Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Solidgone said:
    It’s happening!
    Like @happyvalley, one day your comfortable 4-0 win will come!
  • @JamesSeed loans by directors are costing us nowt. Don't need repaying until we get in the Prem. If I was an (older) creditor I'd bite RDs hand off for 50%.
  • @JamesSeed loans by directors are costing us nowt. Don't need repaying until we get in the Prem. If I was an (older) creditor I'd bite RDs hand off for 50%.
    The loans aren't costing us anything, but if Roland not clearing them prevents the sale of the club, then it will cost him money, as he will have to continue to fund the running costs of the club.
    And it won't take long for the money that he has to put in to run the club to exceed the cost of clearing the loans. I don't have the figures, but I assume that would happen within one season.
    Therefore, by not clearing the loans and thus enabling the sale, he may well be costing himself more money in the long run.
    But it RD‘s debt. Otherwise the new buyer will have to repay the loans should they want outright ownership. 
  • Redrobo said:
    No clue if the case, but I wonder if the reason Bowyer has not bolted yet is....
    1. He knows who the new owners (might) be
    2. They have told him they will give him some "reasonable" money to spend
    3. They want to sign him, first thing, once it goes through
    And so he is being more patient than he otherwise might be?
    1. He told the fans and the players that we are on a journey together. You can’t bail out at the first whiff of a fiver.
    2. He does not give a shit who the new owners are or maybe because he can’t influence that. It is what it is.
    3. He trusts his management team to get in the players that will make us competitive enough to stay in the league.
    4. He has a promise that he can at least sign one good player for about £800k
    If Bowyer left now I don’t think you could really say he was “bailing out at the first whif of a fiver”.
  • Gillis said:
    @JamesSeed loans by directors are costing us nowt. Don't need repaying until we get in the Prem. If I was an (older) creditor I'd bite RDs hand off for 50%.
    The loans aren't costing us anything, but if Roland not clearing them prevents the sale of the club, then it will cost him money, as he will have to continue to fund the running costs of the club.
    And it won't take long for the money that he has to put in to run the club to exceed the cost of clearing the loans. I don't have the figures, but I assume that would happen within one season.
    Therefore, by not clearing the loans and thus enabling the sale, he may well be costing himself more money in the long run.
    Is he really costing him money? I thought the losses were covered by loans from one of his other companies, with interest charged, and the debt these loans have created are driving the asking price for the club. 

Am I incorrect?
  • The fella can afford to play with us.  I imagine the money he makes through his other business interests gobbles up the losses with Charlton.

Consequently we are left in the position as it is at present.
  • se9addick said:
    Gillis said:
    @JamesSeed loans by directors are costing us nowt. Don't need repaying until we get in the Prem. If I was an (older) creditor I'd bite RDs hand off for 50%.
    Is he really costing him money? I thought the losses were covered by loans from one of his other companies, with interest charged, and the debt these loans have created are driving the asking price for the club. 

Am I incorrect?
    Yes and no, the losses are being covered by loans he himself is paying, so the only way it's not going to cost him anything is if the sale price covers *all* existing debt, that would require the club to increase in value by 10/15m each year, clearly RD is going to have to write off huge amounts of money, or find a moron to buy the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kronenbourg 1664.
    I only popped in to the thread to check if this was 1664.
  • se9addick said:
    Gillis said:

Am I incorrect?
    Yes and no, the losses are being covered by loans he himself is paying, so the only way it's not going to cost him anything is if the sale price covers *all* existing debt, that would require the club to increase in value by 10/15m each year, clearly RD is going to have to write off huge amounts of money, or find a moron to buy the club.
    A moron...... why do you say that?
  • Kronenbourg 1664.
    I only popped in to the thread to check if this was 1664.
    CL, for when you start to suspect that Rolecks datejust watch you bought in the pub may possibly be fake...
  • se9addick said:
    Gillis said:

Am I incorrect?
    Charlton are spending money they don’t have loaned to them with interest from Duchatelet through one of his holdings. Whichever way you paint the picture the money owed will never fully get repaid. The debt rises week on week, month on month, year on year. The only way Duchatelet can claw back some of the money owed is by selling the club and taking a haircut. I’ve no idea but doubt any of his losses can be offset against tax. Whether the money loaned to Charlton is from his own bank account or via one of his companies, it’s still costing him and when he finally goes it will have cost him a lot.

