Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Laddick01 said:
    If Bowyer goes the backlash would be worse than we’ve ever seen I reckon.
    If he goes, it’s because he / we would have been let down by our negligent owner. But I agree, there will be one hell of a backlash

• Someone could have at least offered him a seat.

• Someone could have at least offered him a seat.
    Wouldn't have happen in Corbyn's Britain...

Oh wait does this now go in the sub forum?
  • Laddick01 said:
    Afraid not.

He will be branded greedy and disloyal and it will be "get behind the club, at least Roland pays the bills, please don't protest as the players will cry"
    I miss Colin
  • Anyone’s OCD kicking in for that suit jacket and chino’s?

Nah mate.

Not matching son. What’s going on?!? 
  • 1657, Oliver Cromwell refuses The Crown, preferring to remain Lord Protector.
  • Laddick01 said:
    This is why I posed the question on the " Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer " thread - How would you react if this happened  ?"

Not many takers though, disappointingly but IMO, it could be the final straw that break's the camel's back. 
    What to do though Fanny?
    I know what I'd like to do, but it's illegal  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    This is why I posed the question on the " Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer " thread - How would you react if this happened  ?"

Not many takers though, disappointingly but IMO, it could be the final straw that break's the camel's back. 
    What to do though Fanny?
    I know what I'd like to do, but it's illegal  ;)
    Dont get caught then
  • Laddick01 said:

For me Fanny it's one of the reasons I'd never get involved in the protests.
    If bowyer signs everything's deemed to be ok and if bowyer goes everyone will be wanting to protest.
  • It’s our worst nightmare - Karel Fraeye is coming back.
    Go back to sleep you are having a nightmare.
    That would be fun.
  • It's such a big shame. After the dramatic play-off final, I was thinking this off-season could be the happiest one for us since 2012. But in reality the euphoria started to evaporate in less than 10 days' time. I still read new posts on the post-match thread, listen to the Valley Pass commentary for Bauer's goal, watching video clips of the game and the celebrations. But I also read posts and news about Bowyer and players' contract situation, rumours on Bowyer's future and this never-seem-to-happen takeover. I'm constantly switching between two opposite moods....
    Chill Jess, nobody, and I mean nobody on this thread knows the full facts, or what’s going on behind the scenes, it’s all rumour, opinion and conjecture, no real facts, a great, wise and cardigan wearing prophet once told me WIOTOS 
  • Probably been to see Roley or new owners up town

:smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    When you’ve got a manager and management team that can build a promotion winning side without paying any transfer fees and your original game plan was to have a business model that was not far removed from that and which went badly wrong in so many ways then you’ve finally hit the jackpot. You pay them accordingly and ask them to do the same again this season, identify who you want if there isn’t a transfer fee and go get them. He won’t sell now if Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen are on board, the Reds are going up again.
  • When you’ve got a manager and management team that can build a promotion winning side without paying any transfer fees and your original game plan was to have a business model that was not far removed from that and which went badly wrong in so many ways then you’ve finally hit the jackpot. You pay them accordingly and ask them to do the same again this season, identify who you want if there isn’t a transfer fee and go get them.
    That makes total sense to most people but unfortunately we have Roland's weird view of the world and vindictiveness to cope with.
    Please let your logic be right and the Rat see it before it is too late!
  • Bowyer, Gallen and Jacko will get new contracts.  Bauer and aribo will sign theirs.  We will get new owners and everyone will be moaning about why we resigned Bauer and Aribo cause now we have mega multi billionaire owners we could go out and get much better!
    I’ll have some of what you’re drinking please. 
    It’s 530pm somewhere right...
  • My based on nothing but instinct view is that Bowyer will sign a deal with us by the end of the month.

No inside info but I feel that Roland knows Bowyer staying makes the club more attractive and replacing him will still cost him money.

Now Duchatelet is irrational and De Turk incompetent but even they know it makes sense to keep him.

Their problem is they don't want to have to pay him as all they can see his contact as is as an increased cost.

It's a cost and contract negotiation that they still hope someone else will have to worry about.

Bowyer back from holiday but most players still away.  

As my distinguished quiff sporting friend just said WIOTOS.

Based upon my Dumb and Dumber instinct... 

Me: I want to ask you a question, straight out, flat out, and I want you to give me the honest answer. What do you think the chances are of a guy like Bowyer and a guy like Duchatelet agreeing a New contract by the end of June? 

HIWell Dick, that's difficult to say. I really don't... 

Me: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! We’ve come a long way with this takeover thread ... Just ...The least you can do is level with me. What are the chances? 

HI: Not good. 

Me: [ gulps, mouth twitching]  You mean, not good like one out of a hundred? 

HI: I'd say more like one out of a million. 

Me:  [long pause ...]  So you're telling me there's a chance. YEAH!

• Redskin said:
    That promotion winning glass of champagne didn't take long to go flat and have a large turd dropped in it.
    After reading this weddings will never be the same again
  • It's such a big shame. After the dramatic play-off final, I was thinking this off-season could be the happiest one for us since 2012. But in reality the euphoria started to evaporate in less than 10 days' time. I still read new posts on the post-match thread, listen to the Valley Pass commentary for Bauer's goal, watching video clips of the game and the celebrations. But I also read posts and news about Bowyer and players' contract situation, rumours on Bowyer's future and this never-seem-to-happen takeover. I'm constantly switching between two opposite moods....
    Thats the only thing about a high....you have to come down eventually.

Unfortunately for Charlton fans, its more of a crashing down!! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!