Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Onlyme said:

I can confirm that Peter was in his usual seat in the west stand and not in the Directors seating. It was good to see him back,

Unless I’ve got the wrong bloke I’m almost certain it was him on the left hand side of the box (looking towards the pitch) at the start of half time. That said, when I looked around when everyone was coming out, I saw one of the 2 he was with but not him.
  • Any rumours about the bloke in the Red Bull jacket????
  • JamesSeed said:

Get a room you two Jesus Christ

@kentaddick I think getting a room refers to an entirely different sort of a relationship?
    The thought of 'getting a room' with Irving...................
  • JamesSeed said:

@kentaddick I think getting a room refers to an entirely different sort of a relationship?
    The thought of 'getting a room' with Irving...................
    You need a cold shower.
  • edited February 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Is getting extremely boring. People have different opinions.
  • Gillis said:

Latest score from CL Towers....

Obsequious United 20 The Presidents (X)I 0.

Its all a bit (very) childish tbh, then again no more than I would have expected.

You cant win the argument by facts therefore resort to childish ridicule.

No, I just won the debate by turning your arguments back on you in order to show how ridiculous they are.

It's not childish, it's the art of debate but you wont understand that either.
    'Won' - is this a competition?
    You are aware that you used the word 'win' first, in the very post that Henry quoted?

Just like you indulged in name calling before complaining about other people's childish comments?

I honestly can't decide whether this has all been a massive wind up, or just an astonishing lack of self awareness. I'm leaning towards the former.
    Glad someone else noticed. Went straight over president's head.

Meanwhile back to the takeover. Here is your cryptic clue on yesterday's gossip.

• Sponsored links:

• I got the cryptic clue, we are being taken over by Charlt..... oh wait.

Yes mate, 46, married, 2 children, steady job, comes from Orpington.
    Does he have the cash more importantly??????
  • iamdan said:

Saw PV in car park after, looked fuming.

Everyone looked fuming!

He's just a fan wearing a RB jacket,move along now,nothing to see here folks.
  • 16/17 7832
    15/16 8483
    14/15 10013
    13/14 10106
    12/13 8172
    11/12 9849
    10/11 10016
    09/10 13014
    08/09 14100
    07/08 13436
    06/07 15361
    05/06 16290
    04/05 7676
    03/04 8939
    02/03 8722
    01/02 5306
    00/01 5947

Red Bull took over Salzburg in 2005, where you can see an increase in support, BUT as you can see the gates have declined dramatically.

The figures tend to differ from what Mr President was saying about Leipzig.
  • Gillis said:

Its all a bit (very) childish tbh, then again no more than I would have expected.

No, I just won the debate by turning your arguments back on you in order to show how ridiculous they are.

You are aware that you used the word 'win' first, in the very post that Henry quoted?

Just like you indulged in name calling before complaining about other people's childish comments?

I honestly can't decide whether this has all been a massive wind up, or just an astonishing lack of self awareness. I'm leaning towards the former.

Meanwhile back to the takeover. Here is your cryptic clue on yesterday's gossip.

Jack Charlton heading up a new consortium ffs
    And I thought it meant that the DUP were taking us over with their new found wealth.
    You'd better hope that Nelson McCausland doesn't get to write the programme notes then...
  • I have a source inside the club that is completely trustworthy and has been spot-on with his info so far.
    He has told me that the new owner will not be Red Bull, but the cryogenically preserved cartoonist, Walt Disney.
    His great grandson, Thumper, is Walt's representative and has completed DD and agreed to RD's asking price.
    Once the sale is complete, The Valley will be demolished, and a Disneyland Metro built in its place.
    The club will then ground share with West Ham, where Thumper is confident of a smooth transition as Charlton and West Ham fans are cockneys like the Chimney Sweeps in the Disney classic, Mary Poppins.
    There are also plans to change the club's kit to blue vests and blue and white striped shorts as worn by the animal football team in the Disney classic, Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

'Change is good.' Rafiki, from the Disney classic, The Lion King
  • During that time Salzburg have won the league eight times, including the last four years in a row. This year will make it five. There is not much competition, and it is getting boring and repetitive. In my opinion, that is why gates are going down. Rapid Vienna is the only Austrian team that averaged over 10,000 last season.

Having said that, I wouldn't be bored watching Charlton win the Premier League five times in a row.
  • edited February 2018

16/17 7832
    15/16 8483
    14/15 10013
    13/14 10106
    12/13 8172
    11/12 9849
    10/11 10016
    09/10 13014
    08/09 14100
    07/08 13436
    06/07 15361
    05/06 16290
    04/05 7676
    03/04 8939
    02/03 8722
    01/02 5306
    00/01 5947

Red Bull took over Salzburg in 2005, where you can see an increase in support, BUT as you can see the gates have declined dramatically.

