Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• cfgs said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I’ve heard the price has now been agreed by the way. (Not from Aussies).
    So the Aussies have agreed the fee but you heard it from someone else, or someone other than the Aussies have agreed a fee?
    Heard from someone else. 
  • I imagine the price and the price + director debt are different things, inheriting (I think) £7 million off the bat isn’t something a sane businessman is going to want to do. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    cfgs said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I’ve heard the price has now been agreed by the way. (Not from Aussies).
    So the Aussies have agreed the fee but you heard it from someone else, or someone other than the Aussies have agreed a fee?
    Heard from someone else. 
    Ok cheers. Your mate obviously has a restraining order against you now.  ;)
  • Rudders22 said:
    Not that I am an RD fan, But do I get the impression that we are now coming towards the end game. Even by RD's standards that was a polite update and he has given us more than what was hoped without revealing who they are. Does this now mean that the people wanting to purchase the club with NDA in place now happy for RD to confirm that they are now moving forward with the purchase of the sale and if they can all the Directors agree to their loans then final papers will be submitted to the EFL for approval and the Sale can go through. Why the need to pay off all of the Directors loans?  Is it possible they can move forward with 4 of them paid off and 3 still in place. 
    I think not. 
  • Fundraiser to get rid of him quicker here we go 
  • Roland lets be clear the ONLY thing holding up the sale is YOUR unrealistic asking price----spin all you want but the problem is YOU and your EGO 

fucking end of
    He says it’s the directors loans. Maybe that’s all that’s left to sort out 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Not that I am an RD fan, But do I get the impression that we are now coming towards the end game. Even by RD's standards that was a polite update and he has given us more than what was hoped without revealing who they are. Does this now mean that the people wanting to purchase the club with NDA in place now happy for RD to confirm that they are now moving forward with the purchase of the sale and if they can all the Directors agree to their loans then final papers will be submitted to the EFL for approval and the Sale can go through. Why the need to pay off all of the Directors loans?  Is it possible they can move forward with 4 of them paid off and 3 still in place. 
    I think not. 
    ok thar rules that out then.
    Am I right in reading between the lines it is the Aussies now moving towards the sale (and the owners from Ebbsfleet ruled out (or he thinks).
  • CafcSCP said:
    Roland lets be clear the ONLY thing holding up the sale is YOUR unrealistic asking price----spin all you want but the problem is YOU and your EGO 

fucking end of
    He says it’s the directors loans. Maybe that’s all that’s left to sort out 
    Apparently that’s the case. And only a couple of directors?
  • I understand the price has been agreed for ages but I don’t totally understand why this issue of the directors loans keeps coming up - it appears that some of the directors - presumably the ones mentioned in Rolands ramble have agreed to a haircut on their loans - I heard 50% plus but the others not mentioned won’t agree to a haircut and you can’t treat different loan holders differently hence the impasse. I guess that not unreasonably the Aussies ( that’s who it still is ) want clear title on the whole club bearing in mind they are having to pay a ridiculously high price in the first place. You really would have thought that given that Roland stands to continue to lose £5-7m a year he’d just cough up a compromise to get the deal over the line - but he’s not a mean billionaire for nothing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Roland lets be clear the ONLY thing holding up the sale is YOUR unrealistic asking price----spin all you want but the problem is YOU and your EGO 

fucking end of
    May turn out not to be true. I think price finally sorted. 
  • Missed It said:
    I imagine the price and the price + director debt are different things, inheriting (I think) £7 million off the bat isn’t something a sane businessman is going to want to do. 
    Quite right.  It's hard enough to turn a profit on a football investment as it is.  Putting yourself another £7m in the hole before you even start shouldn't stack up with any sensible buyer.

Roland is hoping someone as dumb as he was in 2014 would buy the club and take the loans on that he never knew about and his non-existent DD didn't turn up.  Roland could solve this problem tomorrow by paying off the £7m debt that he took on by result of his own incompetence.  Let's call it his penance.  That would seem fair to me.
    With the loans I think it’s more than just the sums involved. There are complication vis a vis leases?
  • edited June 2019
    Honestly, when the directors loaned the club money, they never expected it to take this long to get paid. Given the shit we are in with our owner and the supposed new owners have sat on their hands for a year, and we have no idea what their real financial situation is either, and with the PL seeming forever away, I would not blame the directors for doing whatever they feel they need to get paid. Now.