• Is the hold up with RedBull
    No it's with BullShit...
  • edited June 2019
    This quote from Bowyer is really quite significant - it means smaller than Millwall, Brentford, Barnsley, Preston, Wigan and Luton, for example, not exactly clubs we’d consider bigger than Charlton. 

https://twitter.com/richcawleyslp/status/1136945444825784320?s=21
  • Sponsored links:

I bet Roland wouldn't do a deal with the ex-directors where they both take the same percentage haircut on the club being sold. A significantly bigger amount of loss for him but maybe a fairer perspective?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Valley11 said:
    Lies, lies and more lies plus some more let's blame everyone but myself from Roland.
    That was my impression. Don’t think this is positive sadly. Sounds like petulant, spoilt brat mode, maybe because the takeover isn’t quite going how he likes it or as quickly. 
    I’m hardly his biggest fanboy, but I have a feeling he might be being being fairly straightforward in this instance.
    Of course it’s also the case that he might be able to sort out the loans issue by getting out his chequebook.
    Or maybe not. 
  • This quote from Bowyer is really quite significant - it means smaller than Millwall, Brentford, Barnsley, Preston, Wigan and Luton, for example, not exactly clubs we’d consider bigger than Charlton. 

To be fair, they are a lot smaller than us and they need to spend big to try and catch up. Spending money you haven’t got doesn’t mean success, it just means you’ve spent more and got a bigger debt to pay back. LB proved last season that there are quality players out there that you don’t need to pay a transfer fee for. I’m all for repeating that model this season and if there is any money in the kitty to pay a transfer fee then I wouldn’t mention it because prices reflect what people think you can pay.
    They need to spend money to catch up - with a club that has about a dozen contracted first-team players, some of whom have never played above L1. If you say so? This is about wages, not fees.

i think you’ll find Brentford, for example, are way ahead of us in terms of squad quality and depth. That’s why they were able to buy and pay Konsa.

If I have read correctly, I admit I might not have done, they made 4 million loss despite a player trading profit of about 8 million. 

The summer they bought Konsa they sold about £30 millions worth of players.   They are a great example of data driven recruitment, maybe Roland should send little Tommy there on work experience. He could help make the tea or something. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    This quote from Bowyer is really quite significant - it means smaller than Millwall, Brentford, Barnsley, Preston, Wigan and Luton, for example, not exactly clubs we’d consider bigger than Charlton. 

To be fair, they are a lot smaller than us and they need to spend big to try and catch up. Spending money you haven’t got doesn’t mean success, it just means you’ve spent more and got a bigger debt to pay back. LB proved last season that there are quality players out there that you don’t need to pay a transfer fee for. I’m all for repeating that model this season and if there is any money in the kitty to pay a transfer fee then I wouldn’t mention it because prices reflect what people think you can pay.
    They need to spend money to catch up - with a club that has about a dozen contracted first-team players, some of whom have never played above L1. If you say so? This is about wages, not fees.

i think you’ll find Brentford, for example, are way ahead of us in terms of squad quality and depth. That’s why they were able to buy and pay Konsa.

If I have read correctly, I admit I might not have done, they made 4 million loss despite a player trading profit of about 8 million. 

The summer they bought Konsa they sold about £30 millions worth of players.   They are a great example of data driven recruitment, maybe Roland should send little Tommy there on work experience. He could help make the tea or something. 
    Cue: fifty cups of tea. All cold. None with milk in. Very few with water. Or tea. 

One of them doesn't taste like coffee and is presented as a complete triumph. 

Tommy has his picture taken with a large urn. 
  • So in regards to these directors loans

For the 'Aussie' deal is it that have agreed a fee with Roland for the club but have negotiated that he sorts out the Directors Loans, or are the Aussies responsible for paying them.

Have any of the other parties offered to pay the Directors Loans as part of their 'deals'?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!