Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 1645, The New Model Army is formed. You'd have thought they'd have had other things on their minds than playing with toy soldiers.
    Rubbish band anyway.
  • edited June 2019
    vff said:
    Ultimatum said:
    Can we get back on topic, I just love clinging to the slightest hope that we’ll be taken over. I mean, I saw Skippy down Sparrows Lane earlier on... 
    Skippy was there to find someone who had fallen down a long abandoned construction site hole. I saw him heading over to your direction to tell you about it @Ultimatum :)
    "What's that Skippy? Little Tommy has fallen down the old Sparrows lane mine shaft?........Oh dear."
  • edited June 2019
    Small piece of info. Vienna may well be the capital of Austria but it is a business base for individuals and entities from all over, rather like London is. 

I've done a lot of work in Vienna and businesses there seem no more inclined to pay double what something is worth, than businesses elsewhere. Just sayin....
    Love Vienna Prague. Spent a week there a couple of years ago touring.
    Elegant city.
    English mate and his German wife live in the centre.
    At the risk of upsetting a few posters on here my mate was heavily involved helping refugee's from Syria settle in Vienna..
    He's quite a character as you would imagine.
    One of life's hero's.

Hi John. I was in Vienna last month, as a participant in a brilliant project called Europe Talks. For the first and probably last time, as a result I ended up in the FT. I think you might be interested, it's an ongoing project. Principle is simple, when you meet people in real life rather than on social media they are different and more nuanced in their opinions that you supposed, and they might just change some of your own opinions too.

Nothing to do with the sale of Charlton of course, but considering some of the other stuff on here at the moment...
    @pragueaddick in rallying call to close the borders ....
  • Rudders22 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    With Bowyer and Gallen’s ability to attract talent to the club there’s always hope. Even without backing there’s a chance.
    With new, reasonably minted owners, who knows what might happen. 

Oh do you know something James?
    Absolutely not I’m afraid. 
  • Where’s the banker gone
  • Where’s the banker gone
    Nobody's heard a peep from him since Deal or No Deal got cancelled.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1646, John  Flamsteed the first Astronomer Royal is born. There is a bust of him in The Royal Observatory Museum at Greenwich.
    Getting a bit boring now Happyvalley, just like this thread I suppose.
  • edited June 2019
  • Uboat said:
    Morning team. Apologies for my performance last night. I'd been drinking since 11am, with sadly predictable consequences. If you take out the swearing and aggression I basically stand by what I said. The fact that Wembley was amazing and made you feel warm and fuzzy doesn't mean RD will approach this transfer window any differently to the others. If he is still our owner this season Bowyer will have to work an even bigger miracle than he did this season. Maybe he will and obviously we all hope so. 
    If Bowyer is still here, is there any other club in the world who wouldn't be desperate to get LB & his staff signed up asap ?
  • 1646, John  Flamsteed the first Astronomer Royal is born. There is a bust of him in The Royal Observatory Museum at Greenwich.
    And a house at Blackheath Bluecoats school (no longer exists) named after him. 
  • CAFCBell said:
    1646, John  Flamsteed the first Astronomer Royal is born. There is a bust of him in The Royal Observatory Museum at Greenwich.
    And a house at Blackheath Bluecoats school (no longer exists) named after him. 

I used to work in Flamsteed house Blackheath Bluecoats, so sorry to see the school close
  • Have have a horrible feeling GM is back in Oz. Either that or he’s up in the middle of the night texting :-(
  • So GM was texting you in middle of night James?
  • Rudders22 said:
    So GM was texting you in middle of night James?
    Might well have been in the middle of his day. That’s the problem. 
  • I did last time, but didn’t get a reply. Anything business related - nada. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    "Hi there!" 
    "Hi, we haven't spoken in ages.  How are you?" 
    "I am great thanks.  You?" 
    "Yeah, really good.  Where are you?" 
    "I don't answer anything business related.  Good day to you sir!" 
    “But wait, is it the middle of the night there?”
  • If us now being in the Championship isn't the impetus for one of the f**king groups to pull their collective fingers out then I don't know what is. 

I'm with @Off_it on this one. Thumb screws or the rack for LDT at the fans forum this week. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Have have a horrible feeling GM is back in Oz. Either that or he’s up in the middle of the night texting :-(
    He could have gone home to pack up his stuff and move to the Uk? #ClutchingAtStraws
  • edited June 2019
    This month is the most important in cafc recent history.
    The momentum from the Luton home win till the Wembley victory and the return of the masses to support and give energy to our football team was a wonder to behold.
    If that momentum is allowed to be lost by Bowyer and his team not being offered improved contracts, commensurate with their success on the field then the fall out will be shocking.

Hell hath no fury like a rich owner scorned.
    I hope the folk on CL who believe it's 100% money with Duchatelet are correct and those like myself who believe it's money and a degree of revenge are wrong.

If Charlton Athletic are to become a vibrant football club with new younger fans that were at the valley for the semi final and at Wembley, then it's paramount that my fears are unfounded.
  • Uboat said:
    Morning team. Apologies for my performance last night. I'd been drinking since 11am, with sadly predictable consequences. If you take out the swearing and aggression I basically stand by what I said. The fact that Wembley was amazing and made you feel warm and fuzzy doesn't mean RD will approach this transfer window any differently to the others. If he is still our owner this season Bowyer will have to work an even bigger miracle than he did this season. Maybe he will and obviously we all hope so. 
    Oh f*ck off.

;-) 
  • Sadly I think SHG is spot on.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!