• Crowdfund to pay off the directors? 
  • 1661, The body of Oliver Cromwell is exhumed and given a posthumous execution.
  • Blaming others for his mistakes again. The club had losses in the millions when he bought it in the Championship, but he thought he was getting a steal due to the accounting value of the property I expect and his scheme to get value from the network and dodging FFP, which as we know went horribly wrong. I’d be amazed if he didn’t have to take a big haircut
  • Honestly, when the directors loaned the club money, they never expected it to take this long to get paid. Given the shit we are in with our owner and the supposed new owners have sat on their hands for a year, and we have no idea what their real financial situation is either, and with the PL seeming forever away, I would not blame the directors for doing whatever they feel they need to get paid. Now.

But all but one, possibly two, have agreed. Roland being Roland can’t bring himself to pay all of them 100% when most have ready agreed a substantial haircut. Logic would say ‘just pay the money’, but we know what he’s like. 

• Crowdfund to pay off the directors? 
    Lol I was going to suggest that. I think the sums aren’t huge (if the majority have agreed a deal with Roland), and perhaps if you chip in you could be repaid if and when we reach the Premier League, and in the meantime you’d have a stake in the club and its assets. 

Oh....
  • Sponsored links:

• I understand the price has been agreed for ages but I don’t totally understand why this issue of the directors loans keeps coming up - it appears that some of the directors - presumably the ones mentioned in Rolands ramble have agreed to a haircut on their loans - I heard 50% plus but the others not mentioned won’t agree to a haircut and you can’t treat different loan holders differently hence the impasse. I guess that not unreasonably the Aussies ( that’s who it still is ) want clear title on the whole club bearing in mind they are having to pay a ridiculously high price in the first place. You really would have thought that given that Roland stands to continue to lose £5-7m a year he’d just cough up a compromise to get the deal over the line - but he’s not a mean billionaire for nothing 
    Maybe that’s why they suggested it would be sorted by the end of June a few weeks ago.
    maybe Dear Roland is trying to get them to drop and he’ll sort the rest.
    if not he’ll pay the lot at the end of June?
    just guessing though 
  • edited June 2019
    As Muir was at Wembley I'm assuming the Aussies have agreed a price.

The ex-directors not thanked by RD are, Derek Chappell, Robert Whitehand and David Sumners.
    If I'm correct I'm assuming they have not as yet agreed a deal to pay off their loans, but Murray, Hatter, Hughes and White have agreed.

RD is saying that the prospective owner put forward by Varney is the current owner of Ebbsfleet, who has not been paying the bills on time for a considerable period.

Bowyer wants a basic wage, higher than is currently on offer and negotiations will continue next week.

The playing budget is low (perhaps lowest in division) and we'll just have to get on with it.
  • £2.65m Roland can't afford that lol for the directors loans.
  • As Muir was at Wembley I'm assuming the Aussies have agreed a price.

The ex-directors not thanked by RD are David Hughes, Maurice Hatter, Robert Whitehand and David Sumners.
    If I'm correct I'm assuming they have not as yet agreed a deal to pay off their loans, but Murray, Chappell and White have agreed.

RD is saying that the prospective owner put forward by Varney is the current owner of Ebbsfleet, who has not been paying the bills on time for a considerable period.

Bowyer wants a basic wage, higher than is currently on offer and negotiations will continue next week.

The playing budget is low (perhaps lowest in division) and we'll just have to get on with it.
    Think Hatter was

is Chappel still in there?

• RD is saying that the prospective owner put forward by Varney is the current owner of Ebbsfleet, who has not been paying the bills on time for a considerable period. 
    Which Airman is saying is a total lie, it wasn’t the current Ebbsfleet owner. 
  • edited June 2019
    As Muir was at Wembley I'm assuming the Aussies have agreed a price.

The ex-directors not thanked by RD are David Hughes, Maurice Hatter, Robert Whitehand and David Sumners.
    If I'm correct I'm assuming they have not as yet agreed a deal to pay off their loans, but Murray, Chappell and White have agreed.

He thanks Murray, Hatter, White and Hughes. So that suggests Chappell, Whitehand and Sumners are the outstanding ones.
  • As Muir was at Wembley I'm assuming the Aussies have agreed a price.

I would like to thank Richard Murray, Sir Maurice Hatter, David White and David Hughes for their cooperation during this process. 
    Sir Maurice Hatter is 'thanked' in the statement.
  • edited June 2019
    Thing is if the thing went tits up the investors would be behind the former directors in the queue so you can see why they would want maximum protection/minimum exposure 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!