Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Trouble is, Roland will be thinking not a problem move onto the next one and pay him less..... Which is JJ
  • Bowyer needs to tell Roland to f@ck off.
    Roland knows bowyer wants to stay and Rolands going to try and play on that.
    It's probably the same with a couple of the players.
    Bowyer tell that pr!ck he needs you more than you need him
  • LB met Roland's representatives yesterday. The picture of him in on the tube was post contract discussions. I have had the info passed on from someone who is friends with a first-team coaching staff member and would be the "ITK"

The other info I got was that the contract talks did not go as well as planned. Not got much more then that. It is not dead in the water but there were issues both ends with what was negotiated and RD did not respond too well to one of LB's request.

Now I am not one of the people who claim to be ITK. However, this is on very good authority and I for one will believe it due to where it has come from.

If you don't, believe me, that's fair enough. Don't shoot the messenger.

Hopefully, they come to an agreement, soon.
    Can I still pick the team?
  • clb74 said:
    Bowyer needs to tell Roland to f@ck off.
    Ive like this post, but I think The Rats ego would rise up and tell Bowyer to go then......!
  • The issue was with LB's basic wage. Wanted more following promotion. RD was not too keen.
    Hate is a strong word but by God,that foolish old c##t  brings out the worst in me 😡😡😡
  • probably the sticking point is having any sort of realistic transfer budget next season. 
  • edited June 2019
    Again, worth mentioning.

Does not mean the deals dead. I just know thats the snag holding things up. It is not a pending takeover as far as I know.
    It's not the only snag. Bowyer wants a midfield player (from a League 1 club) and its going to be a mid 6 figure fee. Roland won't pay it and I think Lee is realising the task of just keeping us up. 

After everything he has achieved he deserves better. 
    Let's be fair though
    Bowyer or anyone on Charlton life  cannot be surprised by anything when it comes to Roland.
    He gave bowyer f@ck All from the sale of Grant.
  • Greenie said:
    clb74 said:
    Bowyer needs to tell Roland to f@ck off.
    Ive like this post, but I think The Rats ego would rise up and tell Bowyer to go then......!
    Bowyer walks then.

• Sponsored links:

• Again, worth mentioning.

Does not mean the deals dead. I just know thats the snag holding things up. It is not a pending takeover as far as I know.
    It's not the only snag. Bowyer wants a midfield player (from a League 1 club) and its going to be a mid 6 figure fee. Roland won't pay it and I think Lee is realising the task of just keeping us up. 

Marcus Maddison?  Posh recouping the money they just spent on Eisa? 
  • I'm not sure it would be the budget that's holding things up. Doubt very much he ever expected to spend mid six figure sums when there's been no hint of that so far.

He wouldn't be expected to challenge for promotion on frees and loans this season, so effectively would just need to keep us up. Basically bide his time until we do eventually get a new owner. 
  • I need clarification on one point ?

If Duchatelet is serious about selling and we know there has been a process followed and no great surprise the asking price is the stumbling block, But why can't RD give Bowyer a wage Commensurate with getting promotion and being a Championship manager. The next Owner would honour that contract and pay it anyway.

I know Roland's a knob and a shitweasel but I thought he wanted to sell now, not in 3 years time. 
    I'm discombobulated.
  • Where is Bowyer with his coaching badges and managing in the Championship?  Can he be appointed at WBA or Derby with his current qualifications.  I assume if he goes up with us hes got some time to comply, but taking a new job?  Anybody know?

400/500k? wonder who?
  • As if Roland is going to spend £500k in total, let alone on one player. 
  • TelMc32 said:
    Again, worth mentioning.

Marcus Maddison?  Posh recouping the money they just spent on Eisa? 
    On last year of contract. Release clause reputed to be £3m.

400/500k? wonder who?
    £8,000.00

6 figures. Roland's always careful about the decimal places.
  • Ben Close of Pompey wouldn’t surprise me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

I think he'll go and I wouldn't blame him in the slightest.

Other clubs are now aware of his stock, working diligently and without fuss under a pathetic excuse for an absent owner, bringing in quality players (for L1), galvanising them  together and forming a fantastic team spirit. Got us playing good football and all on a tight budget. He also speaks well to the press.

If a West Brom for example comes along, presents itself as a better run club (with a CEO and other prominent members of senior management staff in place) with a half-decent budget, better pay and better working conditions, then I'd be looking after my future as well (as best you can in football).

If he stays and has a restricted budget to work with, LB is not stupid enough to think that we will not struggle in the Championship and that it won't be long before our owner gets twitchy fingers and gets De Turk to do his dirty business by firing him.

And so it will go on until he sells up and departs.

Exactly this. Walk Lee and let's give Duchatelet a whole lot more grief.
  • I did say he’d go...
  • 3 pages not about a take over

400/500k? wonder who?
    Ollie Clarke from Bristol Rovers I have been told. 

400/500k? wonder who?
    Might be worth starting a transfer thread maybe? ;-)
  • JamesSeed said:
    Again, worth mentioning.

400/500k? wonder who?
    Might be worth starting a transfer thread maybe? ;-)
    Maybe, but I was replying to someone so made sense on here. 
  • edited June 2019
    Davidsmith said:
    What a load of hot air from Roland. He still doesn't get it, its not operating losses its the asking price. All potential buyers know that we lose money in Division 1. If he had paid off Ex Directors to free up assets,rather than offering them peanuts, then chances are a deal would have been done months ago, when supposedly a price was agreed with clear title. As I posted in November "deal will not happen in Division 1 at price he wants.Unless someone prepared to take a punt on promotion or agreeing X now and Promotion payment later. As far as Directors Loans are concerned ,Roland offered a derisory amount for them and was shown where his bike was parked. Unless he is prepared to pay those Loans in full ,charges will never be released. Thats all I know folks"
    Is this still the case David? A few people are saying on Twitter and here, that a price has been agreed, and it's only the Directors' loans that are holding the sale up. They're saying most of the ex Directors (and Murray) have agreed a price, but others haven't. Can any light be shed on this? I'm guessing potential buyers want the loans sorted before purchase?
  • 1659, The first record of a cheque being written. It was for £400.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!