Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Red_Bull_Salzburg

I would not be too happy if we ended up like this mob.

No, you're right Elfs, Salzburg have been in Europe virtually every year since RB took them over and have won the Austrian title many times.
    We wouldnt want to be like that would we ???!!!!! , i mean successful , fuck me, no way, we dont like that, success !!,we'd rather watch fucking Rochdale on a wet tuesday evening so that i can sit in the Lib and have a pint of Light and Bitter and then catch last bus 'ome - i'm starting to talk to myself in a MIchael Palin accent now.
    I'm happy in league 1 president ask elfs
  • https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Red_Bull_Salzburg

I would not be too happy if we ended up like this mob.

No, you're right Elfs, Salzburg have been in Europe virtually every year since RB took them over and have won the Austrian title many times.
    We wouldnt want to be like that would we ???!!!!! , i mean successful , fuck me, no way, we dont like that, success !!,we'd rather watch fucking Rochdale on a wet tuesday evening so that i can sit in the Lib and have a pint of Light and Bitter and then catch last bus 'ome - i'm starting to talk to myself in a MIchael Palin accent now.
    Yeah, you won that one. I had misread the opening page and not scrolled down.

Carry on talking like Michael Palin, at least he does not swear so much.

I'm off to bed.
  • Thing is we need a good owner ready to invest and get us moving. We have a ground good enough for the PL. So that's not an issue. If the time comes where we are locking fans out then we can think about what to do. But that is currently a long way away. 12 years ago we were close to that. But alas not now. I'd take rb if they want to invest and if they call it the th valley and it's full again, I'd take that too.
  • Thing is no one really seems to know anything... we have the aussies and maybe some kicks but it's all very unclear
  • According to a Belgian poster on another site, Roland mentioned on a minor chat show that he was busy selling all of his football clubs.

I'll never complain about the quality of the guests on Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross again.
    Come on CE, you cant just come on and say that and then disappear ! - makes it look like its a load of bollox.
    I answered you, take a look.

NB I don't know why you are going on about the Peninsula, because unless I'm mistaken, there is no longer the land available to build a medium/large stadium. I can't remember the detail, but that boat sailed some years ago IIRC.
    Maybe its gone beyond that now CE, in as much as i can see how blinkered,insular and small-minded some/most fans are - its almost as if The Valley is a shrine, and is ours forever more. I cant stand it that people cant see progress, to me, its so obvious, its on our doorstep, it can only be good for the club and the fans and yet it seems most fans want to stick to their old routine , their old worship place, and are just not prepared to look at the 'bigger picture', and shout down anybody who thinks differently, - it drives me crazy tbh. To me its so obviously a move that could move us up to a new level - an opportunity to have sponsors like Citibank,HSBC,State Street instead of Betdag,Titan lifts (sorry ) and Andrews air conditioning - its just plainly obvious ffs !!!!!!!!!
    its an opportunity that i bet someone like Berylson is watching closely, especially in their situation with their ground.

I really, really dont get it.
  • Thing is we need a good owner ready to invest and get us moving. We have a ground good enough for the PL. So that's not an issue. If the time comes where we are locking fans out then we can think about what to do. But that is currently a long way away. 12 years ago we were close to that. But alas not now. I'd take rb if they want to invest and if they call it the th valley and it's full again, I'd take that too.

We've already killed that argument with the RB Leipzig avg attendances posts.
  • edited February 2018
    Don't disagree President. But let's fill the valley first and minimum thst will take 2 years.
  • Don't disagree President. But let's fill the valley first and minimum thst will take 2 years.

Nah, do it now given the opportunity.

If the possibility is there, do it now, move - the support base would very quickly get up and over 28k at The Peninsular, if we were successful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anybody got any paracetamol?
  • JamesSeed said:

I'm not ITK nor do I know anyone who is ITK. I don't think its RB as a few posters are adamant that its not, but just wanted to see why some fans have an aversion to changing th name of the Stadium and / or moving grounds. In the Premiership we have the Liberty Stadium, The Emirates & Sports Direct and 2 of those teams have also recently moved to brand new grounds & I don't see their fans moaning & saying " I wish we didn't have rich owners & were back in the 3rd tier of football so we could enjoy our ground being called the Vetch field"

If we do happen to get taken over by a very large conglomerate, get out of this crappy league & move 1 mile down the road to a 40,000 seater stadium I wont complain. You don't have to come along - you can spend you hard earned money at Welling, Dartford or Bromley.

Strange comment.

I believe you have been going long enough to know the importance of staying at The Valley.
    Even more fucking strange comment.

There is no importance of staying at The Valley other than to satisfy the dinosaur views of a few luddite supporters. And i've probably been going there longer than you have.
    Really? Are you being deliberately wind-up-y?

The losing of The Valley, and the successful 'Back to The Valley' campaign may mean Charlton fans will always have a strong bond with The Valley, a stronger bond than most clubs fans have with their grounds.
    Aw gawd.

Again, sorta sums up most fans.
  • Summary 2.2.18

Richard Murray spoke to staff members in the days before the Walsall game and told them that there is a "preferred bidder" and the takeover may come in February. The term "Preferred bidder" wasn't explained and could be someone has exclusive legal rights to take a deal forward or just someone Roland (or Murray) would rather buy the club.

