Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Redhenry said:
    He worked in London for at least 25 years, first knew him at an Investment Bank and he went off to work for a hedge fund for a while. Has been doing business in the Middle East for years.
    No doubt he's decent on a personal level and he's certainly come across well in Cardiff, but when I worked with him in early 2000s he was very dodgy. Under normal circumstances I'd say it's not good news, but he can't be worse than Roland (can he?). 
    Dodgy could mean a thousand and one things utbg?
  • Redhenry said:
    He worked in London for at least 25 years, first knew him at an Investment Bank and he went off to work for a hedge fund for a while. Has been doing business in the Middle East for years.
    No doubt he's decent on a personal level and he's certainly come across well in Cardiff, but when I worked with him in early 2000s he was very dodgy. Under normal circumstances I'd say it's not good news, but he can't be worse than Roland (can he?). 
    Guaranteed there'd be someone peeing on our chips .

:neutral:
  • Did @DOUCHER say they were trying to flush another buyer out
  • Leuth said:
    A Turkish Cypriot! I wonder if my family will still let me support Charlton ;)
    So long as he doesn't recognise Northern Cyprus as an independent state.
  • Is he from the area?  
    Come on @Imnot Athletic

We are Millwall-Lite these days remember. You have to say ‘is he off the manor?’
  • Looking at his Bloomberg profile, I see his company's registered address is at Jardine House in Hong Kong... that building is nicknamed "the House of a 1000 Arseholes".  Not a good sign.

Anyway:

Board Members Memberships

Chairman
    Vice Chairman
    Chairman
    Venator Real Estate Capital Partners

Just looking up a bit of info about the bottom two now. 

• @Redhenry does this have anything to do with 'your lot' who walked away before? Assume Dalman is fronting a bid rather than financing it.
  • Curb_It said:
    Looking at his Bloomberg profile, I see his company's registered address is at Jardine House in Hong Kong... that building is nicknamed "the House of a 1000 Arseholes".  Not a good sign.

Anyway:

Chairman
    Vice Chairman
    Chairman

Ffs comes from the same place as RD

We have no chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:
    Looking at his Bloomberg profile, I see his company's registered address is at Jardine House in Hong Kong... that building is nicknamed "the House of a 1000 Arseholes".  Not a good sign.

Anyway:

Chairman
    Vice Chairman
    Chairman

We’ve already got one arsehole, another 1000 won’t make much difference. 
  • IanJRO said:
    @Redhenry does this have anything to do with 'your lot' who walked away before? Assume Dalman is fronting a bid rather than financing it.
    He wasn't involved as far as i know.
  • Sounds positive if Grumpy Neil even likes him; 

‘If Dalman were to go, it would come as a hammer blow to the Bluebirds and Neil Warnock.

Cardiff's hugely popular manager has developed a close working rapport with Dalman and describes him as 'the best chairman I have worked with‘

• tgarrat1 said:
    Sounds positive if Grumpy Neil even likes him; 

‘If Dalman were to go, it would come as a hammer blow to the Bluebirds and Neil Warnock.

Cardiff's hugely popular manager has developed a close working rapport with Dalman and describes him as 'the best chairman I have worked with‘

and to be fair Warnock has worked under a lot of Chairman in his time.
  • Won't be holding out too much hope...fingers burned before.
  • Fingers crossed then.

Can someone make him into a "its happening" GIF please. 

Thanking you!
  • It’s happening!
  • How is the tingle-o-meter on this one @Fanny Fanackapan
  • Is it finally happening?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just arrived in Belgium. In hotel.

Awaiting further instructions
    Dinner and nice Belgian beer dealt with
    Henry, hope you will sample the delights of La Chaloupe D'or in the Grand Place when you are there. I don't know if they still do it, but when I lived in Brussels in the early 90's, you had to deposit a shoe with them if you ordered a Kwak beer served in the mini yard of ale with wooden stand. I think I read they are doing that in other bars nowadays because so many glasses get stolen but back in the day it was a quite unique.
    Not in Brussels but will be careful with my shoes.
  • @Redhenry in the sense of he’s got dough, has he got lots as in billionaire or just enough to buy the club then play the under 14s every week?
  • Spoken to my mates who support Cardiff and he's v well thought of
  • Cardiff fan says he has heard Dalman is close to takeover of Charlton

Re: dalman off ? Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:01 pm Yes.   I've just heard this is true.  Near take over of Charlton.
  • 1695, a window tax is imposed on England.
  • 1694, Queen Mary II founded The Royal Seamans Hospital at Greenwich.
    Let’s all give her ‘the clap’ she so richly deserves!
    Most local older folk will get the gist of my comment. ;)
    Indeed I do.  In fact, many decades ago I was tested for the clap in the Greenwich Seamen's Hospital.

Yes, I was passed all clear.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!