Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I'd hazard a guess that the LACK of a takeover is preventing contract discussions.
    Exactly. The cocking about not getting it done is setting us back for next season.
  • I can't see Kashi signing a new contract unless we're promoted anyway, does he really want to play in the 3rd division next season?
  • I can't see Kashi signing a new contract unless we're promoted anyway, does he really want to play in the 3rd division next season?
    He'd be a liability in the Championship to be honest. He's too slow on the ball - not through lack of ability, of course, but because he persists in slowing the tempo for no reason, which you simply cannot do in desperate leagues like this and the Champ.
  • I have a source who says that a period of exclusivity began nearly two weeks ago.

Yes Airman!
  • edited February 2018

I can't see Kashi signing a new contract unless we're promoted anyway, does he really want to play in the 3rd division next season?
    Yeah I thought the same... the promotion push is hindering Contract talks for me... not the Takeover

“He’s not looking to leave,” said Robinson. “He said to me ‘gaffer – let’s get promoted, let’s push to try and achieve our goals and then we’ll have a chat in the summer’.

i.e. the "He's not looking to leave" bit is contradicted by the rest of highlighted section... He's not looking to leave IF we get promoted - If we dont then he'll be the first one out the door in the summer I reckon, thats why he wants to wait till then before signing something
  • @Airman Brown do you think everything will be finalised and a new owner in place by the end of this month?
  • edited February 2018
    CAFCTrev said:

@Airman Brown do you think everything will be finalised and a new owner in place by the end of this month?

Fingers and toes crossed
  • Sponsored links:

• PeterGage said:

I have a source who says that a period of exclusivity began nearly two weeks ago.

What does this actually mean in taking the takeover process forward - thanks
    It’s one source, albeit an interesting one. It would mean, for example, that a party which hadn’t completed due diligence could do so safe in the knowledge that the club won’t be sold from under them while they are doing the work. It could mean that an agreement has been reached in principle but certain things remain to be bottomed out. It gives the buyer confidence that the seller isn’t negotiating with a third party behind their back.

I’ve been separately told that due diligence is complete, i.e. all the issues identified before Christmas have now been resolved.

Some of the “nothing is happening” reports are likely to originate from ex-directors with loans - however, it is possible to do the deal without their consent so there is little reason to bring them in before the end if at all. They don’t have sufficient clout to be the difference between the deal happening or not happening, IMO, (and they don’t speak with one voice, either) which isn’t to say they won’t be offered a deal. Obviously they are all (or most of them) very interested spectators.

My view on this has changed since one of them confirmed to me that the loans can be rolled over without their consent (that is, they can be when no new leases are required, which I understand is the case. The freehold is being acquired with the club).
    Thanks @Airman Brown for that comprensive explanation
    Yeah I thought the same... the promotion push is hindering Contract talks for me... not the Takeover

“He’s not looking to leave,” said Robinson. “He said to me ‘gaffer – let’s get promoted, let’s push to try and achieve our goals and then we’ll have a chat in the summer’.

i.e. the "He's not looking to leave" bit is contradicted by the rest of highlighted section... He's not looking to leave IF we get promoted - If we dont then he'll be the first one out the door in the summer I reckon, thats why he wants to wait till then before signing something
    He strikes me as someone who would happily plod along in the third division as long as he was getting paid well to do it.

But yeah, anyway the takeover.....
  • CAFCTrev said:

@Airman Brown do you think everything will be finalised and a new owner in place by the end of this month?

Only an opinion but I do.
    Any idea who is bankrolling the Australian consortium?
  • CAFCTrev said:

Thanks Airman! Heres hoping!
  • CAFCTrev said:

That's good enough for me.
  • edited February 2018
    I was told this morning that a deal will be at the end of March beginning of April.
    Person of prominence also said remember this conversation.
  • I was told this morning that a deal will be at the end of March beginning if April.
    Person of prominence also said remember this conversation.

Oooooh !

March 22nd would be a fitting day as it's my BIG one too .
  • Could be concluded sooner fanny but the person I spoke too was quite sure 2 months!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018
    Really hope who ever it is has the Money & a plan to at least make us competitive in the Championship. @Airman Brown are you confident that this would be the case
  • no but we are thick football fans, i'd rather they were super loaded like the twunt who owns us now and what he does spend he spends badly rather than someone/group who have a 1/4 of his wealth and are wiser on how to spend it
  • cafc-west said:

Really hope who ever it is has the Money & a plan to at least make us competitive in the Championship. @Airman Brown are you confident that this would be the case

Has the money and spends the money are two different things, as we’ve been shown. But the version I heard re the Aussies would be OK.
    What does ok mean? How rich we talking?.
    I think Airman's 'OK' was to the fact that they have enough money and will invest in the club. How rich they are doesn't really matter if they won't spend it - Duchatelet certainly had enough - but spend it on CAFC....
    To be fair I think RD has spent whilst here, just not as much as we would like and, certainly, too much wasted on his misguided philosophies.

• Really hope who ever it is has the Money & a plan to at least make us competitive in the Championship. @Airman Brown are you confident that this would be the case

Has the money and spends the money are two different things, as we’ve been shown. But the version I heard re the Aussies would be OK.
    What version is that ...
  • edited February 2018
    J BLOCK said:

What version is that ...
    There’s always an upside.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!