Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Fake tan?
    So its Trump then, that's the real reason for his current visit
  • Prince Abdullah @ Sheff utd has admitted in court that he was looking to invest in us in 2013

• Fake tan?
    So its Trump then, that's the real reason for his current visit
    WIG ALERT!
    WIG ALERT!!
    WIG ALERT!!!
  • Unless I have missed somewhere that the supposed meeting tonite with Rolands Rep has been cancelled, I havent seen much in terms of what our fans Reps are going to be pushing. We really need to push on Bowyers contract and why it's taken to the last minute, also the players out of contract, plus a budget for Bowyer to work on.
  • Mal said:
    Unless I have missed somewhere that the supposed meeting tonite with Rolands Rep has been cancelled, I havent seen much in terms of what our fans Reps are going to be pushing. We really need to push on Bowyers contract and why it's taken to the last minute, also the players out of contract, plus a budget for Bowyer to work on.
    You have......
  • Sunderland getting new investment this month.
  • Sunderland getting new investment this month.
    Parachute payments have finished, trust me they need it!
  • 1653, Oliver Cromwell expels The Rump Parliament.
  • Reckon we have the burger Parliament now.

Without the bun.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry but if you WANT to spend £500 million on players at a club like Newcastle, who the hell are you going to buy?  If the player is good enough they will go to one of the top 6 in England, Barca, Real, PSG, Juve or Munich.  If they aren't going to be good enough for them you won't catch them with a team full of them will you?   It's a bit like saying Real Madrid are worth £3 billion, you might as well buy us then chuck £2 billion in the transfer kitty. 
    Who did Man City buy when Mansour took over? Players were willing to go there even though they were (at the time) a mid table premier league side. Newcastle would just go for the biggest names they could sign at the time and then grow from there. Same as City did.

Yes a player would prefer to go to the big clubs you've mentioned but it's not always the case that those clubs need that player at that time. Say (for example) a striker becomes available and he's going to be the star of the team at Newcastle, what other sides you've named would need him? He's not going to want to compete with the likes of Suarez, Lewandowski, Salah, Aguero, Kane, Mbappe and Ronaldo is he?

• Yep re arranged for the 26th due to staff availability, I am at Glastonbury that week.
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Yep re arranged for the 26th due to staff availability, I am at Glastonbury that week.
    Hipster
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Yep re arranged for the 26th due to staff availability, I am at Glastonbury that week.

I'm free
  • 1653, Oliver Cromwell expels The Rump Parliament.

Tan the Rump
  • SE7toSG3 said:

I'm free

Thank you Mr Humphries
  • Sunderland, Newcastle and Leeds takeovers.
  • Sunderland, Newcastle and Leeds takeovers.
    So frustrating that these takeovers happen so quickly yet ours drags on for years
  • ct_addick said:
    Sunderland, Newcastle and Leeds takeovers.
    So frustrating that these takeovers happen so quickly yet ours drags on for years
    Please God, let it be us.
  • ct_addick said:
    Haven't Newcastle been on the market for years?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    ct_addick said:
    Haven't Newcastle been on the market for years?
    The owner there has RDVBD.....Roland Degenerative Valuation Brain Disorder..... he has had Newcastle for sale since 2015 but set the price high enough that no real offers came in until now.
  • Does that mean Sunderland would have been taken over twice in the time it has taken RD not to sell us.  Jeeez.

• Bowyer signs first
    Then Eaves
    Roland sells next

These things come in threes!
  • I know something you don't know bla bla bla
    Harsh. I’m just glad that anyone in the know feel able to give us a glimmer of hope. Criticising someone who posts in good faith is imho out of order. Would you prefer we hear nothing ?
    To be fair to both Airman & The Red Robin......no-one has said anything of importance. Until someone goes on the record with something then nothing is just about where we are. 

• supaclive said:
    Bowyer signs first
    Then Eaves
    Roland sells next

These things come in threes!
    Bowyer leaves.
    Bauer leaves.
    Taylor leaves.
    Think you may have two out of three right.
  • The silence from the club is deafening, what’s going on, starting to get concerning. If Duchatelet wasn’t running the club I wouldn’t be concerned, but he is . 
  • No news is good news. (As the old saying goes)
  • The silence from the club is deafening, what’s going on, starting to get concerning. If Duchatelet wasn’t running the club I wouldn’t be concerned, but he is . 

You - and all of us -have every right to be concerned in my opinion. Does anyone know if there is a press conference today? If so, if what I have been told is correct,  I'm not expecting good news.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!