sale of Konsa but also no purchase of any new players. Three players joined on loan. This can, and has, been interpreted as meaning both that a sale is close and that a sale is a long way off. Robinson confirmed that Duchatelet had final sign off on deals on deadline days and rejected bids for Magennis and possibly Fosu and Konsa.

Cheers for this Henry, this is really helpful.

My personal interpretation of not selling players is thus:
    1) We set a price for Konsa and we stuck to it. To be fair to RD/KM, they did the same with Lookman, and I think got good value in the end for him (this was not the case in the past). Credit to RD, RM, Karl, and Steve Gallen for presumably doing the same here. And credit to Konsa for not agitating for a move.

2) The Magennis offer came in very late. I'm not sure we would have been able to resist a bid for him a couple days earlier. But the bid was rumored around something like 6pm. I suspect just logistically, that was easier to turn down. Potentially the same for Fosu. And I suspect we've set a valuation with Fosu as well.

3) This is the most important one: I believe there wasn't a fire sale this month at least in part because a party or parties are now watching the books. I don't know if a takeover is close, but I do believe this eye on things helped prevent Roland from asset stripping. Hopefully any interested parties made it clear to him that if any players were sold, that would reduce their asking price.

Again, due diligence and actually getting these deals over the line can be a long way apart. But I feel like there is enough scrutiny on Roland now that he can't go off and do whatever he pleases.

I also suspect that between Robinson's coaxing, and speaking with potential buyers saying "We will pay more if...", Roland has learned some best practices. I imagine that includes things like not selling your best players*, the importance of getting promotion (or being in the running), and how those things impact the club's valuation.

*With the exception of Holmes, which I think was a deal that would have taken place with or without a pre-January takeover. I think what was on offer at Sheffield United was too good for him to turn down, especially for a 30-year-old.
  • Maybe not a sign of a takeover, "imminent" or otherwise, but a sign of changing attitudes within the club.

The 60 page programme for tomorrow's game (and 60 pages tell us something too given Meire didn't want any programmes at all) features an article from the Supporters' Trust.

Yes, that's the Supporters' Trust that is part of CARD.

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
    He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;"

Wooohooo !

The new owner promising free wine !!!
    Sounds fun. I've never mixed wine with Red Bull before.
  • It’s not fucking Red Bull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's not RB. I'm just genuinely scared by the number of people who would be willing to sell our soul, everything that makes this club great and everything we have fought for, just for a mega rich owner and on the field sucxess. It's too great a price for me.
    Yeah those Man City fans must cry themselves to sleep at night! :wink:
  • I honestly can't see RB taking over any English football team. As others have pointed out, when the Hull owner attempted to change their name, he was told he couldn't.

So, how would RB's business model of new name, badge, colours etc. fit in with that? My guess, FWIW, is that it simply wouldn't bother trying.
  • Sponsored links:

I know it's not RB. I'm just genuinely scared by the number of people who would be willing to sell our soul, everything that makes this club great and everything we have fought for, just for a mega rich owner and on the field sucxess. It's too great a price for me.
    How do you know it is not Red Bull?
  • edited February 2018
    Just opinion, there seem to be changes happening all bar the name above the door. Transfers turned down, club communications via twitter, the programme etc. Is it possible that RM is liaising with someone other than the nutcase in Belgium?
  • Club name change? Look at Hull
    Club colours change? Look at Cardiff
    Club moved to the peninsula? Already been shown as unviable 100 times.
  • edited February 2018

I honestly can't see RB taking over any English football team. As others have pointed out, when the Hull owner attempted to change their name, he was told he couldn't.

So, how would RB's business model of new name, badge, colours etc. fit in with that? My guess, FWIW, is that it simply wouldn't bother trying.

Or they'd buy a non-league club where they could pretty much do what they want and get away with it. Pump loads of money in and get half a dozen promotions in ten years.

The team that became RB Leipzig were a fifth tier German side before they got involved.
  • edited February 2018

Club name change? Look at Hull
    Club colours change? Look at Cardiff
    Club moved to the peninsula? Already been shown as unviable 100 times.

Hey Callum, I see what you're doing, but the thing is, you're thinking about it, don't think about it. You're thinking about it, but don't think about it.

Now, doesn't the impending Red Bull take over makes sense? Wait, wait I see you starting to think about it again, but don't think about it.
  • edited February 2018

It’s not fucking Red Bull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Red Bull story has some WingsLegs though
  • Not saying I believe the RB stuff but for those saying name changes/moves etc wouldn't happen and citing examples seem to be forgetting what happened to Wimbledon. There is a precedent.
  • edited February 2018
    I'm still catching up with the last couple of days, are people getting paid to mention Red Bull and if so where do I sign their blood pact agreement for monies?

Edit: I'd just like to add that although not a fan of Red Bull it's infinitely better than it's rivals.

• If you consider the money required to be competitive in the top flight it will need a business strategy backed with money. Good communication from the club also helps too. ;)
  • How do you *know* its not Red Bull?

Would you feel a bit of a twit if it was?

Also, aren't Red Bull's colours Red?
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if we’ll ever sign Delort? I wonder if he still looks like a knob!?
  • It's not Red Bull, move on
  • PeteF said:

Maybe not a sign of a takeover, "imminent" or otherwise, but a sign of changing attitudes within the club.

The 60 page programme for tomorrow's game (and 60 pages tell us something too given Meire didn't want any programmes at all) features an article from the Supporters' Trust.

Yes, that's the Supporters' Trust that is part of CARD.

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
    He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;"

Major step.
    Also another major step is that PeteF is back. !

are you sure

I don't. What I meant to say was I know people are say it it's not RB. And no their colours are white home and blue away.

I don't. What I meant to say was I know people are say it it's not RB. And no their colours are white home and blue away.
    Actually Canters, my question was posed at Shooters.

Found out their home colours are White and Red, so not far off what we have had in bygone years.
  • And our away kit now is blue....

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/596df7e5ac4c9/charltons-201718-away-kit-revealed

So, whats the problem with kit colours ??
  • According to a Belgian poster on another site, Roland mentioned on a minor chat show that he was busy selling all of his football clubs.

Where is that comment? Can’t see it on any forum
  • According to a Belgian poster on another site, Roland mentioned on a minor chat show that he was busy selling all of his football clubs.

Any further details CE?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!