Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• It’s not wrong it’s the same

until someone shows the colour of their money which I know for 100% certainty has not happened we are in the same boat as last week and I will even put my neck on the block and sat we won’t be sold in February

What’s the sticking point then? Price?
    I don’t know, if I was to hazard a guess it will be because it is still not certain which league we will play in next season

well by the end of this month the picture should be abit clearer with 2homes games against 2 of the top six teams with away games also against Doncaster and MKDons. If that is no help than 3 away games to follow in the first 13 days of march should tell us all we need to know..

• Someone's got some wrong information somewhere... we've had ranging ITKs from "no due diligence" through "no bids" to "bids that aren't meeting Roly's valuation" to "four different bids".
  • When those who keep saying not happening any time soon I choose to ignore as I want it to happen now! But at this stage we still have no clear indication who's likely to take us over. Either no one is close or those NDAs are watertight
  • Uboat said:

hawksmoor said:

Don't tell me. Somebody has already used it.

Someone threatened the Defenestration of Prague when he made a contentious point about 150 pages ago.
    Very Bohemian
  • only four threads away from dropping off page 1, not having that.

until someone shows the colour of their money which I know for 100% certainty has not happened we are in the same boat as last week and I will even put my neck on the block and sat we won’t be sold in February

I don’t know, if I was to hazard a guess it will be because it is still not certain which league we will play in next season

If that's the case then the alleged prospective purchasers know just as much as the septicgenarian shit4brains, which can't be a good thing. We're almost mathematically safe from relegation already, the viscosity of the shit below us in the league will prevent dropping into division 4. With the pathetic scouse pisshead in charge of the 1st team there's fuck all chance of promotion. Ergo next season will commence in division 3. Anyone seriously considering anything else is not fit for purpose and of course precisely the sort of wanker roly will favour as purchaser.
    Maybe RD is the one waiting not the buyers
  • I think we should invade the “The influence of the EU on Britain” thread.
  • This thread is coming under attack on the 'Do we show enough self discipline?' Thread.

Calling anyone who wants to defend their right to chat absolute rubbish on this thread, to fill the time between useful updates, to go and defend us on there.

#SaveOurTakeoverthread

#PrayForOurTakeoverthread

Let’s keep this on track please. Any updates @PeterGage ?
  • Sponsored links:

If that's the case then the alleged prospective purchasers know just as much as the septicgenarian shit4brains, which can't be a good thing. We're almost mathematically safe from relegation already, the viscosity of the shit below us in the league will prevent dropping into division 4. With the pathetic scouse pisshead in charge of the 1st team there's fuck all chance of promotion. Ergo next season will commence in division 3. Anyone seriously considering anything else is not fit for purpose and of course precisely the sort of wanker roly will favour as purchaser.
    Stig. An eloquence that can only be applauded.

Hear hear!
  • Any updates regarding takeover. Only 22 days left of February.
  • razil said:

Uboat said:

hawksmoor said:

Someone threatened the Defenestration of Prague when he made a contentious point about 150 pages ago.
    Very Bohemian
    and very clever - I was trying to think of something suitably Kafkaesque to add but gave up

and instead offer the more obscure fact that whilst Duchatelet continues to vacillate over the sale of the Club, approximately one million seven hundred and fifty thousand babies have been born world wide during the first five days of February alone.

I don't know where that leaves us but if the sale doesn't happen soon this thread may (already has?) take on the superpowers of a Black Hole sucking all other threads and all other comment into it

• From Angeldust on ITTV.

Still no movement on this, and things have gone very quiet.
    The question has to be asked as to why none of the interested parties have been granted a period of exclusivity?
    Well I can tell you that it's nothing to do with the owner refusing to offer one. I'm told he would be happy to do so.
    The truth is that none of the group's have asked or requested for one,which in my experience is unusual for a supposedly sought after commodity.
    The club is,and in truth always has been a hard sell over the years.
    This difficulty has been amplified somewhat by the current custodians efforts to run the club into a downward spiral in recent times.
    A February disposal sounds very fanciful to me.

• edited February 2018

razil said:

Uboat said:

hawksmoor said:

Very Bohemian
    and very clever - I was trying to think of something suitably Kafkaesque to add but gave up

and instead offer the more obscure fact that whilst Duchatelet continues to vacillate over the sale of the Club, approximately one million seven hundred and fifty thousand babies have been born world wide during the first five days of February alone.

I don't know where that leaves us but if the sale doesn't happen soon this thread may (already has?) take on the superpowers of a Black Hole sucking all other threads and all other comment into it

The Reformation period in Europe, 30 years war, etc is fascinating and not widely known, also about so much more than religion (mainly power and Empire) and worthy of its own thread. As is the War of Spanish succession. It’s interesting to view it in the Prussian/German unification context too.
  • Have we been sold yet?
  • Doesn't really matter if it is the end of the season now as he can't do much harm outside a transfer window. Worst he can do is sack Robinson.
  • Doesn't really matter if it is the end of the season now as he can't do much harm outside a transfer window. Worst he can do is sack Robinson.

That would cost money so highly unlikely.
  • Sponsored links:

Wrong. Normal clubs will be planning for the summer and next season as soon as the window closed. How can Robbo plan for anything? He doesn't even know if he will be in a job or if he is who will be the owner or what budget.

We won't be able to get all our targets in early and have them together for pre season. We will be starting the season with things still up in the air. Every day this drags out is a greater impact on next season.

If it doesn't happen soon then we will once again be starting a season weeks if not months behind every other club due to Rolands cocking about.
    If Angeldust's quote carries any weight then it may not be Roland cocking about, it might just be that we do not look that attractive to buyers as we all think we are.

As said on several occasions above the big money investors do not seem interested in travelling South of the river.
  • dickplumb said:

From Angeldust on ITTV.

The question has to be asked as to why none of the interested parties have been granted a period of exclusivity?
    Well I can tell you that it's nothing to do with the owner refusing to offer one. I'm told he would be happy to do so.
    The truth is that none of the group's have asked or requested for one,which in my experience is unusual for a supposedly sought after commodity.
    This difficulty has been amplified somewhat by the current custodians efforts to run the club into a downward spiral in recent times.

I reckon @nth london addick is really Angeldust. Have you noticed similarities in the writing styles ...
  • _MrDick said:

dickplumb said:

From Angeldust on ITTV.

I reckon @nth london addick is really Angeldust. Have you noticed similarities in the writing styles ...
    NLA would never use the word 'fanciful'
  • I have a source who says that a period of exclusivity began nearly two weeks ago.

What does this actually mean in taking the takeover process forward - thanks
  • can’t believe that dealings at the club have been kept so quiet. I’d like to think @Airman Brown knows a little more than most.

• razil said:

Uboat said:

hawksmoor said:

Very Bohemian

If we had a proper owner, Charlton scarves would have been sent out to all those babies by now to welcome them to the family....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!