Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• How much has DD lost since purchasing the club.

The figure most quoted is £55 millon. Now take £18 millon (His original purchase price) from £55 million , that leaves £32 million.

Is DD trying to recoop ALL his losses.

The old goat is wanting all of his money BACK.

Until someone bids, on or near this figure, he could will sit tight and hang on for as long as possible.

PopIcon said:

Just back from a from a few beers, the 100+ posts is enough to get me interested. Only to find it is mostly The_President and ElfsborgAddick waffling on to one and other.

Two bald men etc.....
  • According to a Belgian poster on another site, Roland mentioned on a minor chat show that he was busy selling all of his football clubs.

I'll never complain about the quality of the guests on Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross again.
    Come on CE, you cant just come on and say that and then disappear ! - makes it look like its a load of bollox.
    I answered you, take a look.

NB I don't know why you are going on about the Peninsula, because unless I'm mistaken, there is no longer the land available to build a medium/large stadium. I can't remember the detail, but that boat sailed some years ago IIRC.
    Maybe its gone beyond that now CE, in as much as i can see how blinkered,insular and small-minded some/most fans are - its almost as if The Valley is a shrine, and is ours forever more. I cant stand it that people cant see progress, to me, its so obvious, its on our doorstep, it can only be good for the club and the fans and yet it seems most fans want to stick to their old routine , their old worship place, and are just not prepared to look at the 'bigger picture', and shout down anybody who thinks differently, - it drives me crazy tbh. To me its so obviously a move that could move us up to a new level - an opportunity to have sponsors like Citibank,HSBC,State Street instead of Betdag,Titan lifts (sorry ) and Andrews air conditioning - its just plainly obvious ffs !!!!!!!!!
    its an opportunity that i bet someone like Berylson is watching closely, especially in their situation with their ground.

I really, really dont get it.
    Agreed, I don't think you do get it at all. I'll have one last attempt.

THERE IS NO LONGER A PENINSULA OPTION (unless I am mistaken).
    ffs.

'UNLESS I AM MISTAKEN' - means you dont FUCKING KNOW.

Sorta sums up the mentality of the people i have been talking about.
    It's getting late, Mr President.

I'm a bit peed off after my hairdresser was a tad gung ho with his scissors this afternoon.

I'm trying to resist that bar of Galaxy in the cupboard.

Plus, to top it all, I've run out of wine.

I can just about cope with all of the above ....

....but you're REALLY getting on my t*ts now !

Isn't it past your bedtime ?

:neutral:
    Bloody classic that one :smile:

• Next childish comment ?

He's behind you?
  • Next childish comment ?

Read tomorrows VOTV and hopefully the peninsula situation will be explained.

• According to a Belgian poster on another site, Roland mentioned on a minor chat show that he was busy selling all of his football clubs.

I'll never complain about the quality of the guests on Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross again.
    Come on CE, you cant just come on and say that and then disappear ! - makes it look like its a load of bollox.

NB I don't know why you are going on about the Peninsula, because unless I'm mistaken, there is no longer the land available to build a medium/large stadium. I can't remember the detail, but that boat sailed some years ago IIRC.
    Maybe its gone beyond that now CE, in as much as i can see how blinkered,insular and small-minded some/most fans are - its almost as if The Valley is a shrine, and is ours forever more. I cant stand it that people cant see progress, to me, its so obvious, its on our doorstep, it can only be good for the club and the fans and yet it seems most fans want to stick to their old routine , their old worship place, and are just not prepared to look at the 'bigger picture', and shout down anybody who thinks differently, - it drives me crazy tbh. To me its so obviously a move that could move us up to a new level - an opportunity to have sponsors like Citibank,HSBC,State Street instead of Betdag,Titan lifts (sorry ) and Andrews air conditioning - its just plainly obvious ffs !!!!!!!!!
    its an opportunity that i bet someone like Berylson is watching closely, especially in their situation with their ground.

ffs.

Sorta sums up the mentality of the people i have been talking about.
    It's getting late, Mr President.

I'm a bit peed off after my hairdresser was a tad gung ho with his scissors this afternoon.

I'm trying to resist that bar of Galaxy in the cupboard.

Plus, to top it all, I've run out of wine.

I can just about cope with all of the above ....

....but you're REALLY getting on my t*ts now !

Isn't it past your bedtime ?

:neutral:
    Bloody classic that one :smile:

Yeah, especially the bit about 'i've run out of wine'
  • Calm down.
  • Bloody hell, i post a smiley face and someone now tells me to calm down !!!
  • Bloody hell, i post a smiley face and someone now tells me to calm down !!!

Ok ok keep yer hair on and calm down.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018
    Haven’t any of you got a life outside of this thread;)?
  • Haven’t any of you got a life outside of this thread?

