Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Only seen a hoopoe twice in my life, the first time was just before RD took over, and then  I see one yesterday. If that ain't cast iron tell tail sign, I'd like to know what is...

"2 weeks max", "no ifs, no buts", "it IS happening".
  • Said many months that we will only be sold if one of 2 things happens:

1. RD lowers his asking price.
    2. RD dies.

I'm pretty sure number 2 hasn't happened, so does anyone have any info that number 1 has?
    There's a rumour that it's dipped under£40m, but who knows.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Said many months that we will only be sold if one of 2 things happens:

2. RD dies.

I'm pretty sure number 2 hasn't happened, so does anyone have any info that number 1 has?
    If that's true I believe we will be sold. 
    Less than £40 million for a championship club is reasonable. 
    As a rough guide, Wolves were bought by Fosun for 45m a couple of years back.

Aston villa were bought for 62m by Xia. Not sure how much he then sold his majority stake (55%) for though, i think it was about 30m.

Dave Whelan sold Wigan for 22m last year.
  • JamesSeed said:

2. RD dies.

Theres nothing reasonable with Roland
  • It’s a bit like buying a house, the headline figure looks tempting at £400k but then the owner insists on being paid an extra £50k when you put your £150k extension on and the house goes up in value.

Oh and the owner is keen to make sure that if any of the fixtures and fittings he flogged off on the cheap turn out to be undiscovered masters later, he wants any money for them too. 
  • edited May 2019
    JamesSeed said:

2. RD dies.

It was a DM on Twitter from someone who has a contact, but not always reliable (the Indian investors for example?). He said a price has been agreed, but wouldn’t say how much, ‘to protect his source’, but said it was under £40m. 
    Of course it could all be nonsense. Wouldn’t be the first time!
    But after Sunday’s euphoric victory, it would top off a great season. 
  • 1639, The Treaty of Berwick is signed by Charles 1 & the Scots.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t be announced yet but I’ll give you a clue...

New sponsor is a popular energy drink

New catering is from a company known for their microwave noodles
    Knowing our luck, it’ll be the company that sells energy drinks in Cost Cutter for £0.39p  :(
  • PopIcon said:
    Hints of two Middle Eastern guys with Curbs at Wembley . Anything on that ?
    I'm fairly sure that Ravi was sitting next to Curbs, might be wrong.
    We were in row 1 of Block 552 right above the box where the trophy was presented. I only spotted Curbs standing next to one young guy of potentially Middle Eastern appearance when I looked down at the end of the game. Didn't see Ravi, so guess he must have moved off and assume he may have been the second referred to above.

Were you the one's told to get down from the ledge by security after the winning goal went in?
  • If I had the money I would pay £35M tops. 
  • edited May 2019
    JamesSeed said:

2. RD dies.

Depends does that include the 10m needed to pay off old directors and get a clean slate? 
  • JamesSeed said:

2. RD dies.

Depends does that included the 10m needed to pay off old directors and get a clean slate? 
    It's only £7m I thought Rosie but a good point nevertheless  ;).
  • clb74 said:
    If I had the money I would pay £35M tops. 
    If.
    You wanna try dipping into your savings account
    he cant its in a hedge fund
  • Froggy66 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Hints of two Middle Eastern guys with Curbs at Wembley . Anything on that ?
    I'm fairly sure that Ravi was sitting next to Curbs, might be wrong.
    We were in row 1 of Block 552 right above the box where the trophy was presented. I only spotted Curbs standing next to one young guy of potentially Middle Eastern appearance when I looked down at the end of the game. Didn't see Ravi, so guess he must have moved off and assume he may have been the second referred to above.

Were you the one's told to get down from the ledge by security after the winning goal went in?
    No, they suddenly appeared a few people to the right of me. Think they may have come done to the front from a few rows back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    JamesSeed said:

2. RD dies.

Depends does that included the 10m needed to pay off old directors and get a clean slate? 
    It's only £7m I thought Rosie but a good point nevertheless  ;).
    He's still delirious after Sunday night.
  • From the official site. Sounds like RD isn’t going anytime soon. 

“Charlton boss Lee Bowyer is hoping to replicate the recruitment success of last season with his summer spending this year.

Working with Head of Recruitment Steve Gallen on a limited budget, the pair astutely built a squad that finished League One in third place and secured promotion to the Championship with Sunday’s dramatic League One play-off final win over Sunderland.

The Addicks have offered new contracts to four first team players but are not extending the contracts of six first team players.

Bowyer said: “Our next step is to obviously replace the players that we are losing, that is the first and foremost thing. The loans will be done a bit later on like they were last season. We’ve got a list of the type of player that we want, our targets, and now it’s about going to work and trying to get them in on the budget that we have. 

It is a small budget. We’re going to have to duck and dive like we did last season and bring in the best players we can on the budget we have. We’ll work our hardest, like we did last year, on trying to achieve that, but it’s going to be difficult. 

“The one thing that we do have in our favour this season is that we are in the Championship, so that alone is a better attraction. Ok, we can’t compete financially, but we’re in a league above now, so that alone should help us.” “

“Charlton boss Lee Bowyer is hoping to replicate the recruitment success of last season with his summer spending this year.

Working with Head of Recruitment Steve Gallen on a limited budget, the pair astutely built a squad that finished League One in third place and secured promotion to the Championship with Sunday’s dramatic League One play-off final win over Sunderland.

The Addicks have offered new contracts to four first team players but are not extending the contracts of six first team players.

Bowyer said: “Our next step is to obviously replace the players that we are losing, that is the first and foremost thing. The loans will be done a bit later on like they were last season. We’ve got a list of the type of player that we want, our targets, and now it’s about going to work and trying to get them in on the budget that we have. 

“It is a small budget. We’re going to have to duck and dive like we did last season and bring in the best players we can on the budget we have. We’ll work our hardest, like we did last year, on trying to achieve that, but it’s going to be difficult. 

“The one thing that we do have in our favour this season is that we are in the Championship, so that alone is a better attraction. Ok, we can’t compete financially, but we’re in a league above now, so that alone should help us.” “

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB54dZkzZOY

• kentred2 said:
    From the official site. Sounds like RD isn’t going anytime soon. 

“It is a small budget. We’re going to have to duck and dive like we did last season and bring in the best players we can on the budget we have. We’ll work our hardest, like we did last year, on trying to achieve that, but it’s going to be difficult. 

And like Bowyer is staying too! 
    It would be a kick in the guts for the fans but I would not blame Bowyer if he left.

It is a small budget. We’re going to have to duck and dive like we did last season and bring in the best players we can on the budget we have. We’ll work our hardest, like we did last year, on trying to achieve that, but it’s going to be difficult. 

Actually gutted we haven't offered a deal to a cour of those and very surprised that we have offerred fosu one. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:

Actually gutted we haven't offered a deal to a cour of those and very surprised that we have offerred fosu one. 
    Reeves is the only one on that list I thought we might have retained 
  • CAFCDAZ said:

Reeves is the only one on that list I thought we might have retained 
    Was hoping we would keep Igor and Jonny
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!