Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• What they worth?.
    "Australian Football Consortium Ltd (AFC) are currently attempting to raise the capital necessary to buy out the Belgian..." Ummm...
    Plus ca change.............

Where is that from? 
  • Rudders22 said:
    What they worth?.
    "Australian Football Consortium Ltd (AFC) are currently attempting to raise the capital necessary to buy out the Belgian..." Ummm...

Where is that from? 
    Page 1 of this thread.
  • That is ancient now. We have gone past that stage now 
  • Rothko said:
    All the good from Wembley has now washed away, I don't know what's more depressing, this thread, Chernobyl or how bad the new Black Mirror is. 
    My wife was flicking through the TV channels last night and as she couldn't see anything of interest she pulled up our Sky recording of the play off final and we watched the 2 Charlton goals again. It just so depressing going from the highs of that day to the lack of positive news just over 2 weeks later.
  • edited June 2019
    If I wasn't the first person to say  spite, I was the first to say he shows elements of wanting revenge in his comments.
    @Blucher is correct, you need to be a psychiatrist to try to get inside Duchatelet's head (a dangerous place to be!)
    Envy and resentment can be added to the glossary Because despite being worth 500 millions he has failed to be accepted as a politician or as a good owner of a network of Football clubs around Europe.
    Duchatelet is totally nonplussed by this as in his mine he is a genius.
    To the voters in Belgium and to Charlton fans who love the club with a passion, he is an eccentric old man with bad teeth and foot ware. 

We know he is a miser, because unlike the odious Phillip Green he doesn't splash millions on his own birthdays. He goes to his local restaurant and gets 25% off with his pensioners card. Plus one of the few comments Meire said that was believable was he asked her the cheapest way he could get from London to Charlton by train ! (Told to Bromley addicts)

Duchatelet's praise for Wilder and not Bowyer until that last statement informs that he is envious of Lee success in the last year. Wilder was his choice and Bowyer got the job because he was already the coach in situ.

How do you beat or get rid of him ?
    Give him an exit strategy where he thinks he's won. If it means the next owners have to roll over the ex directors loan for the 3rd time, so be it (I would imagine we need 100% agreement from the 7 for this to happen)

Money is his Raison d'être in so much it gave him the platform to  be a Politician and Football owner.

He failed miserably in both endeavours.

• Naughty! Tears of laughter...just coughed up a mouthful of tea when I read that  :)
  • edited June 2019
    What does Sammy have to gain by posting something like that if it's all just a load of bollocks?

Because he's a WUM. Glad he posts on that site (if it is BexleyBoy) with all the other plums and we don't have to read all his drivel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just arrived in Belgium. In hotel.

Awaiting further instructions
    Dinner and nice Belgian beer dealt with
    Henry, hope you will sample the delights of La Chaloupe D'or in the Grand Place when you are there. I don't know if they still do it, but when I lived in Brussels in the early 90's, you had to deposit a shoe with them if you ordered a Kwak beer served in the mini yard of ale with wooden stand. I think I read they are doing that in other bars nowadays because so many glasses get stolen but back in the day it was a quite unique.
  • Raining now in Belgium but plans will continue regardless

(May change shoes)
    Wellingtons surely?
  • Rudders22 said:
    What they worth?.

Where is that from? 
    France.
  • 1691, The Treaty of Limerick, ends the Williamite war.
  • Addickted said:
    bobmunro said:
    1688, Henry Morgan dies. In 1944 Seagram named a brand of rum after him.
    August 2019. Cafc manager Jason Euell make Albie Morgan the youngster captain in the championship.
    Captain Morgan ? It's a rum do.
    I now can't get the image of Caroline Munro out of my head - I know it was Lambs not Morgans, but still!!!

(P.S. you have to be of a certain age to get the connection)
    She's 70 now B)

Yeah, but would ya?
  • :(elMc32 said:
    addick05 said:
    Scoham said:

Who is Sammy05 anyway?
    Exactly. Never heard of him. Anyone else come across him? Don't remember him posting on here before - not that that means anything of course. Losing count of these kind of posts, so far all have proved that the writers' usually know SFA.
      And there was me thinking you were related to Sammy05!!  😉

No way! Have been tipped off about this guy... total waste of space who really should get a life. Sad thing is he has generated lots of responses on here just wasting everybody's time.
  • 1691, The Treaty of Limerick, ends the Williamite war.

