Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    "Cooperation" meaning 4 have agreed to discuss but the other 3 aren't even entertaining a discussion??

• Is the hold up with RedBull
  • You know it Red!
  • DOUCHER said:
    I may be wrong but this appears to be as near to a sale as we have ever been - isn’t he effectively saying that if the 3 directors waiver their loans, it’s done? We’re talking a few mil? Surely it will be sorted one way or another - looks like a last attempt to squeeze a bit out of who rd sees as the enemy 
    But that's what makes it so difficult to understand. We are talking 3/6m that is holding this up. Surely the investment into the club is considerably more than that so how can any potential buyer see that as a stumbling block. They have probably invested around 1m in DD alone. It's just doesn't make sense. 

Promotion to the PL will be worth what, 200m in 2 season, which would be a realistic aim. I'd love to think what Lee and Steve could do with say a transfer budget for 10m

Dreaming I know but potentially getting a 200m windfall off of a combined investment of say 70m (takeover, transfers, running costs etc) must surely be the goal
  • edited June 2019
    Oops.
  • 1663, The Theatre Royal opens in Drury  Lane.
  • 😆

😘
  • No clue if the case, but I wonder if the reason Bowyer has not bolted yet is....
    1. He knows who the new owners (might) be
    2. They have told him they will give him some "reasonable" money to spend
    3. They want to sign him, first thing, once it goes through
    And so he is being more patient than he otherwise might be?
    1. He told the fans and the players that we are on a journey together. You can’t bail out at the first whiff of a fiver.
    2. He does not give a shit who the new owners are or maybe because he can’t influence that. It is what it is.
    3. He trusts his management team to get in the players that will make us competitive enough to stay in the league.
    4. He has a promise that he can at least sign one good player for about £800k
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    No clue if the case, but I wonder if the reason Bowyer has not bolted yet is....
    1. He knows who the new owners (might) be
    2. They have told him they will give him some "reasonable" money to spend
    3. They want to sign him, first thing, once it goes through
    And so he is being more patient than he otherwise might be?
    1. He told the fans and the players that we are on a journey together. You can’t bail out at the first whiff of a fiver.
    2. He does not give a shit who the new owners are or maybe because he can’t influence that. It is what it is.
    3. He trusts his management team to get in the players that will make us competitive enough to stay in the league.
    Maybe he sees Cullen as the young player depending on pre season 
  • As Muir was at Wembley I'm assuming the Aussies have agreed a price.

The ex-directors not thanked by RD are, Derek Chappell, Robert Whitehand and David Sumners.
    If I'm correct I'm assuming they have not as yet agreed a deal to pay off their loans, but Murray, Hatter, Hughes and White have agreed.

RD is saying that the prospective owner put forward by Varney is the current owner of Ebbsfleet, who has not been paying the bills on time for a considerable period.

Bowyer wants a basic wage, higher than is currently on offer and negotiations will continue next week.

The playing budget is low (perhaps lowest in division) and we'll just have to get on with it.
    So David White has agreed nothing, only that he is willing to discuss matters.

So perhaps those he thanked have agreed to talk about their loans and the others have said there is nothing to discuss, because we want repayment in full ?
  • Redrobo said:

First I've heard of this one.
  • edited June 2019
    As Muir was at Wembley I'm assuming the Aussies have agreed a price.

The ex-directors not thanked by RD are, Derek Chappell, Robert Whitehand and David Sumners.
    If I'm correct I'm assuming they have not as yet agreed a deal to pay off their loans, but Murray, Hatter, Hughes and White have agreed.

RD is saying that the prospective owner put forward by Varney is the current owner of Ebbsfleet, who has not been paying the bills on time for a considerable period.

Bowyer wants a basic wage, higher than is currently on offer and negotiations will continue next week.

The playing budget is low (perhaps lowest in division) and we'll just have to get on with it.

So perhaps those he thanked have agreed to talk about their loans and the others have said there is nothing to discuss, because we want repayment in full ?

Or maybe people are falling for Duchatelet's lies and spin again.
    Maybe so.
    What do you think ?

