Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Who are the two players KR says he had lined up and would have signed for us on a permanent deal?
  • I thought it was Moore and Carruthers
  • I think he said gleeson and carruthers.
  • Really hope who ever it is has the Money & a plan to at least make us competitive in the Championship. @Airman Brown are you confident that this would be the case

Has the money and spends the money are two different things, as we’ve been shown. But the version I heard re the Aussies would be OK.
    The glass is half empty with that ok.
  • I was told this morning that a deal will be at the end of March beginning of April.
    Person of prominence also said remember this conversation.

Sue Parkes?
  • edited February 2018
    Taxi_Lad said:

cafc-west said:

Really hope who ever it is has the Money & a plan to at least make us competitive in the Championship. @Airman Brown are you confident that this would be the case

Has the money and spends the money are two different things, as we’ve been shown. But the version I heard re the Aussies would be OK.
    What does ok mean? How rich we talking?.
    I think Airman's 'OK' was to the fact that they have enough money and will invest in the club. How rich they are doesn't really matter if they won't spend it - Duchatelet certainly had enough - but spend it on CAFC....
    To be fair I think RD has spent whilst here, just not as much as we would like and, certainly, too much wasted on his misguided philosophies.

Until he sells and the price is crystallised, he's spent F*** All. Just loaded debt-onto the club
    This doesn't make any sense, I'm afraid. If the idiot Roland went out and acquired some useless player and a fee was due, the selling club would still want, you know, actual money. Similarily, players, staff and the CEO would want actual wages: not an IOU from Staprix. Whatever the accounting arrangements, and we all know that there's huge debt loaded on the club, Roland will have actually have had to shell out real folding stuff on his various failed projects.
  • What is shocking from the Millwall figures is that they spent just £5m on players in nine years, yet only got £4.1m back in transfers out.

Totally different at Charlton (I'm not going to work out what our transfer income might be, but with Lookman, Gomez, Pope, Jenkinson, Shelvey, Kermorgant, Stephens, Holmes, Bailey, Palmer, Gudmundson, Cousins, etc, it could be up near £25m?). Balance that with money spent, which I doubt is more than £15m (pure guesswork)?

At least we look more profitable in one area!
  • cafcfan said:

Taxi_Lad said:

cafc-west said:

Really hope who ever it is has the Money & a plan to at least make us competitive in the Championship. @Airman Brown are you confident that this would be the case

I think Airman's 'OK' was to the fact that they have enough money and will invest in the club. How rich they are doesn't really matter if they won't spend it - Duchatelet certainly had enough - but spend it on CAFC....
    To be fair I think RD has spent whilst here, just not as much as we would like and, certainly, too much wasted on his misguided philosophies.

Until he sells and the price is crystallised, he's spent F*** All. Just loaded debt-onto the club
    This doesn't make any sense, I'm afraid. If the idiot Roland went out and acquired some useless player and a fee was due, the selling club would still want, you know, actual money. Similarily, players, staff and the CEO would want actual wages: not an IOU from Staprix. Whatever the accounting arrangements, and we all know that there's huge debt loaded on the club, Roland will have actually have had to shell out real folding stuff on his various failed projects.
    But I could go out and spend money on a new suit and expensive shoes for you but then tell you you owe me the money plus interest. It doesn't make me a generous fella does it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:

cafcfan said:

Taxi_Lad said:

cafc-west said:

But I could go out and spend money on a new suit and expensive shoes for you but then tell you you owe me the money plus interest. It doesn't make me a generous fella does it?
    It does if he's skint and you both know he's never going to actually pay you back.
  • Pedro45 said:

What is shocking from the Millwall figures is that they spent just £5m on players in nine years, yet only got £4.1m back in transfers out.

Totally different at Charlton (I'm not going to work out what our transfer income might be, but with Lookman, Gomez, Pope, Jenkinson, Shelvey, Kermorgant, Stephens, Holmes, Bailey, Palmer, Gudmundson, Cousins, etc, it could be up near £25m?). Balance that with money spent, which I doubt is more than £15m (pure guesswork)?

At least we look more profitable in one area!

Millwall have done quite well on keeping their players though; Neil Gregory was wanted by Rotherham the other season whilst; Archer / O'Brien / Onyedinma have all broken through (probably literary) from the Academy.

Had those three been at Charlton the last few years they'd probably have gone to another side by now
  • Taxi_Lad said:

cafcfan said:

Taxi_Lad said:

cafc-west said:

Yeah but you own you and Mrs cafcfan owns me. Until disposal of the club, Roland owns both Charlton and Staprix.

So, he's just moving money from his left hand trouser pocket to his right hand trouser pocket. Unfortunately he hasn't realised that his right pocket is worn out, hasn't been duct-taped back together and the money is falling out of his trousers and down the drain.
  • Have we been sold yet?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Have we been sold yet?

We've certainly been sold down the river, for the last few years
  • Obviously the rumoured new owners are waiting until this thread hits 400 pages.
    Can't think of anything else holding it up
  • Dazzler21 said:

Have we been sold yet?

Yes ... down the river
  • Sponsored links:

• Clouseau, a Frenchie played by Sellers. He was funny. We now have to tolerate a Belgian who hasn't a Clouseau, and doesn't appear to be a Seller. Roland Poirot, will sell tomorrow ..... Like cheap beer! Only this clown is far from being funny.... Good news is that putting an object into orbit appears to be getting cheaper.
  • edited February 2018
    bump - dropped too far down...
  • This thread has got a little six fingered cousin now but mere mortals can’t post on it which is disgusting if you ask me.
  • edited February 2018
    Censorship at its worse.

• PeterGage said:

I have a source who says that a period of exclusivity began nearly two weeks ago.

What does this actually mean in taking the takeover process forward - thanks
    It’s one source, albeit an interesting one. It would mean, for example, that a party which hadn’t completed due diligence could do so safe in the knowledge that the club won’t be sold from under them while they are doing the work. It could mean that an agreement has been reached in principle but certain things remain to be bottomed out. It gives the buyer confidence that the seller isn’t negotiating with a third party behind their back.

I’ve been separately told that due diligence is complete, i.e. all the issues identified before Christmas have now been resolved.

Some of the “nothing is happening” reports are likely to originate from ex-directors with loans - however, it is possible to do the deal without their consent so there is little reason to bring them in before the end if at all. They don’t have sufficient clout to be the difference between the deal happening or not happening, IMO, (and they don’t speak with one voice, either) which isn’t to say they won’t be offered a deal. Obviously they are all (or most of them) very interested spectators.

My view on this has changed since one of them confirmed to me that the loans can be rolled over without their consent (that is, they can be when no new leases are required, which I understand is the case. The freehold is being acquired with the club).
    I don't think all the issues have been resolved though as I have heard of at least one group of people have been waiting for small minor issue to be resolved.

Hopefully this can get sorted quickly so the takeover has a new lease of life given to it
  • I was told this morning that a deal will be at the end of March beginning of April.
    Person of prominence also said remember this conversation.

Sue Parkes?
    No not even close
  • As Macronarty puts so beautifully, those that get wound up wanting to know what's happened and then get annoyed wading through pages of horse jokes, we've set up a little non-banter version for you

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80858/the-bite-size-takeover-thread

lift the post completing to kick start a new thread but don't give the original post a promote? Go figure.

Months after I started giving the summaries for the exact reason Admin finally wake up to the need and steal the idea.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!