What you doing reading it ?
  • Haven’t any of you got a life outside of this thread?

What you doing reading it ?
    I don’t have to, ITK.
  • Apparently ( as my home is there) the golf is a temporary structure. 5 years i think if i remember correctly.
  • PeteF said:

Maybe not a sign of a takeover, "imminent" or otherwise, but a sign of changing attitudes within the club.

The 60 page programme for tomorrow's game (and 60 pages tell us something too given Meire didn't want any programmes at all) features an article from the Supporters' Trust.

Yes, that's the Supporters' Trust that is part of CARD.

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
    He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;"

Major step.
    Also another major step is that PeteF is back. !
    Been a tad busy!
  • PeteF said:

PeteF said:

Maybe not a sign of a takeover, "imminent" or otherwise, but a sign of changing attitudes within the club.

The 60 page programme for tomorrow's game (and 60 pages tell us something too given Meire didn't want any programmes at all) features an article from the Supporters' Trust.

Major step.
    Been a tad busy!
    Good to see you back mate - does this mean that you'll be returning to the Mike once RD has kindly departed?
  • PeteF said:

PeteF said:

Major step.
    Been a tad busy!
    Good to see you back mate - does this mean that you'll be returning to the Mike once RD has kindly departed?
    I doubt it very much.
  • JamesSeed said:

According to a Belgian poster on another site, Roland mentioned on a minor chat show that he was busy selling all of his football clubs.

ffs.

Are you drunk ?

I'm 99% certain I've read more than once that the land that was available no longer is.

I've read documents saying that the option a few years back was limited to a stadium with a maximum capacity @10,000.

This news is so old I can't be 100% sure as I have a poor memory and I don't like to say I'm 100% certain if I'm not.
    Have you read all the posts???

This has morphed into a general discussion about the dinosaur attitude of Charlton fans generally.
    We all know/understand/appreciate/are aware that the Peninsular option *might* and i stress *might* not be available - but my gripe is with the negative attitude of fans towards any such move should it arise.
    Maybe if you had taken the time to read it fully you might have been able to come on here with a more erudite message rather than blurting out your big-i-am capital letters or accuse people of being drunk !
    If fans are against the move @The_President , then that's just the way it is. Move on.
    Try and work out why the gates are down. Maybe it's not just to do with the location? They were big before, there's no reason they can't be substantially increased again. You need to offer a decent product, a club and a team to believe in, and trams [oops, I've just blown it....]
    @JamesSeed - you've given me an open goal .... trams it is, then. Charlton was the centre of the London tram scene. The Central Repair Depot alongside the railway line to Angerstein Wharf was the main maintenance facility for the entire London Transport system. Access was via a short side turning called Felltram Way, which is still there today. As the trams were withdrawn from service they were scrapped in Penhall Road, near the Barrier. For several years after the system finally closed on 5 July 1952 the CRD remained open for the large fleet of trolleybuses, but they too went the way of the trams, being withdrawn over the period 1959-1962. The tram routes which served Charlton were the 36, 38, and 40. Another route in the vicinity was the 58 to Blackwall Tunnel via Blackwall Lane. Lastly, not a tram but nonetheless a fixed route, was the guided busway planned to shuttle between the Millenium Dome and Charlton Station during the Millenium Exhibition, but the system never worked and the rubber-tyred vehicles only operated as conventional buses during their brief period of service.

Psst - has he gone??!!
    i have now :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Im still here.
  • PeteF said:

PeteF said:

PeteF said:

Major step.
    Been a tad busy!
    I doubt it very much.
    Pleeeeeease!! I miss your dulcet tones - whatever, hope that's all well with you. @petef one of the good guys that makes CAFC special
  • Fascinating clip GHF,

Here in Luxembourg they had just completed their new Tram 'system' (about a 3km ride along Kirchberg street) which will eventually run from the Airport to The main train station ,a dn i notice they have a tram museum - its made me want to go along and have a look.
  • Im still here.

@The_President

start talking about cricket....

They will leave you alone
  • addickson said:

PeteF said:

PeteF said:

PeteF said:

Major step.
    Been a tad busy!
    Thanks, but it would be a little unfair on the lads doing it now, they are doing a cracking job.
    I doubt it very much.
    Pleeeeeease!! I miss your dulcet tones - whatever, hope that's all well with you. @petef one of the good guys that makes CAFC special
  • BR3red said:

Im still here.

@The_President

Did you see that Willey took 34 off one Lyon over yesterday? Thats more than Ali took in 5 Test Matches.

• BR3red said:

Im still here.

@The_President

Did you see that Willey took 34 off one Lyon over yesterday? Thats more than Ali took in 5 Test Matches.
    I see what you are doing here ;-)

And yes fantastic
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!