Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Bowyer will sign soon, of that I have no doubt. It’s pretty certain that Aribo will leave and 60/40 Bauer will stay. New players identified and talks well under way. Lee is committed and knows what he’s doing. 
  • Sudden panicked thought....we all know this takeover thread will finish when the takeover finally goes through. But has anyone stopped to think that maybe there is some weird quantum physics in play here and that also concurrently the takeover will only happen when the takeover thread finishes? Thus we are in a constant state of instability. Forever reliably in flux.
    The vast mass of the takeover thread is creating its own gravitational pull. Soon the whole universe will start distorting
  • that slp article has made me feel positive 
  • I too feel a little more settled after the SLP article. COYR
  • With a bow to Cantona I would say about this thread that the tide goes in and out, but clutching at straws won't save you from drowning.
  • 1658, death of Oliver Cromwell, he is succeeded as Lord Protector by his son Richard.
  • would love JW to stay. I do wonder if new owners could be close and that is the reason for the delay with bow etc. maybe he was meeting a new owner in London and that's why he was on the train. 
    Or meeting Roland
  • would love JW to stay. I do wonder if new owners could be close and that is the reason for the delay with bow etc. maybe he was meeting a new owner in London and that's why he was on the train. 
    They're not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't get into the SLP website at the moment but read it earlier. 
  • Uproar of Bowyer goes this summer?

Walks away saying he couldn't get reasonable request from RD?  Yes obviously.

Gets offered say the WBA job, says had agreed deal with RD but wants to be a Premier league manager and felt that this was he best shot? No, that's football.

New owners come in, tell him to do one and appoint Kevin Muscat and Keith Stevens? Yes

New owners come in, tell him to do one and appoint Massimiliano Allegri?  Probably not tbh. 
  • LB met Roland's representatives yesterday. The picture of him in on the tube was posted contract discussions. I have had the info passed on from someone who is friends with a first-team coaching staff member and would be the "ITK"

The other info I got was that the contract talks did not go as well as planned. Not got much more then that. It is not dead in the water but there were issues both ends with what was negotiated and RD did not respond too well to one of LB's request.

Now I am not one of the people who claim to be ITK. However, this is on very good authority and I for one will believe it due to where it has come from.

If you don't, believe me, that's fair enough. Don't shoot the messenger.

Hopefully, they come to an agreement, soon.
    I would never underestimate Roland's ability to F things up.
  • I believe you. it sound like typical roland tight fisted
    you need to end that with something that rhythms with Clive Hunt
  • edited June 2019
    LB met Roland's representatives yesterday. The picture of him in on the tube was posted contract discussions. I have had the info passed on from someone who is friends with a first-team coaching staff member and would be the "ITK"

The other info I got was that the contract talks did not go as well as planned. Not got much more then that. It is not dead in the water but there were issues both ends with what was negotiated and RD did not respond too well to one of LB's request.

Now I am not one of the people who claim to be ITK. However, this is on very good authority and I for one will believe it due to where it has come from.

If you don't, believe me, that's fair enough. Don't shoot the messenger.

Hopefully, they come to an agreement, soon.
    He probably can't fathom that football in general think Bow and his staff are miracle workers for getting us into the play-offs two years in a row.  So he is in shock that LB thinks he is in a strong enough position to ask for things to be in his contract, Roland probably thinks everything is down to him anyway.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    I believe you. it sound like typical roland tight fisted
    chump?
  • MalMal
    edited June 2019
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I believe you. it sound like typical roland tight fisted
    I'll' have a - Punt!
  • Sponsored links:

• Roland will blame Bowyer for negotiating like a soft terrorist.
    I have the highest regard for you Lee, but why not walk away? There will be other opportunities given what you have achieved here.
  • seth plum said:
    Roland will blame Bowyer for negotiating like a soft terrorist.
    I have the highest regard for you Lee, but why not walk away? There will be other opportunities given what you have achieved here.
    I think he genuinely cares for the club and fans and wants to stay
  • seth plum said:
    Roland will blame Bowyer for negotiating like a soft terrorist.
    I think everyone would understand that but I think Bowyer really does have his head screwed on. He knows he’s learning his trade. He knows that he’s absolutely loved by the fans at Charlton. He knows he’s got an awful lot of goodwill when the wheels do wobble if not come off. He knows the club and his plans have worked. He feels there is a job to do and wants to push it as far as it goes. None of that will apply elsewhere, not even at Leeds. I’ve got a feeling Bowyer is going to go on and be a very good manager and will eventually outgrow us but not for a while and I’m looking forward very much to being on board with the next part of the journey. 
  • The issue was with LB's basic wage. Wanted more following promotion. RD was not too keen.
  • Again, worth mentioning.

Does not mean the deals dead. I just know thats the snag holding things up. It is not a pending takeover as far as I know.
  • edited June 2019
    Does Bowyer seem like the sort of person who would blab the detail of the negotiations out to people . In my opinion absolutely not . 

Hardly blabbing.

If the person he spoke to (First-team coach) Knew LB was going into negotiations wanting more money following promotion. Comes out and simply says something along the lines of " Didn't go down too well" or "He wasn't keen" Hardly blabbing, is it?

Friend of mine sent the train photo to the person in question asking if Lee is off. The response was was that he went for contract talks which didn't start too well. My friend asked why and he said LB's basic was more than RD's offer - due to getting promoted - That's all I have

Again, not come out and leaked it all has he. Its pretty easy how the info gets passed on.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!