Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Lies, lies and more lies plus some more let's blame everyone but myself from Roland.
    Break that down for us please Henry when you get a moment.
  • As Muir was at Wembley I'm assuming the Aussies have agreed a price.

The ex-directors not thanked by RD are David Hughes, Maurice Hatter, Robert Whitehand and David Sumners.
    If I'm correct I'm assuming they have not as yet agreed a deal to pay off their loans, but Murray, Chappell and White have agreed.

RD is saying that the prospective owner put forward by Varney is the current owner of Ebbsfleet, who has not been paying the bills on time for a considerable period.

Bowyer wants a basic wage, higher than is currently on offer and negotiations will continue next week.

The playing budget is low (perhaps lowest in division) and we'll just have to get on with it.
    He thanks Murray, Hatter, White and Hughes. So that suggests Chappell, Whitehand and Sumners are the outstanding ones.
    Yes. 
  • razil said:
    As Muir was at Wembley I'm assuming the Aussies have agreed a price.

The ex-directors not thanked by RD are David Hughes, Maurice Hatter, Robert Whitehand and David Sumners.
    If I'm correct I'm assuming they have not as yet agreed a deal to pay off their loans, but Murray, Chappell and White have agreed.

RD is saying that the prospective owner put forward by Varney is the current owner of Ebbsfleet, who has not been paying the bills on time for a considerable period.

Bowyer wants a basic wage, higher than is currently on offer and negotiations will continue next week.

The playing budget is low (perhaps lowest in division) and we'll just have to get on with it.
    Think Hatter was

is Chappel still in there?
    Apologies I've corrected. Murray, Hatter, White & Hughes were thanked, so presumably agreed a deal.
    Whitehand, Chappell and Sumners were not thanked.
  • JamesSeed said:

He thanks Murray, Hatter, White and Hughes. So that suggests Chappell, Whitehand and Sumners are the outstanding ones.
    Yes. 
    Thanks for the info. Is the feeling that the outstanding ones will be sorted?
  • Lies, lies and more lies plus some more let's blame everyone but myself from Roland.
    That was my impression. Don’t think this is positive sadly. Sounds like petulant, spoilt brat mode, maybe because the takeover isn’t quite going how he likes it or as quickly. 
  • Looks like I am late to the party on this one, Muir was at Wembley? 

Also @JamesSeed you said a price has been agreed but not by Aussies, any clue on who it could have been with? 
  • Looks like I am late to the party on this one, Muir was at Wembley? 

Also @JamesSeed you said a price has been agreed but not by Aussies, any clue on who it could have been with? 
    Not saying it wasn’t with the Aussies, I was saying I wasn’t told by the Aussies (for the usual reasons).
    Sorry for the ambiguity. 
  • £2.65m Roland can't afford that lol for the directors loans.
    It would cost him .005% of his net worth! We should the man a break. Unlike billionaires, those in the £100-800M range are struggling these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Lies, lies and more lies plus some more let's blame everyone but myself from Roland.
    That was my impression. Don’t think this is positive sadly. Sounds like petulant, spoilt brat mode, maybe because the takeover isn’t quite going how he likes it or as quickly. 
    I’m hardly his biggest fanboy, but I have a feeling he might be being being fairly straightforward in this instance.
    Of course it’s also the case that he might be able to sort out the loans issue by getting out his chequebook.
  • JamesSeed said:

Yes. 
    Thanks for the info. Is the feeling that the outstanding ones will be sorted?
    You’d have to ask Roland. He’s supposed to sort the issue before any sale can take place. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’ve heard the price has now been agreed by the way. (Not from Aussies).
    Mind you we have been told that the price has been agreed for about 2 years.
    Maybe it was, I wouldn’t know unfortunately. 
  • edited June 2019
    1662, Samuel Pepys watches a Punch & Judy show in Covent Garden. It is the first showing in London.
  • I'm at home watching fools and horses. 
    The jolly boys outing. 
    So I'm in a reasonably good mood. 
    Promised myself not to join this debate. 
    But.
    Fuck it here goes. 
    The reason a sale of the club has not gone through is down to one person and one person only. 
    Roland you selfish senile  ugly yellow toothed bastard  lower your asking price sell the fuckin club and live the rest of your miserable life as far away from SE7 as is possible. 
    I’d love to agree with you but I can’t. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    I'm at home watching fools and horses. 
    The jolly boys outing. 
    So I'm in a reasonably good mood. 
    Promised myself not to join this debate. 
    But.
    Fuck it here goes. 
    The reason a sale of the club has not gone through is down to one person and one person only. 
    Roland you selfish senile  ugly yellow toothed bastard  lower your asking price sell the fuckin club and live the rest of your miserable life as far away from SE7 as is possible. 
    I’d love to agree with you but I can’t. 
    Nothing to do with the price then ?
  • Sorry Mr Seed but you told us (in good faith) that the deal would be done in 2 weeks fecking months and months ago and now it's not Rolands fault the sale ain't gone through !!  WTF 
  • Or it's a bit of a rubbish attempt at getting the ex directors to move using the prisoner's dilemma.

The most Charlton of takeovers. 
  • The club not selling is and always will be because of Roland.

He's the only one that can sell the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mr White on twitter says he knows nothing about it. Says he was asked if he was prepared to discuss loan, and said ‘yes’. He has heard nothing since apparently.
  • Sorry Mr Seed but you told us (in good faith) that the deal would be done in 2 weeks fecking months and months ago and now it's not Rolands fault the sale ain't gone through !!  WTF 
    Exactly. WTF. 
    Although technically I said the Aussies hoped the deal would go ahead in two weeks, which was what they were told. The whole thing is a clusterf*ck. (I believe that’s the correct term these days?)
  • JamesSeed said:
    Sorry Mr Seed but you told us (in good faith) that the deal would be done in 2 weeks fecking months and months ago and now it's not Rolands fault the sale ain't gone through !!  WTF 
    Exactly. WTF. 
    Although technically I said the Aussies hoped the deal would go ahead in two weeks, which was what they were told. The whole thing is a clusterf*ck. (I believe that’s the correct term these days?)
    No, we are trying to use decent language these days.😉
  • After going on for over 2 years I have now given up all hope that this sale will ever happen.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but this sale has become a farce. Our hopes are raised only to be dashed a few days later. 
  • I may be wrong but this appears to be as near to a sale as we have ever been - isn’t he effectively saying that if the 3 directors waiver their loans, it’s done? We’re talking a few mil? Surely it will be sorted one way or another - looks like a last attempt to squeeze a bit out of who rd sees as the enemy 
  • Will keep an eye out for the bulletin!!!
  • JamesSeed said:
    Looks like I am late to the party on this one, Muir was at Wembley? 

Not saying it wasn’t with the Aussies, I was saying I wasn’t told by the Aussies (for the usual reasons).
    Sorry for the ambiguity. 
    Ok got ya, thanks for sharing. 
  • £2.65m Roland can't afford that lol for the directors loans.
    It would cost him .005% of his net worth! We should the man a break. Unlike billionaires, those in the £100-800M range are struggling these days.
    Putting that in perspective. £20k would be a lot of money to all of us but .005% of £20k is £1.00
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!