Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• We would get a decent fee for Aribo, basically we can say how much we think his worth if the buying club don't agree then it goes to a third party to come up with the fee.  They look at multiple things but the most important is how much money the buying club are offering the player in wages.  If they are offering Aribo a big contract then its obvious he isn't worth a few 100k.  Will def be looking at a few million easy. 
  • luke1 said:
    We would get a decent fee for Aribo, basically we can say how much we think his worth if the buying club don't agree then it goes to a third party to come up with the fee.  They look at multiple things but the most important is how much money the buying club are offering the player in wages.  If they are offering Aribo a big contract then its obvious he isn't worth a few 100k.  Will def be looking at a few million easy. 
    He's out of contract.

We might get a development fee but he's only been with us for three or four years.
  • edited May 2019
    luke1 said:
    We would get a decent fee for Aribo, basically we can say how much we think his worth if the buying club don't agree then it goes to a third party to come up with the fee.  They look at multiple things but the most important is how much money the buying club are offering the player in wages.  If they are offering Aribo a big contract then its obvious he isn't worth a few 100k.  Will def be looking at a few million easy. 
    No way are we going to get 'a few million' for a player who only joined us at 19 and who's played his entire career in league one. Although i'm not sure what other precedents there are to judge what kind of compensation fee is likely, i'd expect it to be a few hundred thousand rather than a few million though.
  • luke1 said:
    No way are we going to get 'a few million' for a player who only joined us at 19 and who's played his entire career in league one. Although i'm not sure what other precedents there are to judge what kind of compensation fee is likely, i'd expect it to be a few hundred thousand rather than a few million though.
    I didn't realise he joined so late, so you're probably right.   However there will probably be an opportunity to have a sell on clause that could make more money down the line. 

This article explains in pretty well.  

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

• Uboat said:
    So only support your team at Wembley?
    It didn't take long, it really didn't.
    So disappointing. 
    I think that you need to start looking at the bigger picture. 
    We all know the bigger picture.
    But some of us support the team home & away, whilst some of us turn up occasionally for a big game.
    We all know & want a better owner.
    Have another listen to what Lee Bowyer said about the importance of the fans.
    So when Bowyer and over half of the current squad walk away on 30 June because the idiotic owner fails to offer them adequate contracts and then brings in inferior replacements from football's equivalent of Poundland, you'll feel the same will you? 
    Bowyer should obviously have been signed up, we all know it's ridiculous. So should Aribo & Fosu at the start of last season.

However, it is a lie to say that half the squad are leaving because the idiotic owner has failed to offer them an adequate contract.

We have offered contracts to who we want to keep. Please read what Bowyer said.

The reason for not offering the others contracts, is because Lee Bowyer doesn't want to keep them & I agree with him.

We shall be looking to get in better players, not inferior players.

We all know they are likely to be the best players from L1 who are out if contract like Lyle Taylor was.

We all know it's far from ideal & we all want a better owner than the bonkers Belgian, but please don't tell lies to influence others. 
    I don’t think Bowyer will be leaving but Superclive’s comment cannot be a lie because it’s a prediction not a statement of fact - see also Boris Johnson’s lies v unfulfilled predictions on the remain side in 2016. One was established fact, the other was opinion.

The strong likelihood if RD remains in charge is that he will wreck the situation again. I’m reluctant to expand on this too much in the aftermath of last weekend, which everyone enjoyed, but the flaws in his approach are obvious and won’t be offset by cheering louder or pretending they don’t exist. The difference in L1 is that two thirds of the clubs can’t compete with us.

”Support the team” on its own is not enough. Indeed it’s likely to lead to another wave of even deeper hopelessness driving more people away permanently. It needs to be coupled with causing Duchatelet as much embarrassment and inconvenience as possible. 

So the current squad is Phillips, Page, Bauer, Pearce, Marshall, Taylor, Parker, Reeves, Fosu, Vetokele, JFC, Pratley, Aribo, Morgan, Solly, Williams, Sarr, Lapslie, Dijksteel.

Bauer, Marshall, Parker, Reeves, Fosu, Vetokele, JFC, Aribo, and Williams are out of contract.

I think the vast majority would agree we would love to keep Bauer and Aribo and probably JFC.

I very much doubt the vast majority of fans would like to keep the rest to play in The Championship, if you take into account Bowyer deemed them not good enough and or not fit enough for L1. (Williams apart but wages are his issue).

So It's not true to say that half the squad are leaving because the idiotic owner has failed to offer them adequate contracts.

It may be true of Bauer, JFC and Aribo. But 3 out of 19 is not half the squad no matter what anyone pretends.

We know Fosu has been offered a contract so we can get a fee for him.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong then please list the 7 other players that Bowyer wants to keep, but can't because the idiotic owner has failed to offer them adequate contracts.

Before anyone does I recommend you read what Bowyer said.

Finally, we all know RD is an idiotic owner, that is not in dispute and I don't think we will have a strong squad next season.
    I'm simply saying that what superclive98 said cannot possibly be true. An exaggeration.

Apologies for side tracking the sale thread, but I can't be having people saying things that cannot become true, as it's a factual impossibility, unless Bowyer was lying and wanted to keep all the released players.
    Personally, I don't think he did.