Not to be confused with the on-going Marmite War.
  • I thought the Alcorcon news come out a few weeks ago? Josh Harris was the one named to be involved. 
    I thought the Alcorcon news come out a few weeks ago? Josh Harris was the one named to be involved. 
    You can say that again.
  • Sage said:
    No inside information at all but I’ve got a feeling something is going to happen today, be it involved with the takeover or news about Bows, I’m not sure but something seems like news will be announced.
    Why do you have that feeling? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope I don't speak to soon. It seems like there is a complete news blackout from the club. Nothing from Bowyer, none of our players with confirmed links to anywhere, Williams desperate to stay but hasn't signed for anyone even though he was linked with Swansea. Has everything stalled as takeover talks near completion and then all will be revealed. There has been no press conferences from Boiw at all and yet he came back last week. Are takeover talks overtaking everything at the moment? I could be completely wrong but it does have the feel of Roland almost gone now and waiting for everything else to fall into place. 
  • edited June 2019
    DiscoCAFC said:
    Sage said:
    No inside information at all but I’ve got a feeling something is going to happen today, be it involved with the takeover or news about Bows, I’m not sure but something seems like news will be announced.
    Why do you have that feeling? 
    Because it’s all we have
  • addick05 said:
    :(elMc32 said:
    addick05 said:
    Scoham said:

Who is Sammy05 anyway?
    Exactly. Never heard of him. Anyone else come across him? Don't remember him posting on here before - not that that means anything of course. Losing count of these kind of posts, so far all have proved that the writers' usually know SFA.
      And there was me thinking you were related to Sammy05!!  😉

No way! Have been tipped off about this guy... total waste of space who really should get a life. Sad thing is he has generated lots of responses on here just wasting everybody's time.

Whenever Colin is mentioned it tends to generate a lot of response!

Thanks, Colin.

• I would be more confident if there was a Charlton person in negotiations fighting for our future similar to the 30 minutes from going under in the last century.
    If Murray is still listened to, his interests have appeared to be separated from the interests of Cafc and the fans.

No news can't be good news despite the NDA.
  • Rudders22 said:
    I hope I don't speak to soon. It seems like there is a complete news blackout from the club. Nothing from Bowyer, none of our players with confirmed links to anywhere, Williams desperate to stay but hasn't signed for anyone even though he was linked with Swansea. Has everything stalled as takeover talks near completion and then all will be revealed. There has been no press conferences from Boiw at all and yet he came back last week. Are takeover talks overtaking everything at the moment? I could be completely wrong but it does have the feel of Roland almost gone now and waiting for everything else to fall into place. 
    I posted last week that a pal of mine is close to Lee. He was under the impression that everything would be sorted by the Friday last week. Something has obviously happened last week that has stalled it. I have no idea if its to do with ownership or not but as you say there is silence this week. I am still 90% sure Lee is staying but each day will make me more nervous.
  • Not that I trust what RD is saying but I think everybody is misinterpreting what RD says. RD did not say that Bows had to sign the current contract extension so that contract talks can be discussed on improvement but his actual words were "We decided to trigger Bowyer's current contract extension which he has not signed. WE are due to have talks next week to discuss a contract. There needs to be stability wether there is new ownership or not.  We would like Bowyer to stay. My own gut inst9nct is he will stay but they are already trying to get deals done under the radar, albeit on a low budget. Other than RD doesn't care about us and he should have done this ages ago like a normal owner would do, I can't see him Bow not staying. He loves the club and the players and has unfinished work. 
  • Play it again Sam
  • Fumbluff said:
    Rudders22 said:
    I hope I don't speak to soon. It seems like there is a complete news blackout from the club. Nothing from Bowyer, none of our players with confirmed links to anywhere, Williams desperate to stay but hasn't signed for anyone even though he was linked with Swansea. Has everything stalled as takeover talks near completion and then all will be revealed. There has been no press conferences from Boiw at all and yet he came back last week. Are takeover talks overtaking everything at the moment? I could be completely wrong but it does have the feel of Roland almost gone now and waiting for everything else to fall into place. 
    I posted last week that a pal of mine is close to Lee. He was under the impression that everything would be sorted by the Friday last week. Something has obviously happened last week that has stalled it. I have no idea if its to do with ownership or not but as you say there is silence this week. I am still 90% sure Lee is staying but each day will make me more nervous.
    Wait, you know Kieron Dyer?
    Lol no. What ever happened to him? Star of the future
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!