RM then meet with the Supporters' Trust/CARD on the day of the Walsall game and told them that two parties had completed due dilligence but one was ahead of the other. RM didn't use the term "preferred bidder to CAST/CARD.

Still no confirmation on who these parties are although strongest rumours suggest that they could include:

An bid including Australian Andrew Muir (which is not the same as the AFC consortium who were mentioned back in April 2017 when this thread started)

A bid fronted by Donald Muir (no relation) and Alex McLeish, who's backers are unknown but some suggest they are South African and others British.

@redhenry has said there were four interested parties but this week cut this to three. We don't know who these parties are.

@Airman Brown appears to have some new information but you may have to buy VOTV tomorrow to find out (or read a version on here). His mood some optimistic and he hinted on twitter that it is the Australians who are ahead at the moment.

Richard Murray spoke to staff again this week, this time at the training ground. The SLP reported that he told staff that there "COULD BE" a deal in February but that timescales could shift.

@nth london addick states that no formal offer or offers have been made.

There is absolutely no, repeat NO, evidence that Red Bull are involved.

The transfer window saw no sale of Konsa but also no purchase of any new players. Three players joined on loan. This can, and has, been interpreted as meaning both that a sale is close and that a sale is a long way off. Robinson confirmed that Duchatelet had final sign off on deals on deadline days and rejected bids for Magennis and possibly Fosu and Konsa.

Thank You for your concise summary

Its not paracetamol you need, its speed to hand out to Charlton fans to try to get them out of the dark ages.

Its not paracetamol you need, its speed to hand out to Charlton fans to try to get them out of the dark ages.
    I think it might be termed knowing one's limitations and being realistic.
  • edited February 2018

According to a Belgian poster on another site, Roland mentioned on a minor chat show that he was busy selling all of his football clubs.

I'll never complain about the quality of the guests on Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross again.
    Come on CE, you cant just come on and say that and then disappear ! - makes it look like its a load of bollox.

NB I don't know why you are going on about the Peninsula, because unless I'm mistaken, there is no longer the land available to build a medium/large stadium. I can't remember the detail, but that boat sailed some years ago IIRC.
    Maybe its gone beyond that now CE, in as much as i can see how blinkered,insular and small-minded some/most fans are - its almost as if The Valley is a shrine, and is ours forever more. I cant stand it that people cant see progress, to me, its so obvious, its on our doorstep, it can only be good for the club and the fans and yet it seems most fans want to stick to their old routine , their old worship place, and are just not prepared to look at the 'bigger picture', and shout down anybody who thinks differently, - it drives me crazy tbh. To me its so obviously a move that could move us up to a new level - an opportunity to have sponsors like Citibank,HSBC,State Street instead of Betdag,Titan lifts (sorry ) and Andrews air conditioning - its just plainly obvious ffs !!!!!!!!!
    its an opportunity that i bet someone like Berylson is watching closely, especially in their situation with their ground.

Agreed, I don't think you do get it at all. I'll have one last attempt.

THERE IS NO LONGER A PENINSULA OPTION (unless I am mistaken).
    ffs.

'UNLESS I AM MISTAKEN' - means you dont FUCKING KNOW.
    Are you drunk ?

I'm 99% certain I've read more than once that the land that was available no longer is.

I've read documents saying that the option a few years back was limited to a stadium with a maximum capacity @10,000.

This news is so old I can't be 100% sure as I have a poor memory and I don't like to say I'm 100% certain if I'm not.
    Have you read all the posts???

This has morphed into a general discussion about the dinosaur attitude of Charlton fans generally.
    We all know/understand/appreciate/are aware that the Peninsular option *might* and i stress *might* not be available - but my gripe is with the negative attitude of fans towards any such move should it arise.
    Maybe if you had taken the time to read it fully you might have been able to come on here with a more erudite message rather than blurting out your big-i-am capital letters or accuse people of being drunk !
  • Sponsored links:

• According to a Belgian poster on another site, Roland mentioned on a minor chat show that he was busy selling all of his football clubs.

Agreed, I don't think you do get it at all. I'll have one last attempt.

THERE IS NO LONGER A PENINSULA OPTION (unless I am mistaken).
    ffs.

'UNLESS I AM MISTAKEN' - means you dont FUCKING KNOW.
    Are you drunk ?

I'm 99% certain I've read more than once that the land that was available no longer is.

I've read documents saying that the option a few years back was limited to a stadium with a maximum capacity @10,000.

This news is so old I can't be 100% sure as I have a poor memory and I don't like to say I'm 100% certain if I'm not.
    Have you read all the posts???

This has morphed into a general discussion about the dinosaur attitude of Charlton fans generally.
    We all know/understand/appreciate/are aware that the Peninsular option *might* and i stress *might* not be available - but my gripe is with the negative attitude of fans towards any such move should it arise.
    Maybe if you had taken the time to read it fully you might have been able to come on here with a more erudite message rather than blurting out your big-i-am capital letters or accuse people of being drunk !
    I've read every word thank-you.
  • Jesus wept

Can’t sleep @ElfsborgAddick? Thought you were off to bed :smile:
  • Next childish comment ?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!