Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited February 2018
    E're, I've brung the Cart round, anyone seen a Horse? Goodbye.
  • Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

Apologies if this has been covered before, but could the Jimmy Seed Stand be rebuilt as a double decker (were we to be in the position of needing increased capacity)? I imaging there would be planning permission difficulties, although I seem to remember that it was something that had been proposed before relegation from the PL?

Yes there were plans to eventually extend to 40,000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2008/03/06/greenwich_cafc_feature.shtml

Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

Apologies if this has been covered before, but could the Jimmy Seed Stand be rebuilt as a double decker (were we to be in the position of needing increased capacity)? I imaging there would be planning permission difficulties, although I seem to remember that it was something that had been proposed before relegation from the PL?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2008/03/06/greenwich_cafc_feature.shtml

Flats have now been built where the new upper east tier would be. Does this mean that The south and corners are the only areas that can now be redeveloped.
  • That 40,000 design would be like a mini Old Trafford. Love it.
  • Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

Where's the tower block ??? Fake news.
    Yeah......and where are the potholes?
  • That 40,000 design would be like a mini Old Trafford. Love it.

Welcome to my world
    Won't you come on in?
    Miracles, I guess
    Still happen now and then
  • Hasn’t Airman already told us previously that evacuation issues would now be a problem in doing very much with the east and Jimmy Seed stand because of the housing developments.

There’s now a construction methodology and evacuation issue with the east stand in particular - however the majority of the capacity potential is at the Jimmy Seed stand end. You would only get 3,000 extra from the east and the south-east corner even if it’s still acceptable in planning terms, which I doubt.

There is potential to create a new access via The Heights. It’s a major piece of engineering work and there are other issues, but still much cheaper than a new stadium.
    Wasn't the main thinking around the east stand expansion more about corporate boxes increasing the number and quality of them? And as you say the work on the east stand would have had a minimal impact on capacity.
  • So Redbull would change our name, move us to a new stadium and change the Kit.

There’s already a London club with a stupid name, large bowl shaped stadium and a dodgy Kit - they’re called Arsenal

Maybe go support them?
  • big money is in reaching Premier League and or Corporate boxes, plenty of scope for the latter at the Valley, same time can se surrender part of the West for away fans instead, ta
  • Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

Flats have now been built where the new upper east tier would be. Does this mean that The south and corners are the only areas that can now be redeveloped.
    Really disappointed those plans see no place for the Jimmy Seed statue.
    #notinmyname
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• milo said:

So Redbull would change our name, move us to a new stadium and change the Kit.

There’s already a London club with a stupid name, large bowl shaped stadium and a dodgy Kit - they’re called Arsenal

Maybe go support them?

Off you go then.

• David blitzer and Joshua Harris the 2 Americans who splashed the cash to acquire 18% each of "the Surrey club" must have intentions to move the club from down town Thornton heath to swanky Surrey which is 50% of their fan base if/when they get the majority holding. Joshua Harris must be the same dude who did due diligences on Charlton with we are led to believe the intention of leaving the valley.
  • Any updates from VOTV today?
    Perhaps there’s someone in the directors box?
  • sammy391 said:

Any updates from VOTV today?
    Perhaps there’s someone in the directors box?

Or in the stands?.
  • Someone said on Twitter Roland is here?.

Surely, he wouldn't dare?

highly unlikely to say the least
  • Think it would be all over Twitter and Facebook if he was!
  • Think he would be attending STVV,S game at home tonight,better dancing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Varney is here with 2 others that I don’t recognise.

In the Directors box?

P O I D H
  • T_C_E said:

Varney is here with 2 others that I don’t recognise.

In the Directors box?
    Yes
  • Takeover when?.

Any photos?
  • Home game. Usually we get a few snippets of a rumour or two.

Over to you.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!