Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Is he from the area?  Wiki says he moved to London aged 10 from Cyprus in 1968
  • Surprised that the site that can't be talked about didn't have inside info on this, or will we get the i knew all about it but promised not to blab etc
  • Mike Ashley - why would anyone want that eejit anywhere near our club. 
    Roland is certainly a sorry excuse for an owner but Ashley is, plain and simple, totally dangerous. He will bleed every source of revenue from the club and leave us high and dry. Two-shits is just clueless about football. Ashley is a ruthless businessman with a planned agenda. 
    Just look at what he has done with Newcastle - all the Magpies I know have nothing good to say about the man. 
    I want Roly to sell the club but I honestly think I’d prefer him to keep hold rather than sell to Ashley, purely on the basis that he could then sell to someone who will actually not inflict even more damage. 
  • A Turkish Cypriot! I wonder if my family will still let me support Charlton ;)
  • An offer is on the table and talks are said to be at an advanced stage, although the move could yet fall through at the 11th hour. Many Cardiff fans, alarmed upon learning the news, will be privately hoping that proves to be the case.

Yeah dont worry Cardiff fans, you wont need to hope!!
  • 1694, Queen Mary II founded The Royal Seamans Hospital at Greenwich.
  • Sponsored links:

• So he is the front of one the groups who had been linked already? 
  • Mike Ashley at Newcastle:

Bought Newcastle for £134m and inherited £77m of debt. By 2017 that debt had doubled to £152m. 

Sports Direct has never paid anything towards the naming rights or any of the advertising that swarms the stadium. 

Sports Direct controls club's retail operations and the club has made a net loss of £5.5m from this arrangement. Commercial income has halved, matchday income is down by a third.

In the 11 years before Ashley, Newcastle had qualified for Europe nine times and the Champion's League group stages twice. Since Ashley has been owner, the club has been relegated twice and played in the Europa League once. 

Newcastle's net spend since the summer of 2017 is £1m. Brighton's is £110m and Huddersfield's is £78m. 

Ashley has purchased land behind the Gallowgate for a reduced £6m and planning permission for £70m proeprty development that blocks any expansion of St James' Park. 

The club's accounts are overdue and it is also under investigation by HMRC for tax fraud.

From page 1469.
    This says a lot for the manager he employs then given they just finished 9 and 29 points above those 2 sides.
  • Quick let’s get excited.

Unless he’s paying around £40m in goodwill no chance.
  • Redhenry said:
    I know Mehmet, not well but he's a very nice man. 
    Well that would be one hell of an improvement for starters!
  • TelMc32 said:
    Not sure Riga will be impressed with having his picture labelled as Roland in that story!!  😂
    And there’s Duchatelet thinking ‘I don’t look bad for a man of 72’ #KeepOnDancingRoly
  • Sponsored links:

• Dalman played for Palace, for that reason I am out :wink:

Intresting that from quick Google search he would have no problem putting together a consortium from his network of "known associations" although some people might not be happy with the source of the money.

Might even get a few Man United players on loan! 
  • Question is... Why does this bloke want to leave Cardiff for us in the first place?

Its like Football Manager where you get bored winning things with the club you start with so resign and take over at a bit of a shit team for a "challenge"

For me usually results in a couple of games before I realise what a mistake I've made before "retiring" and going back to my original club
  • Redhenry said:
    He worked in London for at least 25 years, first knew him at an Investment Bank and he went off to work for a hedge fund for a while. Has been doing business in the Middle East for years.
    No doubt he's decent on a personal level and he's certainly come across well in Cardiff, but when I worked with him in early 2000s he was very dodgy. Under normal circumstances I'd say it's not good news, but he can't be worse than Roland (can he?). 
  • edited June 2019
    1694, Queen Mary II founded The Royal Seamans Hospital at Greenwich.
    Let’s all give her ‘the clap’ she so richly deserves!
    Most local older folk will get the gist of my comment. ;)
  • Redhenry said:
    He worked in London for at least 25 years, first knew him at an Investment Bank and he went off to work for a hedge fund for a while. Has been doing business in the Middle East for years.
    No doubt he's decent on a personal level and he's certainly come across well in Cardiff, but when I worked with him in early 2000s he was very dodgy. Under normal circumstances I'd say it's not good news, but he can't be worse than Roland (can he?). 
    He has many contacts, the club is crying out for investment. Where was it Commerzbank?
  • Redhenry said:
    Little hint in there? Would he be the front man for a Middle East consortium? Straw clutching much? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!