Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    Do we now consider the ‘Duchatelet years’ worse than the ‘Ground-sharing years’? 
    That’s a really interesting question. 
    I started off with Charlton during the ground sharing years as a kid but because of that (and having never been to The Valley) at that time, I didn’t really appreciate how shit it was and mostly enjoyed it (except for the relegation and irritating player sales) so for me these last 5yrs feel a lot worse but interested to read the views of others/elders....
  • If I had the money I would pay £35M tops. 
    Covered End, NLA and Bob Monro could raised the money between them.

Problem is, they all want to be the Steve Parish figure (Without the hair and Susanna Reid)  ;)
  • I think NLA would look great in a Susanna Reid wig.
  • She's binned Parish now thank God.
  • She's binned Parish now thank God.
    Ok, I will be the one to say it,
    I would imagine Steve Parish had a lot to do with Palace paying the bulk of Jonny Williams wages on the six month contract.
    Plus Steve Parish is one lucky bastard with some lovely memories !
  • Valley11 said:
    Do we now consider the ‘Duchatelet years’ worse than the ‘Ground-sharing years’? 

Well, that's a no brainer surely. For me the 'Ground-sharing years' although frustrating, were a relatively successful period for the team.

Purely down to Lee and the boys we have achieved nothing short of a miracle in getting promoted - despite having, arguably, the worst owner in the club's history.  Do you honestly see him changing his attitude now?

• 1642, Isaac Newton born.
    You’re fucking with me @happyvalley !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• If this thread gets to page 2020, @happyvalley deserves a promote.
  • Addickted said:
    If this thread gets to page 2020, @happyvalley deserves a promote.
    Do we start fabricating news at that point? 
  • We really do have to wait until July to get a better picture as to where we are on the pitch. Worth remembering that the Powell 2011/12 side was a major rebuild, and the first players didn't arrive until the 1st June, with most arriving at the end of June/early July.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Charlton_Athletic_F.C._season
  • edited May 2019
    We really do have to wait until July to get a better picture as to where we are on the pitch. Worth remembering that the Powell 2011/12 side was a major rebuild, and the first players didn't arrive until the 1st June, with most arriving at the end of June/early July.

2012/13 is a better comparison. In any event, most 2011/12 players were lined up from March onwards.
  • 1642 - English bleeding Civil War begins
  • We really do have to wait until July to get a better picture as to where we are on the pitch. Worth remembering that the Powell 2011/12 side was a major rebuild, and the first players didn't arrive until the 1st June, with most arriving at the end of June/early July.

That was a League One rebuild with the Jenkinson money.
  • Can this takeover please happen?! There’s going to be a civil war soon... 

There will be nothing civil about it
  • If RD is still holding out for £65m on the sale  of real estate, then we have an impasse. Remember that he is a business man with profit is king thinking. The difference between how much the club cost him and £65m ((less expenditure) means that he can hold out. Plus a few more quid for Aribo will mean longer. 

With have a serious situation here as it’s more than likely to continue under his ownership for sometime. Such a shame. 
    Come on, mate. Quite a big year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    1642, Isaac Newton born.
    Come on, mate. Quite a big year. 
    Last Uboat taken out of service?
  • Solidgone said:
    If RD is still holding out for £65m on the sale  of real estate, then we have an impasse. Remember that he is a business man with profit is king thinking. The difference between how much the club cost him and £65m ((less expenditure) means that he can hold out. Plus a few more quid for Aribo will mean longer. 

With have a serious situation here as it’s more than likely to continue under his ownership for sometime. Such a shame. 
    He won't get much for Aribo. Any compensation fee will be pretty small i think given he's been playing in league one and has no international youth caps. Also i'm not sure how it works but do we get even less if Aribo goes to Rangers or Celtic as i think you get less if the player moves countries?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!