I still don't know what your 'It didn't take long. It really didn't' point means. You repeatedly say that RD is a bad owner, so what are you talking about?
    I meant the happy joyous posts turning to doom and gloom.
  • edited May 2019
    Usually the two clubs agree (did we find an agreement with West Ham for Diego Poyet a few years back?) so I suspect whatever derisory amount a club offers us for Aribo, Roland will instruct his minion to accept it.

If not and it goes to the committee, there are a lot of factors to take into account including relative contract offers, age of player, how long at developing club, relative position of both clubs, etc.
  • edited May 2019
    luke1 said:
    He's out of contract.

We might get a development fee but he's only been with us for three or four years.
    Couldn’t he sign before being sold, like Fosu?

Edit: Agh, wrong thread!! Another post on the thread that would not die!
  • 1643, The Battle of Alton takes place during The Civil War.
  • Blimey, the Civil War only started on the last page and we're already having a full scale battle on this page.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    Blimey, the Civil War only started on the last page and we're already having a full scale battle on this page.

No spoilers please. 
  • Addickted said:
    Blimey, the Civil War only started on the last page and we're already having a full scale battle on this page.

No spoilers please. 

Think Cromwell might win by a 'short head'?
  • Solidgone said:
    If RD is still holding out for £65m on the sale  of real estate, then we have an impasse. Remember that he is a business man with profit is king thinking. The difference between how much the club cost him and £65m ((less expenditure) means that he can hold out. Plus a few more quid for Aribo will mean longer. 

With have a serious situation here as it’s more than likely to continue under his ownership for sometime. Such a shame. 

£65 million? He's got more chance of knitting fog than getting that. Oh well, looks like a short stay in the Championship then.
  • luke1 said:
    luke1 said:
    I didn't realise he joined so late, so you're probably right.   However there will probably be an opportunity to have a sell on clause that could make more money down the line. 

This article explains in pretty well.  

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

"It is also usual for there to be a sell-on fee should the player be sold at a profit at any point in the future."

Informative article, explains how it all works - plus several case studies.

Interestingly, some of these case studies were of lower League clubs who'd signed youngsters released by Prem clubs, but had further developed them themselves.

Some tasty fees were demanded by tribunals.

No question that we'd get a decent development fee for Joe Aribo, but of course much smaller than a market place transfer fee that the idiot owner could have received if only he'd tied up Aribo to an acceptable contract last summer.

• You’d be lucky to give Fosu away based on form so I don’t see the benefit of offering him a contract just so we get a fee 
  • Can I just say that it’s totally unacceptable that Bowyer and Jacko haven’t been offered an improved contract yet. 

If the matter hasn’t been resolved by the end of next week I hope CARD have a good plan in mind to ramp up the pressure on RD.
  • You’d be lucky to give Fosu away based on form so I don’t see the benefit of offering him a contract just so we get a fee 
    I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that we ended up paying Reading around £75,000 development fee for Fosu.

I guess the idiot owner thinks he'll get that sum back by Fosu rejecting any contract offer at Charlton, and signing for another club.

It could already be that Fosu has a club lined up.

• Oggy Red said:
    You’d be lucky to give Fosu away based on form so I don’t see the benefit of offering him a contract just so we get a fee 
    I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that we ended up paying Reading around £75,000 development fee for Fosu.

I guess the idiot owner thinks he'll get that sum back by Fosu rejecting any contract offer at Charlton, and signing for another club.

He did not fit our system or squad. That does not make him a bad player. There are a lot of teams in div1 that he could improve. £75k is not a lot for him, and he may become a better player if he has learnt anything from his time with Bows.

I would also add that it was a pleasure to watch him last season. Good luck to the guy. Drop the attitude, work hard, and he could still move up the leagues.
  • Oggy Red said:
    You’d be lucky to give Fosu away based on form so I don’t see the benefit of offering him a contract just so we get a fee 

I imagine that RD would not know Fosu if he stood in front of him with a roll of duct (duck) tape. I would think all of these decisions are being made by Bowyer and Gallen, because at the moment it will not cost money, plus saving wages on all players going
  • I wonder how things went in the Austrian meeting.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedJohn said:
    I wonder how things went in the Austrian meeting.

Was there one today? 
  • Red Bull again? 
  • _MrDick said:
    _MrDick said:
    My insider says that ‘there’s a meeting on Friday with RD with a group mainly based in Austria ... not sure if there they’re new or one of the existing groups that have shown interest ...’

Has anyone seen the activity wall? I appear to have ruffled feathers. My inside information comes from you know where and was posted by you know who. I’ll say no more ...
    Hopefully.
  • 1643 @KiwiValley still fuming about @happyvalley denying him an all time great Civil War joke on 1642 having put in the ground work on 1641
  • Thanks for the heads up on the activity page.

Activity page rules OK

So an Australian/Austrian/Charlton consortium.

Anymore nationalities and we'll never to able to afford to protest.

Activity page rules OK

Perhaps that’s the idea ;-)
  • Sorry I don’t understand what activity page means is that an oblique to another forum they should not be named
  • Sorry I don’t understand what activity page means is that an oblique to another forum they should not be named
    no, it's the activity page on CL

Activity page rules OK

It’s becoming a League of Nations . What could possibly go wrong?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!