Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Curb_It said:
    A random very new poster as well.  

If you are referring to me I am not a 'random new poster' - have been posting for years. I'm certainly not a WUM. Now I know how James Seed felt. I'll keep anything else I hear to myself.
  • addick05 said:
    Curb_It said:

If you are referring to me I am not a 'random new poster' - have been posting for years. I'm certainly not a WUM. Now I know how James Seed felt. I'll keep anything else I hear to myself.
    They were referring to jacob's post, not yours.
  • Rudders22 said:
    probably a WUM 
    No probably about it .
  • addick05 said:
    Curb_It said:

Yes i was.  Sorry addick05, i actually didnt even see your post.  I only skim read all the rubbish. What is the bad news??? 
  • addick05 said:
    Curb_It said:

Jacob's post looks like a joke to me, as he says......

i've heard we are just about to be bought out by a mysterious investor... sorry i can't say any more but it's 100% definately absolutely true. you would have to be an idiot not to believe me, a random poster on a forum

• cfgs said:
    addick05 said:
    Curb_It said:

Jacob's post looks like a joke to me, as he says......

i've heard we are just about to be bought out by a mysterious investor... sorry i can't say any more but it's 100% definately absolutely true. you would have to be an idiot not to believe me, a random poster on a forum

Yes, Jacob was obviously joking.
  • 35 new posts in less than an hour.

But of course, nothing to see here.

It was ever thus *shrug*

• Curb_It said:
    addick05 said:
    Curb_It said:

Yes i was.  Sorry addick05, i actually didnt even see your post.  I only skim read all the rubbish. What is the bad news??? 

OK not to worry, I do the same (skim read that is). It was info I was told yesterday (verbally) partly concerning who had and hadn't been offered contracts. Am doubting the wisdom of saying anything now because (and quite rightly) people want to know details/source etc. which I can't provide. Just hoping it was 'Chinese whispers' and Roland comes to his senses but I wouldn't hold my breath. In fact he was quoted as saying he didn't want promotion but of course, that's nothing new. I despair of him ever selling.
  • When was Roland quoted as saying he didn't want promotion ?
    He may have said that and I may have missed it.
    He may even have thought it, without saying it.
    But I'm just saying I don't recall him saying that.

I do recall Dave White amongst others saying that's what they thought (and may well be right).
  • Sponsored links:

• Directors loans still the problem?.
  • Sorry H but I think the post in question is suggesting that it’s the current offer. 
    Still not news. Of course he's "rejected" the offers made as he hasn't signed.

He knows his value, isn't desperate and can call Roland's bluff, as he did over the first incompetent offer.

Don't read or believe anything from that site.
    Yeah because this site is always spot on. 
  • 1655, Titan, Saturn's largest moon is discovered by Christiaan Huygens.
  • Jesus 47 new posts in 2 hours

I do recall Dave White amongst others saying that's what they thought (and may well be right).
    Only Promotion I remember Roland commenting on was his Come Dancing after a game.

You may be right, but I think it was a long time ago he first stated it; in conjunction with that it didn't matter to him which division Charlton were playing in. As I (and others) have said - he just doesn't 'get' football or football fans. Just wants his 'customers' to come along enjoy watching whatever is served up for them - and enjoy a dance after the match.
  • 5.7m views
  • Sponsored links:

• 5.7m views
    Heading towards 50k comments as well.

#nopromote.
  • 5.7m views
    If CL was to get a pound for every view on this thread, we'd be able to buy 8% of our club back... 
  • Swisdom said:
    I'm reasonably confident it will be done by June 30th.  

Hopefully we can get a few signatures in the meantime but I think things are happening
    I also think things are happening, but that doesn't mean anything is close as one half of the deal involves Roly. The fans forum may have been postponed in the hope it isn't needed but I doubt anything will be done soon as Roly is a madman.
  • Sage said:
    I vaguely remember Roland saying something like the Championship is a financial black hole that he didn’t want to be apart of because it doesn’t make financial sense to be.
    He did - back in the infamous 'EFL buy the club statement' he said Championship was...

"the biggest financial graveyard or black hole in football"

• Swisdom said:
    I'm reasonably confident it will be done by June 30th.  

Hopefully we can get a few signatures in the meantime but I think things are happening
    Source?
  • It's time. 

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF 
  • Addickted said:
    5.7m views
    Heading towards 50k comments as well.

#nopromote.
    49.6k comments

Will break 50k when the latest shock news leaks.
  • Redskin said:
    That promotion winning glass of champagne didn't take long to go flat and have a large turd dropped in it.
    Exactly how I feel
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!