Perhaps we are no nearer a sale than we have ever been, because neither RD nor the prospective buyer will settle the ex director loans ?
  • Last season Eighteen million pounds.Rd put in ten million pounds.This season RD puts in no more then five million pounds.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I may be wrong but this appears to be as near to a sale as we have ever been - isn’t he effectively saying that if the 3 directors waiver their loans, it’s done? We’re talking a few mil? Surely it will be sorted one way or another - looks like a last attempt to squeeze a bit out of who rd sees as the enemy 
    But that's what makes it so difficult to understand. We are talking 3/6m that is holding this up. Surely the investment into the club is considerably more than that so how can any potential buyer see that as a stumbling block. They have probably invested around 1m in DD alone. It's just doesn't make sense. 

Promotion to the PL will be worth what, 200m in 2 season, which would be a realistic aim. I'd love to think what Lee and Steve could do with say a transfer budget for 10m

Dreaming I know but potentially getting a 200m windfall off of a combined investment of say 70m (takeover, transfers, running costs etc) must surely be the goal
    Because it’s not for then to sort out these issues, it’s for Roland. Hence the problem maybe? I suspect he’s been keeping them dangling. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    I am actually starting to wonder if RD is upset we are in the Championship. I believe if he can't sell, he might actually welcome going back down to L1 because the financial losses, wages and staff of clubs are lower down there than The Championship. His worst year of losses were the year we got relegated and I am certain he refuses to go for round two to keep us up. If I remember correctly, in the annual report after that season he said something like... "This will never be repeated." Strong words and there is no reason not to believe him.

• edited June 2019

Maybe so.
    What do you think ?

Perhaps we are no nearer a sale than we have ever been, because neither RD nor the prospective buyer will settle the ex director loans ?
    Duchatelet wants fans to think it's the director loans that are now the problem despite LDT constantly saying they aren't an issue for months and months.

So what's changed?

Nothing has changed.  Buyers want clean title, Roland hasn't bothered to sort the loans because he doesn't want to pay the money to do so.

David White, who I trust and who has the best interests of the club at heart unlike Duchatelet, has just said nothing has been agreed with him.

Now some now will say Duchatelet never said a deal had been done over the loans but he implied that it had.
    While I agree with everything you say there, not paying off the directors is surely costing him millions over the months and years. It doesn’t make sense. 
    Edit. Which makes sense. 
  • edited June 2019

Maybe so.
    What do you think ?

Duchatelet wants fans to think it's the director loans that are now the problem despite LDT constantly saying they aren't an issue for months and months.

So what's changed?

Nothing has changed.  Buyers want clean title, Roland hasn't bothered to sort the loans because he doesn't want to pay the money to do so.

David White, who I trust and who has the best interests of the club at heart unlike Duchatelet, has just said nothing has been agreed with him.

Now some now will say Duchatelet never said a deal had been done over the loans but he implied that it had.
    Sounds more than plausable.

So we know the first question to be asked at the fans forum, although whatever bullshit is replied is sort of neither here nor there.

It looks like nothing has changed.
  • Or it's a bit of a rubbish attempt at getting the ex directors to move using the prisoner's dilemma.

The most Charlton of takeovers. 

RD naming & shaming. Telling the fans who is holding up the sale. Its now getting personal.  
  • edited June 2019
    Addickted said:

Maybe so.
    What do you think ?

So what's changed?

Sounds more than plausable.

So we know the first question to be asked at the fans forum, although whatever bullshit is replied is sort of neither here nor there.

It looks like nothing has changed.
    Exactly.

He just doesn't want to pay off the ex directors debentures because his piss poor DD didn't acknowledge the importance of them. He now expects the ex Directors to subsidise his mistakes. The derisory initial offer has, I suspect been doubled, anticipating a joyous cheer from those 7 creditors, when in fact probably only Murray has agreed to.

I know one of them will accept nothing short of 100% of what they are owed - not to scupper any forthcoming deal, but to ensure Duchatalet pays his debts in full and I thank him for that.
    He’s shooting himself in the foot basically. How much money has he lost in the process?
    The tragedy of the situation is that selling the club now would make a massive difference to its future, but stuck in this situation for too much longer it could all go horribly wrong. Roland could easily pay off the directors, and should do so ASAP. 
  • but the way roland talks in that message he is clearly telling is we wont be sold and that we will have a tiny budget. 
  • It’s happening!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!