The figures tend to differ from what Mr President was saying about Leipzig.

you have got one wrong. In 02/03 it was 8723.
  • JamesSeed said:

Which is almost exactly what I said: 'you don't need to throw your toys out of the pram when other disagree. It's called a difference of opinion.'
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Which is almost exactly what I said: 'you don't need to throw your toys out of the pram when other disagree. It's called a difference of opinion.'
    I didn't have no pram, I hadda pushchair, do you wanna make someink off it guvnah?
  • Fumbluff said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I didn't have no pram, I hadda pushchair, do you wanna make someink off it guvnah?
    Are you talking to me?
  • JamesSeed said:

Fumbluff said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Are you talking to me?
    You drew first blood, not me, not me...
  • Redskin said:

I have a source inside the club that is completely trustworthy and has been spot-on with his info so far.
    He has told me that the new owner will not be Red Bull, but the cryogenically preserved cartoonist, Walt Disney.
    His great grandson, Thumper, is Walt's representative and has completed DD and agreed to RD's asking price.
    Once the sale is complete, The Valley will be demolished, and a Disneyland Metro built in its place.
    The club will then ground share with West Ham, where Thumper is confident of a smooth transition as Charlton and West Ham fans are cockneys like the Chimney Sweeps in the Disney classic, Mary Poppins.
    There are also plans to change the club's kit to blue vests and blue and white striped shorts as worn by the animal football team in the Disney classic, Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

'Change is good.' Rafiki, from the Disney classic, The Lion King

Donald Duck

• edited February 2018
    Trams were a bit before my time but do remember these the trolleybus, with a no doubt misplaced fondness. Always remember looking up as a kid and the sky being littered with overhead cables.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S3GkfEfByJE
  • Gillis said:

Hmmm, a Charlton crest used as an escutcheon over a Union Flag. The Union Flag has become closely associated with Brexit, indicating perhaps that someone is about to leave. But who - Meire? She has already gone. Joyes? No offence, but surely not significant enough to warrant an enamel badge. Could it be... dare we dream the dream... Duchatelet? Sadly, I think not. For surely if it was we'd see the famous crest of a rat-couchant lying sinister over a field of duck tape. Perhaps it refers to the possibility of Charlton leaving. But leaving what? Following the club's defeat to Oxford, it can only mean leaving their current place in the league hierarchy for a more lowly realm.

Let's look at the words, to see if they give any more clues. The second word Athletic comes from the Greek 'Athlētēs', meaning that someone is competing for a prize. In this case, perhaps another team competing for Charlton's prized place in League 1. But who? Let's see if there's a clue in the top word, Charlton. The keen-eyed here will notice that the first four letters in the word Char are the same as in our clubs name, Charlton. But what on the second set of four letters 'lton'. This is strange form when seen in isolation like this, but when then you notice that 'lton' or more properly L'ton is clearly a contraction on Luton.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is written in the stars and has been carefully recorded for us on an enamel badge by peoples of ancient wisdom. If Duchatelet remains, the Kingdom of Charlton shall perish to be replaced by pretenders from the north called Luton Town.
  • Stig said:

Gillis said:

Hmmm, a Charlton crest used as an escutcheon over a Union Flag. The Union Flag has become closely associated with Brexit, indicating perhaps that someone is about to leave. But who - Meire? She has already gone. Joyes? No offence, but surely not significant enough to warrant an enamel badge. Could it be... dare we dream the dream... Duchatelet? Sadly, I think not. For surely if it was we'd see the famous crest of a rat-couchant lying sinister over a field of duck tape. Perhaps it refers to the possibility of Charlton leaving. But leaving what? Following the club's defeat to Oxford, it can only mean leaving their current place in the league hierarchy for a more lowly realm.

Let's look at the words, to see if they give any more clues. The second word Athletic comes from the Greek 'Athlētēs', meaning that someone is competing for a prize. In this case, perhaps another team competing for Charlton's prized place in League 1. But who? Let's see if there's a clue in the top word, Charlton. The keen-eyed here will notice that the first four letters in the word Char are the same as in our clubs name, Charlton. But what on the second set of four letters 'lton'. This is strange form when seen in isolation like this, but when then you notice that 'lton' or more properly L'ton is clearly a contraction on Luton.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is written in the stars and has been carefully recorded for us on an enamel badge by peoples of ancient wisdom. If Duchatelet remains, the Kingdom of Charlton shall perish to be replaced by pretenders from the north called Luton Town.
    Spot on
  • edited February 2018

Stig said:

Gillis said:

Spot on
    To add to that sound reasoning, who has 2 youngster playing for Luton , is British and an ex Charlton player ?

Never let it be said that Fanny keeps her info to herself....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!