Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Aussies? How many ?.James Seed!
    24.6 million as of 2017

Thats £1.25 each if the figure of £33 million is correct.
    In the consortium for Charlton FC?.
  • Aussies? How many ?.James Seed!
    24.6 million as of 2017

Thats £1.25 each if the figure of £33 million is correct.
    In the consortium for Charlton FC?.
    Probably that’s why the paperwork has taken two years.
  • seth plum said:
    If the Australians take over I will be first in line for buying season tickets.
    Do we really want the Aussies after 2 years 
    Frying pan into the fire
  • Aussie+Indian+USA money.
  • G Murphy CEO.
  • Aussie+Indian+USA money.
    But not much of it so it seems
  • 1667, John Milton's Paradise Lost is published.
  • £500m+£500m+£500m that will do.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Aussies are not for me.

• clb74 said:
    seth plum said:
    Frying pan into the fire
    Yes. Because 1) it means Roland has gone 2) is there any evidence that they are the cause of the hold up
    Agree with 1) but I think all the evidence on 2) is that they put the paperwork in to the EFL last May and then couldn’t follow through.
  • edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    The only thing I know for sure is that it’s the loans holding things up. The Aussies were expecting that they would have been sorted, but they haven’t been.
    Whether it’s the ex directors ‘not co-operating’ I don’t know for sure. It could be that Roland hasn’t sorted them when he should have done, or those acting for Roland haven’t when they should have done. 
    But forget the Aussies trying to sort out the directors. That was never expected, or requested or even feasible. 

Seems like we’re nearer, but not nearer. Does anyone know how Roland could benefit from a delay?
    Until this week there hasn’t been any recent effort to sort them, so I think it’s a bit rich to put the responsibility for it not having happened on the ex-directors. Then it was framed as a threat. Nice.
    Not sure if you’re referring to me there, but I was referring to those who’ve said the Aussies should sort out the repayment of directors loans. 

The central issue seems to be that Roland (or his people) may not have even contacted the ex directors until recently. If that is the case, we have to ask why? Is it the case that he actually doesn’t want to sell the club after all?

Btw I’ve heard the same rumour of Aussie, USA and Indian money. Good source, but not the Aussies. 

• clb74 said:
    seth plum said:
    Frying pan into the fire
    Said it a few times on here, just don't get why after two years they're still hanging about.

Also another Billionaire who it seems doesn't want to put his own money in.
  • edited June 2019
    Do Rentokil have a Belgian branch?
    Not sure but @i_b_b_o_r_g is just over the border in France  ;)
  • clb74 said:
    The Aussies are not for me.

So what do you know about them?
  • clb74 said:
    seth plum said:
    Frying pan into the fire
    Yes. Because 1) it means Roland has gone 2) is there any evidence that they are the cause of the hold up
    Agree with 1) but I think all the evidence on 2) is that they put the paperwork in to the EFL last May and then couldn’t follow through.
    2) Couldn’t or wouldn’t?
  • Sponsored links:

• My main concern is that Roland still wants to own a part of Charlton after we have been sold. 
    One blade of grass would be to much for me.
    I want him 100%gone. 
    Very bad news if he still has a financial interest in us after a sale.
  • clb74 said:
    seth plum said:
    Frying pan into the fire
    Sometimes it’s safer and less awkward not to follow through
  • 50k comments
  • clb74 said:
    seth plum said:
    Frying pan into the fire
    You know, at this stage it’s best to concentrate on what we know for sure.
    Do you know it they couldn’t or wouldn’t? So much of the info we’ve received over the last two years about paperwork and the EFL has been sketchy. If the Directors’ loans haven’t been addressed, for example, could that affect the paperwork, or their willingness to submit it?

Either way, we can agree the Directors’ loans are holding things up. Roland says it’s the Directors’ fault. The Directors say it’s Roland’s. If it is Roland (which most think likely) then why is he doing it? And what can be done about it?
  • I thought it was a £30.5M bid from the Aussies matched by the Middle eastern bid?
  • edited June 2019
    50k comments

Hope it doesn't reach 50K pages.
  • I thought it was a £30.5M bid from the Aussies matched by the Middle eastern bid?
    Did the Middle Eastern bid actually exist?
  • From the sublime to the ridiculous.
  • What about the mysterious British bid. What happened to that and did it really exist ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!